UFC 222 - Edgar vs Ortega - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must have offered Ortega a lot of money to take this fight. He was next in line for a title shot without it and it's very high risk. Will Ortega even get a full camp?

I think Frankie keeps it standing for as much as possible and just picks at Ortega to win on points.

They must have offered Ortega a lot of money to take this fight. He was next in line for a title shot without it and it's very high risk. Will Ortega even get a full camp?

I think Frankie keeps it standing for as much as possible and just picks at Ortega to win on points.

My guess is Ortega doesn't think in terms of waiting to get a title shot. He is young and ready to prove himself against anyone.

fight is much more interesting as a 5er. Ortega really needs the time to find the sub.

Ortega r5 and Ortega by sub would be my plays.
Would not be so sure about that, we have not seen Ortega in a 5 rounder yet. He was actually slowing down quite a bit before snatching that sub against Swanson, although those bodyshots he took probably affected that a lot

I'm gonna be on Ortega even if it's a 3 rounder, can't bet against his abillity to always manage to find a way to win. Looks like his odds might climb higher than +200 too

F*ck these tiny 5Dimes $100 opening betting limits! Andre Soukhamthath opened at +180 vs Sean O'Malley which I missed because I got distracted watching the early weigh-ins for UFC on Fox 28 tomorrow. I managed a hundy at +140. It's down to +110 already. I would have put a grand on The Asian Sensation at the opener if I could.

That was a Bobby roode glorious opener on suckatash. Wish I went heavier

Got cat at +140

Yoder at +325

Lines were off brehs

Money came in on T City. Edgar back to -185. Good enough for me. Wasn't gonna bet him at -210 but at -185 it's worth 1.5u.

frankie has some of the best footwork, as well as hands, in mma and thats exactly how i see it playing out.

frankie has some of the best footwork, as well as hands, in mma and thats exactly how i see it playing out.

I would argue that part of what makes his boxing effective is the threat of the takedown, which will be at least somewhat nullified here.

Arlovski and Dodson, IMO. Arlovski's skills are still okay, and Struve's looking equally depleted.

i know dolloway still supposedly has some back issues but why is he a +145 against 40-year-old post usada lombard coming off a ko loss and three ko losses in his last four. i think lombards chin is gone, smith landed a two-punch combo with nothing on it and hector just folded

i know dolloway still supposedly has some back issues but why is he a +145 against 40-year-old post usada lombard coming off a ko loss and three ko losses in his last four. i think lombards chin is gone, smith landed a two-punch combo with nothing on it and hector just folded
IIRC Lombard still dropped Magny and Henderson in those fights and he was competitive against Hendricks. Not that that's saying a lot, but Dollaway is pretty fade material himself and its seemingly a bad match up for CB. I'm leaning towards stabbing CB as a dog or waiting for LB after the first round, but im prob gonna pass altogether, honestly. CB isn't a guy you wanna trust money on

The last fight of Bryan Caraway was in May 2016 against Sterling. Then he suffered an injury in January 2017 and another in November 2017, canceling two fights. Does anyone know how serious these injuries were? I was already thinking about betting on Stamann and I think it helps :D

IIRC Lombard still dropped Magny and Henderson in those fights and he was competitive against Hendricks. Not that that's saying a lot, but Dollaway is pretty fade material himself and its seemingly a bad match up for CB. I'm leaning towards stabbing CB as a dog or waiting for LB after the first round, but im prob gonna pass altogether, honestly. CB isn't a guy you wanna trust money on

you can play the 1st round itd prop on lombard.

to me its a pick em fight, at best for lombard, after the first round. all the cuban has now is the straight left and hook that a 6 2 guy should have no problem avoiding coming from a 40-year-old 5 7 guy who looks like he only throws around 15 sig punches a round now

seriously, is this all it takes now to ko lombard? these are bordeline arm punches with nothing on them that dont even connect flush.
giphy.gif

sad, this guy one went over 25 minutes non-stop with josh barnett

Last edited:

Gonna be juiced obviously, but FDNGD is what I'll be looking at. Hector's judo most likely stops the early TD attempts from Dolloway, so most likely it's gonna be two guys throwing power punches and whichever one lands first probably wins. I don't trust either guy's chin at all these days.

Got only 2 confident picks in Mackenzie Dern and Jordan Johnnson.
Im wondering why didnt he shoot for so much takedowns against Fortuna ? Was he concerned about Marcels ground game ?
Milstead got wrestlefucked by Blaydes and is coming of a knee injury plus ring rust so Im confident in Jordan.

Yoder sucks big, Dern is improving from fight to fight not talking about her big ground game advantage
yeah...anyone who wants to beat Dern obvs needs to keep it on the feet, and Yoder has absolutely no striking to worry her. This is a straight up squash match like we used to see on saturday morning pro wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back