UFC 214 PBP/Discussion

I wasnt even trying to be controversial. Maybe i am just old school. At a young age it was made clear you dont cry and have a fit when you lose. If you do people are gonna call you out and laugh at you. DC still a great fighter, commentator, father etc. Last night he acted like a bitch. No need to sugar coat it.

Ps. I aint even mad. Great card for me +700 and i was on JJ

i dont remember anyone making a big deal when couture cried in the locker room after getting kod by liddell in their third fight.

thats the type of guy i want to bet on who you know is going to lay it on the line for you and not pack it in

I missed most of this thread, but a few thoughts on the event...

Brian Ortega is a problem for almost anyone in that division with his pressure, cardio, chin and ability to finish fights. His striking seems to be improving every fight and his ground game is ridiculously good. Interested to see how he'll fare against the top 5.

Barao is done as a top guy. That said, I was impressed with Sterling. I thought that was his best performance in a long time. His striking looked much better. I think he's a contender at 135. I was on Barao but hats off to Sterling. I wasn't expecting him to look that good.

Even though Knight got finished early I still think he's got a ton of potential. A lot of us thought Lamas was too much and too soon for him and that turned out to be the case. But man, what a chin on that guy. Being able to stay on his feet absorbing all those shots was insane. I hope he comes back strong.

I still don't know what to make of Volkan. I don't think he's going to be able to catch anyone by surprise after his last 2 fights. I think he could have a lot of trouble against a good wrestler but that remains to be seen. Not taking anything away from him, finishing Jimi and Misha back to back in round 1 is crazy impressive. I just want to see what happens against someone with good cardio if he gets taken into deep waters.

Jon Jones is back and possibly better than ever. Scary.

So much bank on Ortega r3 and sub. Srsly wtf is up with this kid so sick.

Last night was pretty rough for me. I swear it's the big cards that I always do bad on, and the small cards no one cares about I do great.

Moreno/Pettis better not let me down.

Question marks remain around oezdemir but i wont fade him going forward. Can call misha lucky but when someone keeps winning its not luck imo

Question marks remain around oezdemir but i wont fade him going forward. Can call misha lucky but when someone keeps winning its not luck imo
He's definitely got something. But I'm still willing to fade him depending on the opponent and where the line is set. Few pages back someone said they'd like to see him against Cannonier or Cutelaba next. Unlikely given they're both currently unranked but there's 2 very tough match-ups for him imo and he'd likely open as a favourite against them given his recent exploits. Probably gets a top 3 guy next though.

He's definitely got something. But I'm still willing to fade him depending on the opponent and where the line is set. Few pages back someone said they'd like to see him against Cannonier or Cutelaba next. Unlikely given they're both currently unranked but there's 2 very tough match-ups for him imo and he'd likely open as a favourite against them given his recent exploits. Probably gets a top 3 guy next though.
Crazy to think this nobody could be a contender in 1 fight.

Crazy to think this nobody could be a contender in 1 fight.
Actually you were pretty much the only one in the forum favouring him this weekend. Saw you had him in your 10-leg hail mary. Hope you bet him straight as well.

dude was fucked up every step of the way

Yeah gotta back pedal a bit. He does look way out of it the whole time.

#icouldbewronghere

Actually you were pretty much the only one in the forum favouring him this weekend. Saw you had him in your 10-leg hail mary. Hope you bet him straight as well.

Yeah i bet him to win in r1. That was his prediction.

It's funny because guys hating on him and questioning his character like that show only that their own character is far worse than what they think his is. Never mind that he just got KTFO'd and didn't know what was going on.
Also that they never had anything worth fighting for, probably have no drive or passion...

$

This just looks like the face of a sore loser to me.

Up around $1000 tonight thanks Jon and woodley

They were the perfect 2 team parlay. I shoulda bet the farm, darn it.

-20,05u
third biggest loss ever (after Rockhold/Bisping II and UFC 200).
Looks like those big cards are not made for me.

I went 4/12 on predictions, I was just totally off

Doing no parlays was a huge failure, back to parlays now lol

dude was fucked up every step of the way

Dc gets a bigger pass here imo dude was clearly out of it the whole time..yes he was crying bc he lost but the head trauma (concussion probably) could also have caused him to cry like that. Kinda reminds me of linebacker luke keuchly last year when he got his concussion he was kind of crying uncontrollably as well. Which drs later said concussions can do that. I think people should lay off him here and give him a pass

-20,05u
third biggest loss ever (after Rockhold/Bisping II and UFC 200).
Looks like those big cards are not made for me.

I went 4/12 on predictions, I was just totally off

Doing no parlays was a huge failure, back to parlays now lol
8.3 units down the drain for me as well. Looks like a lot of us got wrecked on this card. Maybe we should all just tail EZ's bets, guarantee 100+ units every year lol.

Ended up 3u up for this card. Lamas cancelled out my bad bets on Barao + Manuwa. Then I roped some back with Jones + Woodley.

99u profit for the year, praying I break the barrier next week.

Back