UFC 212 - Aldo vs Holloway - Rio de Janeiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already locked in guadelha by dec -140 and Aldo by decision +176

Just feel the need to remind everyone Aldo is the GOAT, don't overthink it too much, I love Holloway but head rules heart on this one.

Aldo is a lot better than Edgar....
I'm basically implying that Aldo, Frankie and Max are all elite for their division (top 5) while Yair is not. I think Aldo vs Max will be a lot closer than Frankie vs Yair.

Anyway, I'm on board with the over 4.5 at -150. Did to win 0.5u.

Surprised to see so many people on Max. I think this is gonna be a Joanna/Andrade situation where people see value in Max and will bet him, but when it comes fight night we will realise the skill difference. Max definitely has a chance however I think Aldo will outclass him in a competitive match. I ended up backing Andrade after seeing so many people on her even though I felt Joanna would win, I won't be making that mistake again.

Swanson, Stephens, Lamas, and Pettis are all WORLDS ahead of the likes of Angela Hill in their respective division. Max is so much more proven than Andrade. I really don't think a comparison exists besides the fact that it's a veteran champion vs a younger challenger.

Andrade was bet by me and i'm sure others cause of possible stylistic favoritism. No one with a good mind for MMA would deny shes just a female Linker with a better wrestling game. Zero technique. Max is a horrible person to compare to some short, stocky female brawler lol

That recency bias, you guys. Like antagonist said, this isn't comparable to Andrade or Yair no matter who you favor

In my personal opinion, i feel aldo will win and take next to no damage at all. Whether it goes five or max gets tkod who knows.

Jose aldo is not "old" or "fading" so please dont reply with any of that. Only 30 years old, He is one of the best of all time.

Only recent loss was getting sniped by conor. There is tremendous value in jose @-140ish which is what hes at right now on my book.

Jose gets the victory with ease. Max has youth on his side but is not faster/stronger/more skilled. Jose is better everywhere. Perhaps max could have better conditioning if it goes into the later rounds. My gut is never wrong boys im going into this card like a beast who broke the chain.

Also feel really good about yancy medeiros vs erick silva, i like yancy in this fight. Dunno what the odds are on that fight but if hes anything better than -130ish i will attack with full force

Don't think Max and Yair comparisons are even close.

Max is 100% proven to be at the very top of the division while Yair hasn't proven anything. Max has beaten Pettis, Lamas, Cub, Stephens, Cole Miller, and Do Bronx.

Yair beat Penn whose 38 and hasn't won a fight in like 8 years.

Aldo may win but this is nowhere close to the same as last weeks fight.

Putting a chunk on a Aldo dec +176 + Claudia dec -140 parlay

Good shit son, we're gonna make good money I have a solid feeling. I'm planning on putting 3u Aldo, then depending on props, I like Aldo DEC quite a bit, I don't see him finishing Max unless he can get a TKO/Injury from leg kicks if Max doesn't check them.

Max has a great chin. Decision prop is sitting at +176 right now.

Hit the ud +295 and Claudia -140 dec parlay as well

I would only compare the ml odds to the Edgar vs yair fight

Holloway is far superior to yair. And he's not going to get decimated with 10-8 rounds and stopped on his stool. That isn't going to happen.

I think claudias line is going to get better. I see people jumping on kk at +250.

Personally I think Claudia is Near the top p4p females in the world.

Schevchenko bought to take the belt from nunes. Waiting for those odds as well

Just to add my two cents to the Yair/Edgar vs Aldo/Max comparisons. Like some others have said, I don't think it's a fair comparison to make. Edgar had such a massive advantage in one area of the game that he made it look easy against Yair.

I can see why people believe that Aldo could be better everywhere, but I don't see the gap as being anywhere near that wide in any one area. I do favor Aldo, but I think the fight is going to be very competitive. I'll be quite surprised if Aldo dominates the way Frankie did.

I think claudias line is going to get better. I see people jumping on kk at +250.

Personally I think Claudia is Near the top p4p females in the world.

Agreed. KK won't have any answers for Claudia's style in a 3 rounder. If Claudia can take 2 rounds off JJ I don't see how she loses (inb4 flying knee KO).

love Holloway and think he's the best featherweight....except Aldo. Beating frankie in his first fight since the Connor fight proved he's as determined as ever and 1.8 seems excellent.

Holloway could raise his game and beat Aldo as he's improving with every fight and beat a lot of top guys but i do think this is one of them fights that doesn't play out as a close fight and Aldo wins 4/5 rounds.

Would be more than happy to be proved wrong as I like Holloway a lot and think he'll be at the top end of the division for a long time

Agreed. KK won't have any answers for Claudia's style in a 3 rounder. If Claudia can take 2 rounds off JJ I don't see how she loses (inb4 flying knee KO).

I put 1unit on kk when I first saw the odds, after watching some of Claudia's fights I'm all over Claudia haha

Andrade was bet by me and i'm sure others cause of possible stylistic favoritism. No one with a good mind for MMA would deny shes just a female Linker with a better wrestling game. Zero technique. Max is a horrible person to compare to some short, stocky female brawler lol

That recency bias, you guys. Like antagonist said, this isn't comparable to Andrade or Yair no matter who you favor

Lineker does have technique though and cuts off the cage pretty well. If you watch the Font fight he always wins the lead leg battle.
Tj won the lead leg battle throughout by angling out and mixing in takedowns.

I'd argue Andrade is very technical too, not so much on the feet though. Her transitions on the ground against Calderwood were awesome.

Sounds like they are comparing the hype not necessarily the styles but I get what you mean. I don't agree with that either as Max is a proven world beater. I like Max as a dog here.

Surprised to see so many people on Max. I think this is gonna be a Joanna/Andrade situation where people see value in Max and will bet him, but when it comes fight night we will realise the skill difference. Max definitely has a chance however I think Aldo will outclass him in a competitive match. I ended up backing Andrade after seeing so many people on her even though I felt Joanna would win, I won't be making that mistake again.

I was on JJ and didn't like Andrade at all. I don't really compare the two situations.

I need to watch more tape but I really like Max. He is slick and has improved his game a lot. I may be putting too much on watching Max his last two and watching Aldo's last two but I don't see Aldo as untouchable as I used to.

Aldo is a great one but not the GOAT.

He got his head taken clean off by Conor.
Tbf everyone else lost multiple times except Conor who only fought 3/4 decent featherweights so aldo probably is goat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back