UFC 222 - Edgar vs Ortega - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very strong lean for the Cody/TJ match if it happens. Would rather see MM/TJ for sure, but I think there will be $ to made on the rematch for sure.

wtf. how does garbrandt get an immediate titlefight after 0 defenses

TJ declined the fight, so sounds like it’s not happening.

EDIT: ignore me lol

<mma4>

Thats the thing though, he'd earn more fighting for the real belt, and if he does beat Max (that's a big if), he gets PPV points plus a higher Reebok sponsorship payment + a shot at being included in the history books as the 4th UFC FW champ. Its a huge gamble for a small reward fighting Frankie here risking all of the above for lesser pay and on short notice.
When these guys fight for an interim belt I believe that they DO get the higher Reebok sponsorship payment of $30,000 as title challengers same as when they fight for the undisputed belt or vacant belt and also get larger paychecks if their managers negotiate with the UFC for them to step in and save these cards. The PPV points aren't going to be an issue for most of these fighters except for really big names. That's how they get these guys like Luke Rockohld to finally willingly step into these interim title fights like this upcoming one vs Yoel so often.

Edgar is a gem. I wonder who steps up to save the card...?

Garbrandt said he's willing to take the fight

Edgar/Garbrandt works for me. No interim title BS but absolutely a compelling fight.

I think Edgar pushes his shit in tbh but it's way better than Edgar/Elkins (I heard Ortega turned it down).

Please mma gods give us good odds on Ortega-Edgar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back