UFC 215 & 216 Early PPV Numbers ...

I agree with rb3b3. Outside of Mcgregor, who can draw big numbers? Jon Jones is out. RR is retired/semi. The only potential fight on the outlook that might make big numbers is GSP's card with that one eye Brit. It all makes sense now on why they are giving Conor Mcgregor so much leeway in his career and why GSP vs Bisping is happening. The UFC ain't dying but they are stepping into dangerous territory here with the lack of starpower. Maybe they are going for broke with the TV deal.

Look at the current champions right now:

Stipe Miocic. Fought once this year; contract disputes. 300k-450k draw? Gonna" fight Cain sooner or later. Cain gets injured and the division goes on standby again. Yay!

Daniel Cormier. Close to retirement. Probably damaged goods after his last fight. Outside of his two big fights with Jon Jones his drawing power is around 300k+/ ppvs.

Michael Bisping: His fight with Henderson and Rockhold did around 290-300k buys. Even if he beats GSP and does huge numbers if he does fight again after his fight with GSP, I doubt his drawing power will go up much. The guy plans to retire soon and he's gonna duck till the end.

Tyron Woodley: Boring and safe fighting his way to victory; If you call that fighting.. lol? His fight with Wonderboy did like 300k. I can't see the UFC wanting to keep him around for long. I bet they are hoping GSP or Conor fights him in the future or he loses the belt.. to anyone. Mike perry?

Max Holloway: Exciting fighter, low ppv drawer. Can't see big draw power in the future sadly.

Necktat: Exciting fighter. I can see him potentially drawing bigger ppvs if he holds the belt and continues to win. It sucks he's been out for so long due to back injury.

Cris Cyborg: Exciting. Fake belt. Fake Division. Why is it even around? Good card padding for Brazilian cards.

Amanda Nunes: Exciting fighter. Foreign Lesbo. Did UFC 215 do low numbers? Probably.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk: Great technical fighter. Unfortunately she doesn't finish fights oh too often and that probably hurts her significantly. Has she ever headlined a PPV number? I don't think so. She most likely has the same or less drawing power than Mighty Mouse (lol).

Oh yeah I'm sure you know more about their numbers and business strategy lol.
You probably missed the imo at the end of my sentence. The numbers don't lie, PPV are rapidly declining, a PPV with 2 title fights doesn't even do 100k buys... PPV is also only in USA, they could reach a bigger global audience if they threw PPV out and worked with a subscription system.

Feel free to give me arguments why they should keep PPV.

They need to bring back steroids. We want muscle headed freaks at HW.. just like in pride. That will bring in ratings and buys.

I guess all that talk about Kevin Lee being the next superstar was a bit premature.

And if these numbers are accurate, the UFC will be more desperate than ever to make McGregor-Diaz III.

People forgot about May/Mac and GGG/Canelo. Nunes vs Shevchenko and Ferguson vs Lee were not able to compete with this. UFC last 3 cards this eyar will do good. UFC 217 looking insane from top to bottom. Ok main event is kinda silly, but still interesting.

Plus how many draws you got in other combat sports? How many ppvs did Floyd before Conor? Okey i respect his record,but he fought some random guy and did like 300 k ppvs.

Conor's negotiating position:

chart.jpg

It's going to cost the UFC a small fortune to get that dude back in the octagon, and it's going to be 100% on his terms.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Lee's going to be doubly depressed when he learns all his antics didn't do shit after all.

Nunes went from back to back 1M+ buys

To less than one tenth that buy rate.

Conor still needs to fight Tony but

don't expect the UFC to push for it​

Oh boy...

215 doesn't surprise me.

Expected slightly better for 216.

Ouch. Makes sense though

Ufc is dying again

Mystic ul already predicted this

Damn those #'s are terrible!!!!!

Getting worse and worse.
They can't rely on the UFC brand anymore. They need to promote fighters

They better beg Conor to come back, otherwise it's gonna be a LONG painfull ending.

Back