UFC 220 - Miocic vs Ngannou - Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Moyle isnt that good, Moroz stuffed some takedowns of Esparza

Neither is Moroz. I'm not saying Moyle is some big play, but she is the play at dog odds imo. Should really be a pass though

when was prime tyson or prime roussey scared?

your argument could have merit if stipe was coming off his first ko loss to struve but there is nothing to suggest that miocic wont let ngannou come forward and counter him like he did with werdum

I think Stipe is dead if he does that. ngannou is not a wild man when he throws.

I really think Stipe is toast if he can't get takedowns. He's very hittable

Really surprised so many like Burgos as a fave

I think Stipe is dead if he does that. ngannou is not a wild man when he throws.

I really think Stipe is toast if he can't get takedowns. He's very hittable

he throws wide hooks, sometimes from below his hips, and stipe has a great straight right. i agree that miocic will try to get ngannou like he did with hunt

a double KO would be a hilarious result for that Main Event.

Afterwards they let Blaydes fight Cain for the interim belt, since Stipe will need more then half a year to recover from the knockout.

You heard it here first!

he throws wide hooks, sometimes from below his hips, and stipe has a great straight right. i agree that miocic will try to get ngannou like he did with hunt

But his speed makes up for it.

I see the argument that Ngannou isn't a great striker because he only has speed n power. Well, that kind of a lot when it comes to striking

He is VERY fast. He's not wild. He throws shots well depending on where he and his target are at.

IF and big IF he has a solid chin, he's a HUGE problem for every HW

Also everyone keeps talking about Stipe and his straight punches. Why does Stipe seem to get rocked first in so many fights? What happens if he gets rocked first this fight like he makes a habit of

IMO Stipe needs the TD

Why? Burgos is crisp.
I really really like Burgos as a fighter, but go watch the tape on Kattar.

His boxing looked very very good in his debut. He showed an excellent jab with pop in it, and good fundamentals when coming into the pocket.

Burgos feasted on 3 guys who had very weak hands. His favorite thing to do is inside slip the jab, and come over it with a right hand. I don’t think that will be very effective here. I think Burgos is the better fighter, but given his tendencies that I have seen I think this is a tough matchup for him.

But his speed makes up for it.

I see the argument that Ngannou isn't a great striker because he only has speed n power. Well, that kind of a lot when it comes to striking

He is VERY fast. He's not wild. He throws shots well depending on where he and his target are at.

IF and big IF he has a solid chin, he's a HUGE problem for every HW

Also everyone keeps talking about Stipe and his straight punches. Why does Stipe seem to get rocked first in so many fights? What happens if he gets rocked first this fight like he makes a habit of

IMO Stipe needs the TD

he switch hits and can throw a lead left uppercut as well as a lead left hook.

miocic has some problems if he cant gt the fight to the ground

His boxing looked very very good in his debut. He showed an excellent jab with pop in it, and good fundamentals when coming into the pocket.

Burgos feasted on 3 guys who had very weak hands. His favorite thing to do is inside slip the jab, and come over it with a right hand. I don’t think that will be very effective here. I think Burgos is the better fighter, but given his tendencies that I have seen I think this is a tough matchup for him.

Was about to post pretty much the same thing. Burgos is one of my favourite fighters, one of the best slip n rippers in the game, but I like Kattar here for mostly the reasons you pointed out. I'd add that Burgos' best punch is the left hook.

I do have a few concerns with Kattar. The majority of his punches are straight shots and Burgos is at his best when you're throwing straight at him, you'll see a lot of wide shots and overhands land on Burgos in past fights. Kattar doesn't seem as defensively sound in the pocket as I'd like while Burgos is very aware and effective there.

I understand that Kattar made a very good fight agaisnt Fili, I just think that Burgos has a different level of awareness.

Actually I like fight goes the distance more than anything.

20 on o/u's and props , 50 on ml's. tho i think it's 20 on like axs card ml's, not sure.

and 50 on live bets accordingly

it's unplayable for me, i'm fucked, hehe

That’s ridiculous

man i'm LEGIT depressed. not kidding, flat-out depressed. 5d finally limited me again. i knew it was coming, but it sucks so bad. i raise my unit by 50% for first time in a few years and before the first actual ufc of the year, it happens.

i took tibau +190, the O2.5 on tibau-makhachev -165 and -195..

took pantoja -150

took homasi +235

took ige-arce O2.5 -165

took font +135 and O1.5 -150...

ALLLL of that... is like 2.5 units risked thanks to limits.. i need to analyze my entire f'ing strategy and change, basically done with 5dimes and openers, only screwing myself out of prices when I'm actually allowed to bet them for anything significant...

How does it work? What are your limits? Are you only limited on opening lines or are you always limited? Very sorry to hear that you are limited. You must be very good though.

Stipe/Nganouu over 1.5 rounds on bet365 paying $2.30 - put the house on it.

and for the gamble im liking volkan/dc to go the distance $3.75

I just rewatched Moroz/Esparza. Moroz kept throwing lazy jab/cross combos from kicking range or even further. Perhaps she was using them as a range finder but it allowed Esparza to get a few takedowns and just looked awkward IMO. If Moroz fights a good kicker she will be in trouble. She also was throwing some lazy elbows while on her back but I thought she should have been trying to slice and cut Esparza open with them.

C87zUHkXkAAstDe.jpg:large

IMO this is an example of terrible judging. Round 1 was close, I think you can make an argument for either guy. But all three judges giving round 2 to Rosa is insane. Sure, Rosa put out a shit ton of volume but a huge percentage of it was desperation wild hooks and the like that were either missing completely or barely landing. Burgos had him backing up the entire round and was landing the cleaner, clearly more damaging strikes.

The only real success Rosa had in the fight was with his leg kicks and even they didn't seem to really have much of an affect. Had that fight gone to decision it would have been a robbery in my mind. Burgos took over after the first round.

Stipe/Nganouu over 1.5 rounds on bet365 paying $2.30 - put the house on it.
I was thinking that is a good play too. Not sure I would bet the house on it but it does deserve something. I think Stipe can get Ngannou down I just don't know if Stipe can keep him down for any length of time. Nguannou looks huge and Nguannou was able to get back up after being taken down by Blades. Edit: That price might get better after the weigh ins if Nguannou is much bigger than Stipe

Last edited:
anyone else like ortiz dog money?
Yep but I'm waiting for decision line. Wont be much better but unlikely to finish

edit ignore me i didnt realize the line is already out. I just took some at +207

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back