UFC 221 card

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Rockhold vs Romero, Hunt vs Blaydes, Tuviasa vs Asker, Mathews vs the leech, Pedro vs Safarov now let's compare that to some random free cards..

UFC on Fox 13: JDS vs Miocic, RDA vs Nate, Overeem vs Struve, Mitrone vs Gonzaga
UFC on Fox 17: RDA vs Cerrone, Overeem vs JDS, Nate vs Michael Johnson, Karolina vs Markos
Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale: Edgar vs Mendes, Hall vs Lobov, Tony vs Barboza, Dunham vs Lauzon, Kawajiri vs Knight, Erosa vs Wrozek
UFC FN 81: Cruz vs TJ, Alvarez vs Pettis, Browne vs Mitrione, Trinaldo vs Pearson.
UFC on Fox 14: Rockhold vs Machida, Souza vs Camozzi (originally Souza vs Romero) Holloway vs Cub, PVZ vs Herrig

Then let's take a look at another card people shat all over and said wasn't ppv worthy...
UFC 206: Holloway vs Pettis, Cerrone vs Brown, Cub vs Choi, Gastelum vs Kennedy, Meek vs Mein.
Anyways the point of this thread is they need to start having fewer PPV events and really start stacking them especially now that they jacked the price up to $65.

I don't understand
Just saying it's not ppv worthy and most the other recent ppv cards weren't either. The main event is fox card worthy, Hunt is a decently big name but Blaydes isn't in the slightest and everyone else on the card isn't even ranked and has zero name value.

I read many posts recently that UFC should have less events per month in exchange for stronger PPV, but to have less PPV...that's out of the box thinking TS. Yea let's have one PPV per 2,5 month and that's it- that will for sure keep the interest up.

very lackluster for a PPV. Aside from the Main and Co-Main the card its not really deep..
i love the romero vs rockhold fight tho,so i´m looking forward for the event but may not buy the PPV

I read many posts recently that UFC should have less events per month in exchange for stronger PPV, but to have less PPV...that's out of the box thinking TS. Yea let's have one PPV per 2,5 month and that's it- that will for sure keep the interest up.
The free cards keep the interest up, eapecially the cards on Fox. Take boxing for example, the entirety of boxing puts on less ppv events than the UFC and still does pretty well.

So... is the UFc dying or not???

Back