UFC 215 PBP/Discussion | Page 39

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Sep 9, 2017.

1. lifeisgood12345 White Belt

lifeisgood12345
    I didn't say I "knew" it. I said my stat model had Moras as better and wanted to understand what information the model may have missed.

I never implied that my model is the ultimate arbiter of UFC truth, as it is new and has plenty of flaws. You just took it that way, which is unfair to me when most of my pre-fight posts were logical + helpful arguments for winning underdogs.

Don't get me wrong-- the model rates Moras as bad. It merely rates AES as an ultrabad joke of embarrassing proportions, which frankly doesn't seem wrong.

2. burge13 Orange Belt

burge13
    I'm surprised people are arguing about the main. It was a very close, inactive, boring fight. Judges probably fell asleep and just kept the belt on the champ.

The sooner WMMA is dissolved into Invicta the better. One thing remains constant - dog or pass in the catfights. Blindly betting the dog each fight must return a profit over the last year?

3. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    the 5th round of the first lawler/hendricks fight was essentially the same and provided the same result

4. waiguoren Brown Belt

waiguoren
    It's not really surprising if you consider that people were making big, confident bets on it.

5. burge13 Orange Belt

burge13
    yeah i worded it wrong. I'm surprised people are surprised...It could have gone either way; i personally thought Shev won but i bet her so maybe bias. I sure as hell am not watching it again to check!!

#CutWMMA

6. Oblivian Aging

Oblivian
    I just read that Tucker has four broken bones in the face: two separate breaks in the jaw (one from the first round knockdown) and two broken orbitals. I remember someone asking if it was a worse beatdown than Weidman/Rockhold. I would say yes. That was a prolonged beating for 10+ minutes.

7. Joseph Budden GTM Gym, Tan, Make #Elite Bets

Joseph Budden
    This is the least surprising news of the day. That fight was fucking gross.

8. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

LEMONZEST
    been a while since I have seen the tide change so dramatically. Tucker looked great in r1.

brutal to go from being undefeated to just getting smashed.

9. Oblivian Aging

Oblivian
    With the knockdown, I thought he lost the first. I don't think he looked bad, but he's just got a lot of flash to his style. Defensively he leaves a lot to be desired.

LEMONZEST likes this.
  10. waiguoren Brown Belt

waiguoren
    I feel Weidman Rockhold might have led to more lasting brain trauma. Much stronger man landing cleaner head shots with less movement from the opponent.

11. chemmy Blue Belt

chemmy
    I understand the idea of the ref giving a fighter the benefit of he doubt, but the punishment that Tucker was taking was clearly excessive. I know it's unbelievably rare in MMA, but his corner probably should've bailed him out at some point too since the ref was cool with watching a near death. That fight was a great opportunity to be an important learning experience for Tucker, instead it'll probably take years off of his career.

12. Slohog Green Belt

Slohog
    I was only on the over so I'm not biased from bets. I really like Shev as a fighter and I don't really have an opinion about Nunes but I felt that Shev probably won the fight but that judges would likely score it for Nunes. Think I even wrote that I would've taken +100 on Nunes before the decision came out (that said it was 7am in the morning and I'd just picked up my gf and her mom from the airport a couple of hours before so I probably wasn't as sharp as I could be).

13. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    the dude at the press conference said the commission pulled that ref from the rest of the card, i think they know he fucked up bigtime

14. chemmy Blue Belt

chemmy
    You'd think just 3 months after the fight that lead to Tim Hague's death in the same city that they would be emphasizing fighter safety even more than usual.

15. Joseph Budden GTM Gym, Tan, Make #Elite Bets

Joseph Budden
    My buddy and I were getting just as pissed at the corner as the ref. What in the fuck kind of dickhead coaches do you have to be to not throw in the towel.

Tucker literally spent about 3-4 mins in round 3 just rolling around. He ate about 300 strikes while doing so. What a fucking prick the ref is to think that's considering "still fighting"

Really was a disgusting fight. Def haven't felt that disgusted since Weidman vs Rockhold I think

t6p and chemmy like this.
  16. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
  17. Barkus Brown Belt

Barkus
    Throwing in the towel is not allowed in the unified rules. It was all on the ref.

18. vkram Brown Belt

vkram
    Even if its not allowed it gives a massive signal to the referee that the fight should be stopped.

EzFlyer likes this.