UFC 222 - Edgar vs Ortega - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard to hold that against Dodson imo i mean besides Wineland the guys Dodson did not finish have never been KO'ed before MM/Lineker/Makovsky nobody KO's those guys :) he landed some nasty shots on Lineker that would have knocked out alot of fighters in the division

So, so, so mad at not receiving my pay on time. My hailmary betslip would look like this:
hailmary.png

obviously, Yana winning isn't likely, but people need to stop acting like Cyborg is undefeatable lol. I can see her Holly Holm'ing her like Ronda.

I got Caraway as the dog, purely betting the value here. Stamann is good, but hasn't fought the level of competition that Caraway has, so we don't know where his ceiling is. Caraway is starting to get old for a BW, but at 33 still has more fight left in him. He has only ever lost to really good guys in his impressive UFC run.

The other bet I got is Sean O'Malley as the slight dog. He is a very talented guy and I think his first UFC scrap really woke him up, he shouldn't have as many jitters this time round. I think he should settle in and perform better now. He has a bad habit of blocking punches with his face, but I'm hoping he is going to welcome soccer-mom to the sugar show.

Not sure about the Cyborg over. The price is good on the O1.5, but I honestly think Kunitskaya has already lost in her mind. She's going in there scared and it's a matter of time before she gets finished. I know Cyborg has come out slower in her last 2 fights, but I think she will still smash if she senses weakness, which could easily happen in the first 7.5 mins.

why do you think that about Kunitskaya? some interview or something? she looked better then ever in her last fight and seems very confident to me in the cage

oh shit i was going to throw a few peanuts on Yana but forgot she is with JW making Cyborg a lock pretty much =/

true but this is his retirement fight and he is coming off two KO loses is 42 and been out over a year.. i dont think you need to be any of the above things to beat Pyle at this point

iirc, in a recent interview pyle also alluded to the fact that his body was breaking down in which he might have an injury coming into this fight

She can looks as good as she wants....in the end shes still fighting cyborg. Its not like cyborg has shown any signs of deteriorating she didnt finish Holm...but she beat her up for a solid 25 minutes. Im taking the over 1.5 at plus odds as thats the best value imo. If cyborg keeps her current gameplan of being patient and technical in her striking the over should hit...but im a first time poster longtime lurker. So dont take my word as sage advice.

hard to hold that against Dodson imo i mean besides Wineland the guys Dodson did not finish have never been KO'ed before MM/Lineker/Makovsky nobody KO's those guys :) he landed some nasty shots on Lineker that would have knocked out alot of fighters in the division

Lineker did eat some big head kicks, but again those are all guys who fight/fought at 125. Munhoz can barely make 135 and I'd argue his chin is right up there with the best in the division. It's gonna take the perfect shot from Dodson to put him away IMO.

Plus, you just said it yourself, Jackson-Wink curse applies to this fight as well ;)

I think Cyborg Unanimous Dec @ 9.00 at Unibet holds great value. Yana is a decent kickboxer and training with Holly she is likely to implement the same game plan, keeping distance and staying safe. Cyborg is not the killer she used to be anymore either. I love my over 1.5 and over 2.5 rounds plays, but I still added quite a bit on this as well.

Also... Kuni KO @ 21 or so at Williamhill. I mean...Post-Usada Cyborg must appear sooner or later, right?

One other thing re: Dodson vs Munhoz. Dodson is vunerable to low kicks to Munhoz has some nasty ones that he throws a ton of. If he can hamper Dodson's movement it could be a huge factor in this fight.

Lineker did eat some big head kicks, but again those are all guys who fight/fought at 125. Munhoz can barely make 135 and I'd argue his chin is right up there with the best in the division. It's gonna take the perfect shot from Dodson to put him away IMO.

Plus, you just said it yourself, Jackson-Wink curse applies to this fight as well ;)

true the JW curse is the reason i cant bet Dodson here :D i did not mean to say KO is likely here at all but Munhoz i very hittable and he never really faced any big hitters so would not be shocked at all if Dodson KO's him (Curse aside)

I think Cyborg Unanimous Dec @ 9.00 at Unibet holds great value. Yana is a decent kickboxer and training with Holly she is likely to implement the same game plan, keeping distance and staying safe. Cyborg is not the killer she used to be anymore either. I love my over 1.5 and over 2.5 rounds plays, but I still added quite a bit on this as well.

Also... Kuni KO @ 21 or so at Williamhill. I mean...Post-Usada Cyborg must appear sooner or later, right?
slightly better price on Cyborg Unanimous DEC 9.5 @ betsafe

true the JW curse is the reason i cant bet Dodson here :D i did not mean to say KO is likely here at all but Munhoz i very hittable and he never really faced any big hitters so would not be shocked at all if Dodson KO's him (Curse aside)

I would consider Font to be a hard hitter but yea, point taken.

So, so, so mad at not receiving my pay on time. My hailmary betslip would look like this:
hailmary.png

obviously, Yana winning isn't likely, but people need to stop acting like Cyborg is undefeatable lol. I can see her Holly Holm'ing her like Ronda.

Lmfao are you trolling dude?

why do you think that about Kunitskaya? some interview or something? she looked better then ever in her last fight and seems very confident to me in the cage

Yeah just from the interviews leading up to it. I could be reading into it more than it's there, but Cyborg is pretty much the Mike Tyson of WMMA, especially when it comes to fighting girls around Kunitskaya's size and experience.

Being from Jackson's certainly doesn't add confidence.

The odds are so bonkers right now, I don't mind a stab at her just because it's MMA and anything can happen, but I would be shocked if Cyborg didn't finish or have a dominant decision.

Cyborg gonna cyborg gents. I get the temptation tho

I'm on Frankie here. I got stung hard when Ortega caught Cub, but I'm still trusting my reads from before that fight. Ortega is tough as nails and can catch a finish at any time, with subs and heavy hitting strikes. However, he is prone to getting hit and is slow on the feet. Frankie is the perfect guy to take advantage of those weaknesses.

I think Frankie uses his boxing, footwork and world glass grappling to outclass this guy. Sure there is a chance that Ortega grabs the sub or lands a heavy strike to finish and a (much smaller) one that he does this enough to win 2 out of 3 rounds with those skills, but I'm willing to bet against it.

If he beats Frankie, he is the top contender for sure.

Edgar couldn't get passed a completely shot Aldo or Benson who was already declining. Time is kicking his ass more and more daily. Reflexes are not the same, power is fading and was never really there, he doesn't even kick that much.

Ortega finishes him in the 3rd.

She can looks as good as she wants....in the end shes still fighting cyborg. Its not like cyborg has shown any signs of deteriorating she didnt finish Holm...but she beat her up for a solid 25 minutes. Im taking the over 1.5 at plus odds as thats the best value imo. If cyborg keeps her current gameplan of being patient and technical in her striking the over should hit...but im a first time poster longtime lurker. So dont take my word as sage advice.

ty, I like that line. Playing parlay of Johnson/O'Malley/Cyborg Kunit over 1.5 at +480

Really? I kinda think Viera will tool her on the mat honestly. I think Zingano's best path to victory is to stay outside, use teeps and range strikes and try to win a boring decision. I think Viera wrecks her if it's in tight or if it turns into a grappling match. Maybe I'm seriously overrating Zingano's standing finish of Tate, IDK. It's been so long she's fought, I can barely remember some of her fights. I guess that's why I passed on this fight completely. Won't be home to live bet, and don't want any $ on it with no chance to buy out of my bet.

Zingano has been inactive but there is no tougher woman in the UFC. She put it on Amanda Nunes late and made Miesha look like an amateur. If she had not been overzealous she would have smashed Rousey before Holm did.

Cyborg gonna cyborg gents. I get the temptation tho

This. I was planning to stab Kunitskaya pre-tape but now I think she's going to get run over. I didn't see anything that makes me think she can give Cyborg any trouble whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back