UFC 215 & 216 Early PPV Numbers ...

I don't understand, if PPV and gate figures make you the GOAT then why are so many Shertards not willing to admit McGregor is the GOAT. You can't have it both ways. Either MM would s GOAT based on dominating performances and title reign, or McGregor is based on PPV and gate figures.

Conor is the GOAT.

I used to be an avid fan, but no doubt my interests have waned. I don’t know who half these fkrs fighting are.

Who the hell is whittaker? Why is there so many interim belts?

Lets be honest with ourselves...

USADA is the problem

Seems to me that there is a portion of the US audience (around 80-100k) that just buys the PPV based on the brand's name: UFC.

You could put whoever in there and it would break 100k.
the number is actually close to 200k. when it does below that it's because someone dragged the number down. if you see on the link below, it's usually 200k+, unless it's a really old event or the classic MM PPV. aldo also had a few close to 200k

https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

Too many lackluster events too often. Too many good fighters migrating to bellator further diluting the roster. Cheaters and bad weight cuts ruin the rest of the cards. Bring back the meritocracy...

Is the brand stalled or on a decline ?

It's literally dead. Doesn't even exist anymore.

In all seriousness, I think this is just a momentary lull that they're experiencing. They were in a similar spot before Ronda and Conor showed up. It's going to take a little time to build some new starts. The talent/start potential is already there. Mighty Mosue, Francis Ngannou, Kevin Lee, Volkan, Justin Gaetjhe, etc.

This is why McGregor is fighting Diaz.

The UFC needs to big marquee matchups. In fact, I said in an earlier post that Tony Ferguson could be waiting a *long* time. If Diaz beats McGregor in the 3rd fight, which he very well could, they will have an immediate rematch for a 4th fight. McGregor is competitive like that.

Tony can't defend the interim title with an active champion. He could be waiting 12-18 months before he can unify the belt. All he can do is sit on the sidelines and throw around childish insults, because sadly he has no bargaining power.

I like Tony -- he's a great fighter and he's entertaining. Sadly the UFC needs to make money more than they need McGregor to fight Ferguson.
any Mcgregor fight Is a sell and will easily do over a million buys, probably a lot more since the Mayweather fight.

People are overstating how much of a money fight Conor Diaz 3 would be at this point.

The difference would likely be negligible.

any Mcgregor fight Is a sell and will easily do over a million buys, probably a lot more since the Mayweather fight.

People are overstating how much of a money fight Conor Diaz 3 would be at this point.

The difference would likely be negligible.

I agree & disagree lol

Any Conor fight will break 1m
But Diaz & Conor is an o/u of 1.5m
The two just draw interest together & outside of Conor/GSP, the biggest fight UFC has

Only half of the matchmaking was affected by Silva's departure. Sean Shelby was already doing FW and lighter for both men and women's divisions when Silva was still there. I know, I know "WMMA and manlets don't count derp derp" My point is I don't think match making is the primary reason for the decline. It's hard to make high profile matches when you don't have very many stars in the eyes of casuals.
UFC still had PPVs that did 100-150k when Joe Silva was around

and Silva would have had the same fighters to work with, it is not like the budget to pay fighters extra would had rose just because silva was there and some of the fighters in the UFC roaster we wanna see fight each others are not the ones to being bullied or coerced to accepting fights because of whoever is the matchmaker or president of the UFC.

USADA, the Reeboook deal and the unavoidable exposure of some of UFC's worst hype-trains/ "air castles" are the main reason for the decline. And we can't fairly compare every ppv year to some golden year like:2016 was.

If Conor vs MayW was accounted for as an UFC event, even though not being mma, by them getting more credit and earnings for the event and more rights to promote it, the total sum of PPV for the UFC would be very very diffferent. Now only boxing gets it even though a mma star for the most part probably contributed to the millions of sold ppv's

Last edited:
early next year we will see the numbers for the year end events and talk about how great UFC is doing

I agree & disagree lol

Any Conor fight will break 1m
But Diaz & Conor is an o/u of 1.5m
The two just draw interest together & outside of Conor/GSP, the biggest fight UFC has
well It's debatable how much of a difference It would be..obviously I'm not the one crunching the actual numbers.

I feel like It wouldn't be that big of a difference, especially now post Floyd..but who knows.

They didn't want to go because of the possibility of shooting again.Are you dumb or something?

It's a PPV, you dumbie. We're NOT talking about the gate ! Nobody is in any physical danger for buying a PPV.

I would not be too worried about the ufc, ppv is not the only revenue stream, besides gate and ppv there is tv rights / deals, merchandise etc. Someone wrote here on sherdog that ppv is not even the biggest source of their revenues.

But I do hope they get some good tv deal in future and kind of become like NBA. the NBA salaries went through the roof after some tv deal, to the point where I actually disagree that sports guys should have 400 million dollar deals, BUT most UFC guys are fighting literally for 10+10, so they really do need some strong boost. If anything I believe mma athletes should be paid more for getting hit in the head.

I don't know if MM complained about not being main event but they did him a favor and saved him the indignity of being responsible for these dismal number alone. #notmygoatlmao

well It's debatable how much of a difference It would be..obviously I'm not the one crunching the actual numbers.

I feel like It wouldn't be that big of a difference, especially now post Floyd..but who knows.

I do. I think it can be a 300-500k difference

Back