UFC 215 & 216 Early PPV Numbers ...

Alright, who/what do we blame for the poor PPV buys for UFC 216 now?

Conor, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey, GSP, Anderson Silva..... Everybody else is a giant nobody in terms of fame and PPV draws.

There's actually only one winner here.

Conor McGregor.

This means Conor has the UFC by the Balls!!! He literally is going to control his next 3 fights by his terms. He's more famous then the company itself now...WTF!?!?!?

It's clear that casuals see a MM fight scheduled

And immediately lose interest in the entire card

MM had awful PPV numbers with Conor on his undercard FFS

Basically nobody even knows who Tony Ferguson is and that he won a belt.

Why do fans care about PPV numbers is beyond me.

It's clear that casuals see a MM fight scheduled

And immediately lose interest in the entire card

MM had awful PPV numbers with Conor on his undercard FFS
Basically nobody even knows who Tony Ferguson is and that he won a belt.
I'm asking as there was a ton of excuses made up on here when the low gate numbers were released...

Oh boy...

215 doesn't surprise me.

Expected slightly better for 216.

Yep. 215 is not surprising at all, but 216 seemed like it had a lot of hype. I would've guessed it would garner at least 250,000.

Guess this strengthens Nate/Conor 3.

They better beg Conor to come back, otherwise it's gonna be a LONG painfull ending.

You're right for the short term but they need to look beyond conor and do some heavy promotion for other fighters. Push might mouse as a crazy motherucker get him talking some shit.. promote bisping etc.
Conor ain't going to be there much longer and he's made that fairly clear

Some of the worst numbers Ive ever seen for UFC PPV's. MM really cant draw anyone, its surprising.

Those are only early estimates. Not that I expect an outstanding buy rate, but I expect it to be higher than this.

Why do fans care about PPV numbers is beyond me.

Because they're inherently interesting and because they often determine future fights.

If Ferguson/Lee can only get 150K, then a Conor/Diaz trilogy looks more likely.

So has the UFC been losing $$$??? I can't imagine they are making much after expenses.

No surprised, the UFC has sucked so bad this year

Last edited:
Because they're inherently interesting and because they often determine future fights.

If Ferguson/Lee can only get 150K, then a Conor/Diaz trilogy looks more likely.

No way Conor fights Tony if this is all he can pull in. Conor could take a shit on live TV and do better #'s.

They need to switch away from the PPV model I think. After all, you can watch all the fights online the next day for free. People don't want to spend 70 bucks on watching fights unless its a true marquee matchup. There are too many options for consumers to choose from with their media for PPV to be successful.

Back