UFC 221 Salaries (Rockhold Takes 100k From Romero)

There are many ways that things can work. The idea that what we have is the only way, is ridiculous to me.

Fighters could have a contract, and fight according to it, but the UFC could also make things more interesting by putting some money of the table, that allows the higher paid fighter to make even more money, if he wins, and the lesser paid fighter to end up with more money than the higher paid fighter, if he wins.

For example, Fighter A gets paid a flat 100 and Fighter B gets paid 25 to show and 25 to win (for a total of 50 if he wins), but the UFC puts another 100 on the table. So, Fighter A can end up with 200 if he wins, and Fighter B can end up with 150, if he wins.

I don't know the UFC financials, but I am pretty sure, on paper, this type of system can work. The fighter who wins the fight, should ALWAYS make more for winning, than the loser, of all the money that is based on the competition.

Mark Hunt getting more money than Blaydes is similar to giving the kid who lost a nice shiny participation trophy, and the kid who won a winner's certificate made with regular paper. LOL
{<doc}

Blaydes only made U$51K, and the guy he rag dolled made U$765K. LOL

The UFC needs to find a way to make sure that the guy who wins the fight, always ends up with more money than the loser. Or else, all this is, is WWE without the scripted endings (as far as we can tell).
hunt has been in wars and is a known draw curtis is on his way

some decent mozarella on that list

If accurate not too shabby, sans the Reebok numbers. Still needs work but that's on the fighters and their people.

The Reebok numbers are 100% correct. The UFC released the pay chart years ago.

The Reebok numbers are 100% correct. The UFC released the pay chart years ago.
I meant the main payout as not too bad (giving no credence to the Bok).

These numbers arent real. TS copied this from a site called mma manifesto but what he didnt copy and paste is this disclaimer

Before we go any further, we should note that most international athletic commissions don’t release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official. However, you can get a fairly accurate picture of a fighter’s pay based on official purse info released from past fights. So, based on that info, here is the estimated pay breakdown for the 24 fighters that traded blows at the event. But please remember – this is only an estimate, not official info.

This site listed GSP's pay based on what Brock made at UFC 200, thats kind of all you need to know about it.

Yes, their almost always right. Like when Blaydes was complaining about pay.

Rockhold wanted more, or he wouldn't take the fight.
Thanks. Good thing he did.

Back