UFC 220 PBP/Discussion

Stipe was out on his feet 3-4 times in that fight. Hes got some weird mental gear to not go out but he got completely fucked up. He looked like a zombie walking out of the arena on that last shot

also hit this little one ~50$ to win 900$ no better feeling then turning a disaster night around to profit on the last fight :D

0PqGsFx.jpg

This is further proof muscle has an inverse relationship to fitness. It saps cardio and flexibility

I used to be big into lifting for hypertrophy and aesthetics too but it just isn't worth it

Edit: hypertrophy as a goal isn't worth if, strength and performance should be the goal

Man Matt Bassett vs Barzola was so bad. Rohan is a black belt and doesn't know what de la Riva guard is.

He kept saying he was going for a leg lock but he was just using it to keep distance, look for a sweep, or stand.

Cruz

“how should he not use muscle here joe”

When Francis is trying to stand up against stipe

Congrats to Stipe backers, I went with my gut and it was WRONG. Ngannou gassed like crazy, Stipe slowed down too but proved to be the better all around fighter tonight and therefore the better man won. No excuses, the man gassed hard and Stipe's grappling was just too much for him.

Barry's UFC 220 Free Picks
1. Islam Makhachev Prop Wins Inside Distance +280 1 Unit
2. Enrique Barzola Prop Wins by Decision -110 2 Units
3. Dan Ige ML +130 1 Unit
4. Dustin Ortiz Prop Wins by Decision +210 1 Unit
5. Abdul Razak Al Hassan Prop Wins Inside Distance -135 2 Units
6. Kyle Bochniak ML +125 1 Unit
7. Rob Font Prop Wins Inside Distance +220 1 Unit
8. Francimar Barroso ML +155 1 Unit
9. Calvin Kattar vs Shane Burgos Prop Fight Doesn't Go To Decision +150 2 Units
10. Volkan Oezdemir Prop Wins Inside Distance +330 1 Unit
11. Stipe Miocic Prop Wins Inside Distance +200 2 Units

7W-4L Overall Profit: +9.65 Units

The name of the game is value. I know how to extract it and I know how to win money long term!

If you tailed my free picks, then you're laughing all the way to the bank.

- Barry

7W-4L Overall Profit: +9.65 Units

The name of the game is value. I know how to extract it and I know how to win money long term!

If you tailed my free picks, then you're laughing all the way to the bank.

- Barry
Congrats Barry! Averaging 0.9u profit an event!

So barry did you decide to get the lambo in blue or red?

Tough night for betting (unless your name's Barry). Hope everyone made it out alive.

First losing event in a while for me, only down 45 quid but still. Knew it was coming. Almost feels like a relief to get it out the way and get back on the bike next week.

One thing that's noticeable to me is you don't get so much of the wacky in-play lines for the bigger events. Stating the obvious but the books put their best guys on the job for the big ppv's.

And of course I bet Rampage just because everyone else was doing the same. Strict new rule for me.. no betting old, overweight, semi-retired fighters (barring exceptional circumstances).

Tough night for betting (unless your name's Barry). Hope everyone made it out alive.

First losing event in a while for me, only down 45 quid but still. Knew it was coming. Almost feels like a relief to get it out the way and get back on the bike next week.

One thing that's noticeable to me is you don't get so much of the wacky in-play lines for the bigger events. Stating the obvious but the books put their best guys on the job for the big ppv's.

And of course I bet Rampage just because everyone else was doing the same. Strict new rule for me.. no betting old, overweight, semi-retired fighters (barring exceptional circumstances).
Yeah. Made units on the UFC, lost most of it on Rampage. Rampage randomly throwing away that TD in the first round is no bueno.

Man, looks like I should’ve went heavier on Burgos kattar fotn

+575

Stipe just made Francis look like a fool. This was a clear reflection of what I said.
Stipe's boxing >>> Francis' boxing anyway. Hype train derailed :)

I go to bed and find out that Francis THE MOST POWERFUL PUNCHER IN THE WORLD, THE MOST TERRIFYING HEAVYWEIGHT EVER TO LIVE and Stipe who I guess also always knocks dudes out but we don't want to market him as much Miocic goes the distance? What the actual fuck?

It's such as shame that the whole Jon Jones thing happened, though. DC really is the GOAT.

This is further proof muscle has an inverse relationship to fitness. It saps cardio and flexibility

I used to be big into lifting for hypertrophy and aesthetics too but it just isn't worth it

Edit: hypertrophy as a goal isn't worth if, strength and performance should be the goal
You're half right. If you've got a shit ton of fast twitch muscles, you need to pace yourself. Woodley does it properly.

I mentioned this in the Bellator thread, but body comp is a pretty poor way to analyze how a fighter is going to look. There is no way you can say muscle has an inward relationship to fitness. There are guys out there with a good amount of muscle mass with great cardio. It's just interesting how people will act like muscles and size are a bad thing post fight, yet pre fight everyone is getting hard if their fighter looks muscular, shredded, and big.

88DC7EC7-4A13-4FBD-B3CB-4B6BC8E1D2B4.jpeg
Hedged last minute to get out of my initial parlay failure, +$350 for tonight

Has anyone that's trained at the UFC Institute have good cardio? =)

Back