UFC 215 & 216 Early PPV Numbers ...

So much for dj getting any ppv point money.

Dj can't move the needle at all, zilch, nada, nothing.

Not surprising, at all. 2 relatively unknown fighters, and a guy that never really sells that well, unless on a big card.

Who gives a crap? Tony's the type where by himself, he's not gonna get a bunch of hype, and views, but with a big name like Conor, he'll get huge numbers.

He's like GGG. G did pretty similar numbers for his PPV against Jacobs, and I believe Lemieux, but against a big name like Canelo, the biggest numbers you can possibly get with Canelo, other then Pacquaio or Floyd.

Getting too consuming to follow it on TV as well. FS1 no wait a game's on go to FS2 no wait the race is on go to FXX or FXHD whatever.

Conor, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey, GSP, Anderson Silva..... Everybody else is a giant nobody in terms of fame and PPV draws.
Who is at fault? UFC for only promoting 1-2 fighters or the rest of the fighters for not being exciting or marketable?

Last edited:
In the earlier years they seemed to more heavily rely on the anticipation of the fight and the fighters themselves (not just 1-2 cash cows) to generate success. With mass sponsorship, tv deals, merchandise, etc they choose to neglect some of what made them great before because they'll still make money.
I could be off but what I do know is I rarely get excited about their matchmaking, get salty about meaningless rankings, cry about gifted title shots and interim belts, and generally force myself to still watch hoping it'll improve.
Also - bring back the roids please.

Honestly the proof is there to see. No matter how much they try to bullshit and say mighty mouse is the GOAT, it will never be true. His division does not sell and it never will. Strip the title and send him up to 135.

What does the division selling have to do with whether he's a great figher or not? Rhetorical question, because the answer is "nothing at all."

4 billion lol.

Conor has all the power in negotiations.

mm is a negative draw, the ppv would have easily cleared 200k if they weren't weighted down by the manlets
Conor would have easily broken 1mil sales with MM on the card. Matter a fact he had good ratings with MM on a card before.

At the end of the day this says more about tony and lee than it does MM because we all already knew he couldn’t draw for his life.

If the UFC were smart they'd desperately want to book Ferguson vs Conor. McGregor's time is almost done, but when Tony destroys him in front of millions he'll become an instant star. Even afterwards Ferguson won't do McGregor numbers on his own, obviously, but for sure he'll become at least a moderate draw.

You just know they are going to do Conor vs Diaz.

When DW says fergusen is next and there have been no talks at all about Diaz, you just know that means they are knee deep in negotiations with Diaz and making that fight happen.

Getting too consuming to follow it on TV as well. FS1 no wait a game's on go to FS2 no wait the race is on go to FXX or FXHD whatever.

Great points

While having more fight cards is great, it makes it less of an event.

Ufc has fucked up royally. They put too much stock in their stars. They let them do whatever they want even when it made zero sense.

Now the stars are gone the casuals aren't watching. But at the same time a lot of hardcore fans got tired of bullshit title shots and lousy match making.

honestly even surprised it's that high if it is indeed 120k.

acting as if he was the main event. If anything it shows both Ferguson and Lee are not very big draws at all.
I wouldn't expect them to be draws yet because they haven't been champions or in title fights before or even all that heavily promoted in a deep division before this. And honestly I doubt either one of them will ever be a big star even if they do defend their belt multiple times. The best a MM headlined card ever did was 178 which had Cowboy and Conor fighting before him and was really stacked. And even that only did 205k.

Ufc has fucked up royally. They put too much stock in their stars. They let them do whatever they want even when it made zero sense.

Now the stars are gone the casuals aren't watching. But at the same time a lot of hardcore fans got tired of bullshit title shots and lousy match making.
This I even cancelled my fight pass after like 3 years. Wont buy another PPV until they get back to a sport.

Anyway wonder what Conor will ask for to come back. He's within his rights to ask for over half revenue of any card he's on. So like 20-30 million.

This I even cancelled my fight pass after like 3 years. Wont buy another PPV until they get back to a sport.

Anyway wonder what Conor will ask for to come back. He's within his rights to ask for over half revenue of any card he's on. So like 20-30 million.

He won't get half of a PPV event, no chance
But i can see $20m for a Diaz trilogy

Back