UFC 221 PPV buys ‘substantially lower’ than numbers returned for Miocic, Cyborg

Let's say it did around 130 to 150K, that's above the rock bottom baseline that Mighty Mouse or Amanda Nunes normally hits. Those show clear around 2 million dollars in profit so this did better than those normally do with a much higher gate. OH and they jacked up PPV prices.

In other words, WME-IMG is probably more than fine that an interim title fight with no star power made them a more than respectable profit.
@130k buys the UFC gets around 3.9M before any other cost are factored. They have to pay to rent the facility, fighter purses, AC fees (6% normally), medical staff cost, event insurance, advertising, transportation for every fighter, crew member and employee, lodging for all the same, per diem for all the same. They turned a profit I'm sure but 2M might be a bit much.

It seems you are afraid to recognize some divisions are shallow as fuck... and that is in the male's division where UFC own them for how long now??
If they can't get men's division deep, imagine WMMA that they are just starting.

But it seems people only have patience for men's MMA... WMMA suck and needs to be cut.
Unless you are also clamoring for te UFC to terminate HW, LHW and a few other divisions, you are a hypocrite, simple as that.
Lol what I'm saying is that yes some divisions may be shallow with the men's, but that doesn't change the fact that women's MMA sucks. They're slow, plodding, unathletic, poor mechanics and just overall not very interesting aside from a couple of matchups. It's doesn't help that most of them are butchy and hideous to look at as well.

Boxing has some low ppv numbers "haha boxing is dying, not real fighting"

UFC has some low ppv numbers
"Ppv model is outdated"

But did you actually watch 221? Besides maybe the Hunt/Blaydes the card was fantastic and delivered.

It was decent but not ppv worthy, at all. Hunt vs Blaydes should headline the prelims or kick off a ppv. Even though I really like Tyson Pedro and Tai Tuivasa, neither has any business on a ppv main card. The other fight was so irrelevant I can't even remember who it was.

Lol what I'm saying is that yes some divisions may be shallow with the men's, but that doesn't change the fact that women's MMA sucks. They're slow, plodding, unathletic, poor mechanics and just overall not very interesting aside from a couple of matchups. It's doesn't help that most of them are butchy and hideous to look at as well.
Well, it is hard to find a pretty girl who wants to get punched in the face.
If you think of it, for as long as MMA have been out Only Sexyyamma and Alan Jouban are male-models who fight... so I give you Gina, VanZant, Karate Hottie and thug Rose... not to mention Tate and a few others... women wins the beauty context (was it even a competition???)

but beyond that, again, how long have WMMA existed in mainstream? How long have men?
WHy don't you have patience for WMMA as much as you have for men's who are much older and still have shallow divisions?

and let me not get started on times where Tank Abbot was a top fighter in the UFC.....

Cyborg is ufc's cash cow!!! Wow how things change

book shit match ups and that's what you get. the problem is that WME will continue to do this while making a lot of cash without actually caring for the product.

If you think of it, for as long as MMA have been out Only Sexyyamma and Alan Jouban are male-models who fight... so I give you Gina, VanZant, Karate Hottie and thug Rose... not to mention Tate and a few others... women wins the beauty context (was it even a competition???)

but beyond that, again, how long have WMMA existed in mainstream? How long have men?
WHy don't you have patience for WMMA as much as you have for men's who are much older and still have shallow divisions?

and let me not get started on times where Tank Abbot was a top fighter in the UFC.....
Why give time to something that I have no interest in? Why watch women who are physically inferior when I can watch the men fight? I love basketball, but can't stand the WNBA. The only women's sports I'm mildly interested in are ones that don't totally obliterate their femininity, like tennis. It's just the way it is and I think most men would agree.

FWIW Elias Theodreau is a model who "fights"

book shit match ups and that's what you get. the problem is that WME will continue to do this while making a lot of cash without actually caring for the product.
This card was full of bangers. Which matchups were shit again? Not the biggest names but tons of fun fights.

Why give time to something that I have no interest in? Why watch women who are physically inferior when I can watch the men fight? I love basketball, but can't stand the WNBA. The only women's sports I'm mildly interested in are ones that don't totally obliterate their femininity, like tennis. It's just the way it is and I think most men would agree.
f55222ae79ccd5516879cc3688dea3f0

versus
886970-cool-gina-carano-wallpapers-2560x1600.jpg

Seems we are on a standoff....

Except for the fact that Anna is wearing her uniform she plays in. Can you post a pic of Gina with her cornrows are all frazzled as her face is distorted by Cyborgs fist?
I rest my case

Not trying to be some type of way but in what other sport do you watch women and men competing in the same sport on the same telecast?

what ever the number is, i don't really care because I don't get nothing out of it. If they're paying me some money, then i'll probably care about the numbers and who's on there or not.

That’s how misogyny works, nothing more than gender bias at play.
I'm far from a misogynist, and have long defended WMMA on ths site. But it is a fact that the overall skill level in WMMA is atrociously low. Outside of a few top female fighters, WMMA isn't PPV worthy.

Back