UFC 212 pbp/discussion

People really counting Frankie out?

Aldo landed some nice body shots, Frankie can for sure do that then come back upstairs with the right. He's also the one of best wrestlers in the division and cardio won't be a problem. Age & miles aren't in his favour but you can't count Frankie out. I lean Max slightly but not to the degree I'm reading about that fight. The way people are talking Frankie is going to be +275 or more...

You can also bet on Max' next opponent at Crownbet in Australia. Frankie is -500 - i guess it's the only fight to make really

Yeah definitely

After last night it's hard to not favor Max, but I'm with @burge13. I don't think it's clear cut for him by any means. Outside of Lamas (who I think Frankie is better than everywhere) all of Max's recent opponents have been strikers. Max's TDD has looked much better, but Frankie is a different animal. He's one of the few guys who can match Max's cardio and pace and he has no problem getting hit.

I realize Max is a completely different fighter now, but Conor was able to take him down and keep him there. Frankie is so strong on top, I have to wonder what would happen if he managed to get Max on his back. Max is hitable as well and Frankie does pack some power.

Odds would dictate the play obviously but I think Frankie would be a moderate, maybe even a heavy underdog if this fight gets made. Personally, I'd be hesitant to play Max if he's too juiced.

All this said if Max beats Frankie, and I'd give him a very good shot to do it, I don't see anyone else in the division right now having anything for him.

Will be v interested on the Frankie odds. Cardio was Aldo's undoing last night, obviously due to Holloways insane pressure. Frankie has cardio for dayz

But if Mcgregor can take down Max 3 years ago, I don't think his wrestling has come along enough to stop Frankies. I would def take Frankie at decent dog, say +150

Last edited:
I can see Frankie going up to +200 to be fair. Max looked good versus Aldo and bookies will juuuuuuuuice him . :)

Back