UFC 213 pbp/discussion

Not hard to believe that a cold / the flu/ whatever it is could really mess with the confidence of a fighter with major cardio problems...

Just so weird that she looked OK yesterday then this. Seems like a bad weight cut. And that would be on her

Not hard to believe that a cold / the flu/ whatever it is could really mess with the confidence of a fighter with major cardio problems...
good point but I've never seen anything from Nunes to suggest that she just decided to quit and not fight at the last minute. If it was another fighter I've thought less of in regards to heart, then I would agree with you. Either way sucks we didn't get to see it again, would've been fun.

Bochnovic seems like one of these guys were he could get pasted hard all first round, start of the second and pull out something crazy, excited to see.

Ah there is a nice calming feeling with losing the first fight. Happens every time. It feels right.

Here we go!

Bummer with the Nunes.. Romero vs. Whittaker was the real main event for me anyways but still sucks we get one less fight and one of the few high level WMMA match ups possible. Oh well, we're still spoiled with the fights this weekend!

as soon as giles started wrestling, this fight changed (like 1 min into rd 1) - big strength/wrestling advantage

good performance by giles. now get to 185, fella.

(bochnovic did not look ufc caliber, sad to say)

Rare to put someone completely out cold from shots from side/back mount, heavy power.

So the degen tail bet of bochnovic sub turned out to be pretty stupid

bit of a late stoppage imo. Giles nasty with the gnp which I always love to see. Faking the right hand then dropping that left elbow, then putting dude out cold with those shots. Dayuuum that was brutifal stuff.

Surprised the price on Romero is still good.

Back