UFC 220 card :/

either sherdog is a bunch of casuals who watch only main cards or you all exaggerate in everything (i think it's both, to some extent), yeah the card is not a good one, but Almeida-Font is a banger and Burgos-Kattar have 2 of the best FW prospects.. saying that it has nothing but 2 title fights it's just you not watching enough MMA to know what you're talking about

I dunno, I kinda give em a pass on this one, HW and LHW belts on line, plus the most intriguing HW fight in a while

Anyone else not impressed with this card? I'm going this'll be my first ppv live but i'm honestly not that excited besides the Stipe/Ngannou fight. Feel like they really saved this card. I watch pretty much every ppv and most fight nights. I've only heard of 3 fighters outside the main and co main events. If anyone from the UFC reads this Boston deserved better after a two year wait. -Longtime UFC fan

live events are cool regardless I think. Obviously we all want the best event we can get if we are going to it, but, they're still usually fun.

With that said, outside of the title fights really and maybe 1-2 other fights, it sucks.

I’m into it. Not saying I lack interest in the fight. I’m just saying I don’t really view it as anymore special than any other UFC HW title fight just because it’s being hyped to the moon for reasons That don’t convince me..if this was Stipe vs. Cain even, people would complain that the rest of the card is a shitshow, relatively speaking. This is almost all hype and I just haven’t bought into the point where I’d pay the asking price just for that fight.

Usually something being overhyped is enough to get hyped to want to see it crash, but I’m not even that vested into being right about Ngannou. Not to say I won’t gloat if he loses.

DC and Volkan should be a squash.

And not feeling the others fights whatsoever.

So I agree with OP.

Ngannou coming off KO of the year . Who the fuck is saying hype? If they r they r dumb

Undercard might be rough for being there live. You'll need to try and study the fighters and make small wagers on the fights before hand to get your excitement building up for the big two.

For everyone else that can't be there. Bellator 192 and when that ends it should be about time for the UFC co-main event.

this is awful advice IMO. Sports betting is a slippery slope and I've watched too many I know piss away fortunes doing so.

Who cares with such an awesome main event and good co main?

Quit bitching

Calvin Kattar vs Shane Burgos
Kyle Bochniak vs Brandon Davis
Abdul wtv vs Sabah Homasi
Dan Ige vs Julio Arce
Matt Bessette vs Enrique Iglesias

<FookIsThatGuy>

if you're not pumped for Burgos vs.Kattar, then you haven't been paying attention.

Main and co-main fights are great, but the rest of the card is lame. Not worth the $ for 2 fights

either sherdog is a bunch of casuals who watch only main cards or you all exaggerate in everything (i think it's both, to some extent), yeah the card is not a good one, but Almeida-Font is a banger and Burgos-Kattar have 2 of the best FW prospects.. saying that it has nothing but 2 title fights it's just you not watching enough MMA to know what you're talking about
Casuals don't even know who Nganno or Volkan are. Almeida and Font are nothing to write home about. You sound like a UFC fangirl that slurps up every mediocre card they give you.

Overall not the best card, but I'll have a few people over and pay for it anyway, next one I'm skipping though.

Fights/events that will sell well regardless of the rest of the card. (rest of the fights could be amateurs)

Fergy Tonyson VS Khabib

Conor VS Khabib

Conor VS Fergy Tonyson

Hey they're in NY every 6 months now plus we get Bellator twice a year at Mohegan.
because they want NY to be their second home like Vegas is. They want to dominate that market since its newly legalized there.

this is awful advice IMO. Sports betting is a slippery slope and I've watched too many I know piss away fortunes doing so.

I mean I love it... But I really can't argue with what you are saying. I was into it VERY big a few years ago. When I got married I could no longer justify betting a few hundred dollars on chinese basketball games that I knew none of the players because it was the only possible rebound play at 3 a.m.

Now days I allow myself to wager up to $100 a month. Its still a lot of fun, although I miss the complete emotional roller coasters watching two teams I don't care about premarriage.

Overall not the best card, but I'll have a few people over and pay for it anyway, next one I'm skipping though.
The question is.

If you pay for it and Rory vs Lima is airing during the UFC PPV but not during the main or co-main do you or your guest feel wallet committed to watch UFC over it?

I mean I love it... But I really can't argue with what you are saying. I was into it VERY big a few years ago. When I got married I could no longer justify betting a few hundred dollars on chinese basketball games that I knew none of the players because it was the only possible rebound play at 3 a.m.

Now days I allow myself to wager up to $100 a month. Its still a lot of fun, although I miss the complete emotional roller coasters watching two teams I don't care about premarriage.

yeah I get it, I've been around a lot who do, i'm just glad I've managed to never get into it. I just know how winning a few bets can make it seem simple and then it starts sliding downhill. Some can't put the brakes on ya know. If you can afford it then whatever, even if you can't, live your life, but, its just something I never would advise anyone to get into.

Calvin Kattar vs Shane Burgos
Kyle Bochniak vs Brandon Davis
Abdul wtv vs Sabah Homasi
Dan Ige vs Julio Arce
Matt Bessette vs Enrique Iglesias

<FookIsThatGuy>
Calvin Kattar and Shane Burgos are both legit prospects.

Don't know much about the rest of those guys, but sometimes unknown fighters have the best fights.

The top 6 fights on the card are all good scraps. How do you expect new names to rise up if they never get a chance to put on good fights on a big card?

Back