UFC 215 & 216 Early PPV Numbers ...

Some of the worst numbers Ive ever seen for UFC PPV's. MM really cant draw anyone, its surprising.
he was co-main. but definitely didn't help. he had a great showing, great armbar, but no one saw

4+ billion for a broken revenue model....LMFAO.

WME or whatever they call themselves now have to realize that change is needed. First order of business should be to shitcan Dana...

lmfao so where are the idiots who said "NUNEZ THE PPV QUEEN DOES 1 MILL EVERY TIME SHE HEADLINES" you fucking dumb goof balls
Can't believe people actually brought into this... It's obvious she was never the main draw on either of the cards that drew 1m+ even if she was in the main event fight...

They need to switch away from the PPV model I think. After all, you can watch all the fights online the next day for free. People don't want to spend 70 bucks on watching fights unless its a true marquee matchup. There are too many options for consumers to choose from with their media for PPV to be successful.
this wasn't the reason at all that they didn't sell shit. they didn't sell shit because no one want to see WMMA and no one knows lee and ferguson. I think the interim factor also played a part, but who knows

They need to switch away from the PPV model I think. After all, you can watch all the fights online the next day for free. People don't want to spend 70 bucks on watching fights unless its a true marquee matchup. There are too many options for consumers to choose from with their media for PPV to be successful.

The PPV model still works, but what they need is fewer PPVs & then those shows are stacked. All five fights on the card need to be full of recognisable fighters in meaningful fights.Use Fox cards & prelim shows to build fighters up but stop putting TUF rejects & unknowns on a PPV card.

Thought the numbers wouldn't be great but not that low. We all knew DJ wasn't a draw but they tried here by pushing the record breaking defence etc but still no-one cared. Tony & Lee whilst a decent fight were fighting for a pretend belt.

As others have said just strengthens the likelihood of Conor/ Nate 3. More interested to see whether these low numbers force DJ to accept he needs to go up in weight to get respect & money.

On the bright side, hopefully this puts an end to WME's theory that interim belt = PPV buys

I think the interim factor also played a part, but who knows
Why? I'm curious, as to why you think this may have played a factory...

Do you think casual fans thought "jee, hmm... It's an interim title fight, I should skip it. Maybe if it was Ferguson vs. Lee for the real title, then I'd buy it...?"

Obviously that's not the case... Conor vs. Nate wasn't a title fight and people still brought it... It's not a matter of it being a title fight or not, it's a matter of fighters casuals dig.

Hardcore fans and a certain amount of fighters are the only ones who care about titles...

I feel white's dumb comments about jason aldean may have or will cost him some buys in the future. The comment section on yahoo over it was filled with criticism and promises to boycott the ufc.

people thinking that the PPV model is outdated. I mean, it's definitely not for everyone, put PPV still draws solid numbers when they put stars headlining it. but WMMA and unknown fighters won't sell (I hoped lee would be able to sell more than that, but it turns out no one cared about him)
for me this is saying that no one gives a fuck about WMMA and also that no one gives a fuck about either lee or ferguson. the problem wasn't PPV, but the fighters behind them

I feel white's dumb comments about jason aldean may have or will cost him some buys in the future. The comment section on yahoo over it was filled with criticism and promises to boycott the ufc.
I don't think it will...

People say a lot of things at the moment and minutes later forget them.

Book Conor vs. Nate III for Saturday night and people would still go out of their way to purchase it even if they said they'd boycott the UFC...

Nunes went from back to back 1M+ buys

To less than one tenth that buy rate.

Conor still needs to fight Tony but

don't expect the UFC to push for it​

Well i stream virtually every PPV
K9Y98.gif

Oh No!!!! I guess MMA will cease being a sport.

I think the UFC just needs to accept that they have over-saturated their product and need to move away from the PPV model for the most part and only go PPV for Major fights.

Also, I never understood buying a PPV when you can either stream it or watch all the fights for free the next morning.

people thinking that the PPV model is outdated. I mean, it's definitely not for everyone, put PPV still draws solid numbers when they put stars headlining it. but WMMA and unknown fighters won't sell (I hoped lee would be able to sell more than that, but it turns out no one cared about him)
for me this is saying that no one gives a fuck about WMMA and also that no one gives a fuck about either lee or ferguson. the problem wasn't PPV, but the fighters behind them
This.

The PPV model isn't outdated.

If it was, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, Mayweather vs. McGregor, McGregor vs. Diaz I, McGregor vs. Diaz II, McGregor vs. Alvarez, nor Alvarez vs. Golovkin would've done over millions of buys each individually.

Back