What is going on

Is this real lyfe

I've been gone for 2 months

Is this the MMA betting forum?

There is no flaming and #elite talk

What is going on

Is this real lyfe

I thought you were dead haha
KIng Browne, MMA Gambling Expert, Kornrow Kenny, they are all banned.

5ajbeWB.gif

I think I like Barao here as the dog too. Can Sterling get him to the ground? It seems unlikely with Barao's 97% takedown defense. Barao should also have a significant advantage on the feet IMO. Sterling's striking game has a long way to go and he seems to fall in love with it at times.

Also, the fight is at 140lbs, which should also benefit Barao as he's had issues with the weight cut in the past. I'd like to hear arguments for Sterling from those who favor him here.

Its easy to view Barao as a has been dethroned champ. However, the kid is still only 30...

I thought you were dead haha
KIng Browne, MMA Gambling Expert, Kornrow Kenny, they are all banned.

That captaincrunch fool is still there though

I love Maia, think his style is amazing to watch, a technical genius BUT I think he has to win in round 1 here or he loses.

Woodley has only been taken down twice in his last 15 fights. Whilst I appreciate Maia has fantastic chain wrestling and trips I just can't imagine him having the same success getting them here as he has against other guys. Woodley has a strong base, stocky and very thick; it's going to be very hard for Maia to secure those takedowns and if he does manage to he is going to use a lot of energy getting it to the mat and more to keep it there.

Maia is also very heavy on his lead leg, Woodley has some extremely heavy leg kicks, we've seen what he done to Condit and we've also seen Maia have his lead leg chopped out from under him. Maia offers little to nothing on the feet, just some flailing strikes to set up his shots so even with Woodley's tendency to be inactive at times he should still have a very clear advantage on the feet.

I think Maia has to sub him in round 1 or Woodley batters the lead leg, Maia gasses and Woodley puts him away in the 3rd or 4th.
Good analysis. I agree with you and that's why I'm betting 500 on woodley.
IMG_3689.JPG

Thinking to hit hard on Wood/Maia not going to distance @1.83, someone is going to gas in this fight and no matter who does it, it is going to end before the final whistle.

Is that a typo on the odds? It's -350 on 5d (1.28).

Yeah at the odds you posted I'd probably put half my BR on it LOL, but nobody is offering those as legit odds. Are they?

Its easy to view Barao as a has been dethroned champ. However, the kid is still only 30...

old in fight years though with 44 pro fights. barao has been fading late in fights, i'm hoping for some juicy live bet odds on sterling.

I love Maia, think his style is amazing to watch, a technical genius BUT I think he has to win in round 1 here or he loses.

Woodley has only been taken down twice in his last 15 fights. Whilst I appreciate Maia has fantastic chain wrestling and trips I just can't imagine him having the same success getting them here as he has against other guys. Woodley has a strong base, stocky and very thick; it's going to be very hard for Maia to secure those takedowns and if he does manage to he is going to use a lot of energy getting it to the mat and more to keep it there.

Maia is also very heavy on his lead leg, Woodley has some extremely heavy leg kicks, we've seen what he done to Condit and we've also seen Maia have his lead leg chopped out from under him. Maia offers little to nothing on the feet, just some flailing strikes to set up his shots so even with Woodley's tendency to be inactive at times he should still have a very clear advantage on the feet.

I think Maia has to sub him in round 1 or Woodley batters the lead leg, Maia gasses and Woodley puts him away in the 3rd or 4th.

Pretty spot on analysis. Masvidal had a lot of success with leg kicks against Maia but he throws more volume than Woodley but Woodley kicks are definitely heavier. You definitely can't be a stationary target with someone with the power of Woodley and that will probably happen after a few heavy kicks from Woodley.

If Maia does get the fight to the ground, Woodley is probably getting submitted. I'm sure a lot of people were surprised how good Masvidal's jits defense was and how he avoided getting choked out. I don't see Woodley not getting choked out if his back is taken or if Maia gets any hooks in. I do think Woodley wins though.

Maia also does have the ability (I sort of broke it down in an earlier post) to use his single to slide around and take the back without ever getting the fight to the mat. He's gone backpack on multiple guys that way as they turn their hips to fight off his single leg. Maybe Woodley's pure strength and base thwart everything Maia does, but I really don't think he has the technical ability to stop Maia from latching onto him like a leech IF Maia is able to get in relatively deep when he shoots his single.

Maia is the Mariano Rivera of MMA. He does exactly one thing. Over and over. Everyone knows EXACTLY what is coming. And very few have been able to stop it. Maybe Woodley is one of the few. But laying -200 juice on that? Not me, no way.

She beat kagan, but yea. She's had a longer lease than most would. Being gorgeous helps.

Yeah she's pretty sexy, esp for wmma. I don't blame them for wanting a pretty face around with all these caveman looking chicks on the roster.

Maia also does have the ability (I sort of broke it down in an earlier post) to use his single to slide around and take the back without ever getting the fight to the mat. He's gone backpack on multiple guys that way as they turn their hips to fight off his single leg. Maybe Woodley's pure strength and base thwart everything Maia does, but I really don't think he has the technical ability to stop Maia from latching onto him like a leech IF Maia is able to get in relatively deep when he shoots his single.

Maia is the Mariano Rivera of MMA. He does exactly one thing. Over and over. Everyone knows EXACTLY what is coming. And very few have been able to stop it. Maybe Woodley is one of the few. But laying -200 juice on that? Not me, no way.

I think Woodley by (T)KO as a main play hedged with Maia SUB Round 1 @8.50 is pretty good.

Can't see Maia getting a sub after round 1 and if he doesn't I definitely don't see him lasting 4 more rounds, he's an open target once he gasses.

Alright added Manuwa to win a unit at -170 and a unit on Barao as the dog. That line should tighten imo, who knows, but this is a dog or pass situation for me and you know I ain't passing bros. Also if the line does end up flipping back to opener type prices then I can just freeroll it with less juice later in the week. If not and Barao keeps climbing, then I think you kind of have to put a bit more on him. I love Aljo but this should be a pk, either guy at dog money, I gotta bet em..Feels like I should be staying away but I've talked myself into the Barao play. Hopefully he pulls it out.

Also, I feel like Maia might be getting a bit underrated here but don't have the balls too make a play on him yet. Gonna keep an eye on that line and if iMaia climbs to much more, then I'll bite.

*knocks on wood*

I'm glad they at least have Jimi Manuwa on this card so in the unfortunate event of DC or Jones pulling out, Jimi could fill in and the title fight will still be on. It would be better than not having the title fight at all. They should do things like this more often just in case

cough Nunes/Shevchenko cough

Can someone explain why Ortega is the dog against Moicano? Looks like a good opportunity.

embarrassed to ask this, but I keep it simple and have never actually figured out what it means to "freeroll" what's this mean?
Exploiting an arbitrage opportunity.

Basically, taking advantage of major line movement to make marginal (but guaranteed) profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back