UFC 222 - Edgar vs Ortega - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HATE that it's 3 rounds

This is a good thing. Not that anyone will buy this card but can turn the stream off after Edgar and go do something else

I think Ortega had a much better chance if it was 5 rounds

Multiple sites are reporting Ortega V Edgar is a title eliminator but no interim belt is on the line. C'mon though WME just give us a couple more rounds would ya?

I just can't believe they're gonna make this 3 rounds.

Rener may be mistaken, but he definitely thinks it's a 5 rounder.

Everything I've heard and read says it's 3 rounds but that all said Ortega was the reason, not wanting 5. Now someone close to him thinks it's 5 I'm not sure...

Without it being for a title and not main event we know it isn't 5 though

I'm not sure who five rounds would have favored. Edgar because of his five round experience and great cardio? Or Ortega because it would give him more time to submit the never before stopped Edgar? I weight the cardio factor more highly so conversely it seems like three rounds favors Ortega in comparison to five rounds where Edgar's cardio and workrate would come into play.

I'm not sure who five rounds would have favored. Edgar because of his five round experience and great cardio? Or Ortega because it would give him more time to submit the never before stopped Edgar? I weight the cardio factor more highly so conversely it seems like three rounds favors Ortega in comparison to five rounds where Edgar's cardio and workrate would come into play.

i think it really favours edgar and i'm anxious for odds.

i think it really favours edgar and i'm anxious for odds.
Why do you think three rounds favors Edgar? Less time for Frankie to make a mistake and Ortega to get a quick submission from it?

Edgar all day. I don't see him getting subbed from the bottom and Ortega's just been developing more jank on top of his existing jank.

IMO Edgar is a bad matchup for Ortega. If Ortega submits him than he is really legit and Max will lose his belt.
But... Edgar has cardio for 10 rounds, is really experienced and is good in every area.

IMO Edgar is a bad matchup for Ortega. If Ortega submits him than he is really legit and Max will lose his belt.
But... Edgar has cardio for 10 rounds, is really experienced and is good in every area.
Yeah. Ortega's grappling is weird. He has subs as takedown counters and the crazy Swanson jank guillotine, but his actual defensive grappling isn't great once it gets positional. Tavares managed to mount him IIRC. I feel like Edgar gets to side-control/mount whilst Ortega's trying to play guard and removes his face.

Early Betsafe Odds

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 11.40.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 11.40.37 AM.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back