UFC 215 & 216 Early PPV Numbers ...

Because they're inherently interesting and because they often determine future fights.

If Ferguson/Lee can only get 150K, then a Conor/Diaz trilogy looks more likely.
That makes no sense, conor is the draw not nate, nate vs Ferguson would do poor number also, conor vs anyone does high numbers

I'm not sure what you mean, but I thought Lee and Ferguson generated pretty good hype. I'm kind of shocked they only pulled in 150K.
You are forgetting what happened in Vegas in fight week.

And what im trying to say is casuals are the one who bring the PPV numbers.Not Hardcore fans.Ferguson and Lee are not that popular around casuals.

I wonder how much patience WME will have with Dana if numbers continue to fall

Nunes went from back to back 1M+ buys

To less than one tenth that buy rate.

Conor still needs to fight Tony but

don't expect the UFC to push for it​

How much do you imagine Nate vs. Lee would sell?

UFC are pushing for Nate to accept less than 20 million for that McGregor vs Diaz 3 fight

Why do fans care about PPV numbers is beyond me.
Uh because without them fighters aside from Conor Mcgregor wont get paid shit.

This is why Dana White and USAD are working so hard to find a loop hole for Jon Jones cheating ass...again.

The UFC made its bed with shit cards trying to go the pro boxing rout, MMA fans should be more vocal in pressing the UFC. Despite 100 times the talent pool there are only maybe 10 pro boxers who make any money the rest get paid pennies. The UFC is trying to adopt this business model for years and its begining to bite them in the ass. The Pride model worked best for the fighters considering no causal fans watched it and still 20% of their talent pool made 6 figures. Adjust today for the massive boom in MMA/UFC popularity and 20% of the UFC should be making 7 figures a fight but they aren't.

People are no longer just gonna buy cards because of name brand, the UFC has to start promoting fighters more or just stacking the hell out of cards. There are no stars in the ufc currently and casuals simply don't care about the majority of fighters anymore.
I don't think the problem is lack of promotion of certain fighters, the roster is simply too big. Most people know about 50 fighters...the roster is around 500 fighters, it's absurd.
Stop making watered down cards and the ppv numbers will rise.

Why do fans care about PPV numbers is beyond me.

Because if the PPV's don't sell then the business doesn't thrive. People talk about "why is everything about conor" "why does conor get to not defend his belt" "why does conor get to fight floyd"

THIS IS WHY. PPV numbers are shit without a few select fighters. Even DC/Jones 2 apparently didn't make 1M buys... now thats sad. Guys like McGregor are doing 1.5+M PPV buys which equals $$$$.

Expected better from 216 so I think this is fake news : )

Conor is the only one keeping it afloat, which is why I don't understand why people want him to fail so badly. If you're a fan of UFC, why would you want it to fail.

There is an easy solution here and it has nothing to do with Conor.

Fewer events, more stacked cards, put bigger fights on free fox cards from time to time.

Remember when we got Cain fucking Velasquez vs JDS for the HW title on fucking FOX?! Wth happened to that? The middle tier draws need exposure to larger free audiences. Stop making being a fan of the sport so expensive. How is the casual fan going to get attracted to the sport when you're expected to shell out 60$ a month to watch important fights?

Not a single star on either card

I'm Nate Diaz levels of surprised

You're right for the short term but they need to look beyond conor and do some heavy promotion for other fighters. Push might mouse as a crazy motherucker get him talking some shit.. promote bisping etc.
Conor ain't going to be there much longer and he's made that fairly clear

They completely mismanaged all there potential stars.

Look at MM, he refuses a shit deal from the UFC, (say what you will, the TJ fight was a shit deal).

And the UFC gets upset and derails whatever hype MM has going, that they actually start calling his competition weak, saying MM finally has a good opponent and he refuses to fight him. That there going to scrap that division because it sucks.

Then you have there idea to market MM, and they do this by making a TUF FLW season, except they don't even put MM on it ffs.

They discredit Borg as an unworthy title Challenger, after giving him the title shot ffs.

Whether you agree or disagree with the things that they've said is beyond the point, this is to show how horrible the UFC is at marketing there fighters

Then you have Bisping killing an entire divisions marketability by refusing to defend against any contender (UFC never even asked him to defend against a contender)

Since then the MW division has collapsed.

You had 3 or 4 guys in the title picture.

Since then you have Yoel just lost, and his impressive win streak gone. You have Jacare being KO'd. You have Rockhold with 1 win against a guy whose maybe top 10??

And Whitaker whose injured.

They have literally killed off all marketable match ups, where besides Whitaker, all MW's in title contention either have a 1 fight win streak or none.

Then you have LHW, where for some reason they once again base their division around Jon Jones, who fucks up again, he's gone for 4 years, and with him destroys any legitemacy of the LHW champ. While the next title contender is a guy who just came into the UFC this year.

They won't pay Stipe in HW, and everybody's forgotten about that division.

And Tyrone has killed any interest in seeing him fight.

Last edited:
It's OK guys, Bellator cards on Indian land are better anyways since they are not drug tested. I would rather see fights where the top guys are on EPO anyways, goodbye UFC.

So has the UFC been losing $$$??? I can't imagine they are making much after expenses.

WME taking out loans and getting investments offsets any loss by UFC. This is actually brilliant business by WME. If only Sherdog could understand business like I do lol

They need to lessen the events with the new tv deal. Have more events on tv, and only the real big ones as ppv.

I'm asking as there was a ton of excuses made up on here when the low gate numbers were released...
gate numbers is to be expected, since people probably didn't feel safe to go to an event in vegas, put PPV numbers.....

I never believe nothing that comes out of that guy mouth

Back