UFC 220 card :/

Sean0

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anyone else not impressed with this card? I'm going this'll be my first ppv live but i'm honestly not that excited besides the Stipe/Ngannou fight. Feel like they really saved this card. I watch pretty much every ppv and most fight nights. I've only heard of 3 fighters outside the main and co main events. If anyone from the UFC reads this Boston deserved better after a two year wait. -Longtime UFC fan

I'm going live and I'm only going to dc and nganou in person

I'm hitting up a bar that's playing both this and the bellator card, so no complaints from me.

Last edited:
The undercard sucks, but like some of these big main and co-main cards, the top two bouts should be enough to get the job done. When have we ever seen LHW and HW title tilts on the same card. Additionally, the HW fight is maybe the best in UFC history, and either way, history is getting made.

Yeah, it’s a pretty big shit show. Especially if you aren’t buying the Ngannou hype and aren’t that into Stipe either.

After a 2 year wait... hahahaha you poor thing

Undercard might be rough for being there live. You'll need to try and study the fighters and make small wagers on the fights before hand to get your excitement building up for the big two.

For everyone else that can't be there. Bellator 192 and when that ends it should be about time for the UFC co-main event.

Yeah, it’s a pretty big shit show. Especially if you aren’t buying the Ngannou hype and aren’t that into Stipe either.

I'm betting on Stipe because the Francis hype machine makes me nervous to pick him.

Not sure how a fan could not be into the fight though

Calvin Kattar vs Shane Burgos
Kyle Bochniak vs Brandon Davis
Abdul wtv vs Sabah Homasi
Dan Ige vs Julio Arce
Matt Bessette vs Enrique Iglesias

BTe29Oj.gif

Not enough women on the card and not enough wrestlers on the card. Will not be entertained.

I'm betting on Stipe because the Francis hype machine makes me nervous to pick him.

Not sure how a fan could not be into the fight though

I’m into it. Not saying I lack interest in the fight. I’m just saying I don’t really view it as anymore special than any other UFC HW title fight just because it’s being hyped to the moon for reasons That don’t convince me..if this was Stipe vs. Cain even, people would complain that the rest of the card is a shitshow, relatively speaking. This is almost all hype and I just haven’t bought into the point where I’d pay the asking price just for that fight.

Usually something being overhyped is enough to get hyped to want to see it crash, but I’m not even that vested into being right about Ngannou. Not to say I won’t gloat if he loses.

DC and Volkan should be a squash.

And not feeling the others fights whatsoever.

So I agree with OP.

I’m into it. Not saying I lack interest in the fight. I’m just saying I don’t really view it as anymore special than any other UFC HW title fight just because it’s being hyped to the moon for reasons.

Many fans enjoy the unknown potential Francis brings. Its like the NFL or NBA draft people get super excited for their top picks and want to see if they can perform up to the high level they spend the months after the draft envisioning for their guy.

Francis is arguably the top pick. Stipe is looking to set a record. Don't let Dana saying stupid stuff and Rogan/Schaub circle jerking about Francis power jade you into not getting excited.

WHAT IF

khabib/ferg are on the card but the ufc didn't announce it in case one pulls out and we all find out tomorrow at the weigh ins

WHAT IF

khabib/ferg are on the card but the ufc didn't announce it in case one pulls out and we all find out tomorrow at the weigh ins

You add that fight and they could have justified that $5 increase and then some ha

There's 3 notable fights outside the title fights. Font vs Almeida is guaranteed fireworks. Kattar vs Burgos features 2 guys who will probably end up top 10 fw and Tibau vs Islam features a top prospect vs a long time stalwart.

Calvin Kattar vs Shane Burgos
Kyle Bochniak vs Brandon Davis
Abdul wtv vs Sabah Homasi
Dan Ige vs Julio Arce
Matt Bessette vs Enrique Iglesias

<FookIsThatGuy>

Same thing I thought. I watched almost every UFC PPV since 2002 and I don't know any of these fuckers.

Nice main and co main, but who do fook are these guys is exactly what I was thinking.

Font vs Almeida will be a banger. Burgos has been fun every time out. Vilante is a scrapper. Trust me been anywhere from great shows to terrible ones. Never once regretted going to a UFC live its a blast. You get to see the best Heavyweight title fight in years.

Back