UFC 222 - Edgar vs Ortega - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish my pay had arrived on time, would do a madparlay:
yana
frankie
struve

damn good odds.

nice spot, if frankie wins a dec i doubt it's even remotely contentious.

I agree, put 0.5U at Ortega SUB @4.50 and I’ll be surprised if neither of them hit.

im honestly thinking this card is dog city

dern completely overrated
how is johnson 2-1 against a legit athlete in milstead? he barely won his last fight.
zingano +175? Wtf? She looked solid against pena.
Pyle +255? He only loses to elite and super wrestlers -- which Ottow is neither.
Caraway a dog coming off a win over aljo?!

Those ones all stick out to me.

how is johnson 2-1 against a legit athlete in milstead? he barely won his last fight.
Pyle +255? He only loses to elite and super wrestlers -- which Ottow is neither.

I agree with everything you've said except one thing.
Ottow shouldn't be such a favourite against anyone, but Pyle is done. His reaction time is super slow and a gust of wind can knock him out.

I agree with everything you've said except one thing.
Ottow shouldn't be such a favourite against anyone, but Pyle is done. His reaction time is super slow and a gust of wind can knock him out.
Pyle's always been slow as molasses. His chin is utterly shot, but he's still the right side here at +250.

barely ? He controlled the whole fight and took down a 3rd degree black belt on will

barely ? He controlled the whole fight and took down a 3rd degree black belt on will

It was a close fight man. Johnson was outstruck in the fight and some scored it for Fortuna:

83mdkhj

I wouldn’t call Mina and Garcia elite. I guess you could argue that Garcia is a super wrestler but his wrestling had very little to do with the way he knocked out Pyle.

I got Caraway as the dog, purely betting the value here. Stamann is good, but hasn't fought the level of competition that Caraway has, so we don't know where his ceiling is. Caraway is starting to get old for a BW, but at 33 still has more fight left in him. He has only ever lost to really good guys in his impressive UFC run.

The other bet I got is Sean O'Malley as the slight dog. He is a very talented guy and I think his first UFC scrap really woke him up, he shouldn't have as many jitters this time round. I think he should settle in and perform better now. He has a bad habit of blocking punches with his face, but I'm hoping he is going to welcome soccer-mom to the sugar show.

Not sure about the Cyborg over. The price is good on the O1.5, but I honestly think Kunitskaya has already lost in her mind. She's going in there scared and it's a matter of time before she gets finished. I know Cyborg has come out slower in her last 2 fights, but I think she will still smash if she senses weakness, which could easily happen in the first 7.5 mins.

Last edited:
Jordan Johnson hasn’t impressed me at all really. Not sure how ppl are comfortable laying the juice here. Milstead may look way different against guys who aren’t 40 lbs bigger than him and is clearly the faster guy with more fight ending power. First fight at lhw and looked great on the scales. JJ better bring his singlet.

I wouldn’t call Mina and Garcia elite. I guess you could argue that Garcia is a super wrestler but his wrestling had very little to do with the way he knocked out Pyle.
I'm taking care of my son here and completely mistyped. Pyle loses to elite fighters, power punchers, and elite wrestlers. Ottow is none of those 3.

I'm taking care of my son here and completely mistyped. Pyle loses to elite fighters, power punchers, and elite wrestlers. Ottow is none of those 3.
true but this is his retirement fight and he is coming off two KO loses is 42 and been out over a year.. i dont think you need to be any of the above things to beat Pyle at this point

I don't agree at all and I think it's highly unlikely. Dodson has turned into the definition of point fighter and he's not carried nearly the same power with him to BW. Five of his last six have gone to decision and his one stoppage in the last nearly 4 years was against a beyond past it Gamburyan. He's constantly looking to score and get out of range.

Meanwhile, Munhoz has a iron chin and he's big for the division. Yes, he gets hit a lot but he's shown the ability to absorb everything thrown at him without issue. Also, this is the last fight on Dodson's contract so I expect he'll want to play it extra cautious.

Not to mention that Dodson was saved by the bell in his last fight when Moraes locked up that guillotine, Munhoz's bread and butter.

Wish I could "like" this post more than once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back