UFC 220 PBP/Discussion

Sure, to an extent. This forum has become like that on steroids. You'll also notice post fight that people who didn't play Rampage or played Sonnen will chime in, but they don't do it prefight because it's just a mob mentality of people repeating the same shit again and again. There is no point in bringing up the other side in that situation because people don't listen.

A lot of the old posters have stated why they don't post in here anymore, and it's always the same. It used to be discuss your potential play, make the play with your reasoning, and discuss it if someone wants to. Now it's people need to talk about that same play over 20+ posts of why their countless hours of tape study and algorithms make this the right play. If anyone expresses the other side, they feel the need to try to shut it down asap.
I think part of it is cuz the forum has gone from being a small, close community to "Kalikas is reading this forum to set the lines". LoL so alot of ppl bet first then go out of their way to justify their bets.

Chael won a fairly comfortable decision. My point is that everyone and their mother was on Rampage without looking at obvious red flags. People even said after the fight that they played Rampage because it seemed like everyone was on Rampage. It's happened on this forum often, but a lot more in the last couple years. I can't really think of a better example of showing flaws in this forum besides that fight. You have all of these people talking about his physique pre-fight like it's an asset, and then bitching and moaning about it after the fight. It's almost like a snowball. A few people like a play on Rampage, others jump on, and then more follow. At that point, the entire discussion becomes just looking for justifications for the play such as "Rampage looks great" , "Rampage is clearly motivated", "Sonnen doesn't care", etc. There were many red flags pre-fight with Rampage.

this was about as red as red could get

Back