UFC 212 - Aldo vs Holloway - Rio de Janeiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in Max. Gonna be small of Max by KO.

I was on Max by Ko vs pettis and got a little push back and I know Aldo is 10x better than Pettis.

not the first time we've seen a high level wmma striker sub a high lvl wmma grappler, shev > pena comes to mind ^^

Pena is a blue belt, though.

Last edited:
Surprised to see so many people on Max. I think this is gonna be a Joanna/Andrade situation where people see value in Max and will bet him, but when it comes fight night we will realise the skill difference. Max definitely has a chance however I think Aldo will outclass him in a competitive match. I ended up backing Andrade after seeing so many people on her even though I felt Joanna would win, I won't be making that mistake again.

not the first time we've seen a high level wmma striker sub a high lvl wmma grappler, shev > pena comes to mind ^^

Claudia is a black belt and Shev does have a few more subs on her record than KK. Not saying it's impossible, but I'd be shocked if it happened.

Surprised to see so many people on Max. I think this is gonna be a Joanna/Andrade situation where people see value in Max and will bet him, but when it comes fight night we will realise the skill difference. Max definitely has a chance however I think Aldo will outclass him in a competitive match. I ended up backing Andrade after seeing so many people on her even though I felt Joanna would win, I won't be making that mistake again.

Yeah, my gut says Aldo and I'm going to stick with the proven champion striker with god tier TDD this time. Max has a nice win streak going but none of those guys he beat can hold a candle to what Aldo brings to the table. It's going to be a different level. If I knew for a fact Aldo was going to use his leg kicks as a primary strategy I'd go heavy.

I absolutely LOVE Aldo at the current odds. He's better than Holloway everywhere imo, don't understand why the lines are so close? Probably the Holloway hype I would imagine.
Max is a great fighter, but how is he going to beat aldo? Aldo is just so good everywhere.

Only thing that concerns me is his lack of ring time lately and the retirement talk period.

People might fade him cause of the Conor fight. Maybe question his chin. But that punch was so flukey. Aldo never exposes himself like that and as we know Conor is huge for that weight class and has far more power than anyone in that division

I'm already in deep on aldo at -140. After the last event I think bettors will come to their senses. I don't see aldo getting a whole lot lower. Maybe -120 but it wouldn't last long.

Last edited:
Thoughts/leans on Borrachinha vs Bamgbose? This is going to be a fast twitch fighting dream.

Leaning Borrachinha based on the fact that Bamgbose seemed to fade pretty fast once he couldn't finish Ferreira with his initial explosive flurries.

Also on Claudia. She has ridiculous take downs and I don't see kk being able to keep the fight standing long

Max is a great fighter, but how is he going to beat aldo? Aldo is just so good everywhere.

Only thing that concerns me is his lack of ring time lately and the retirement talk period.

People might fade him cause of the Conor fight. Maybe question his chin. But that punch was so flukey. Aldo never exposes himself like that and as we know Conor is huge for that weight class and has far more power than anyone in that division

I'm already in deep on aldo at -140. After the last event I think bettors will come to their senses. I don't see aldo getting a whole lot lower. Maybe -120 but it wouldn't last long.

I agree with all your points, I feel like people are forgetting how good Aldo actually is because of the Conor loss. Aldo is better than Max at every aspect of MMA imo and we're getting great value on him. It's an Edgar/Yair situation again, people fading the older, and more proven vet. I currently have a double with Claudia and Aldo at +140, and I'm extremely confident.

Thoughts/leans on Borrachinha vs Bamgbose? This is going to be a fast twitch fighting dream.

Leaning Borrachinha based on the fact that Bamgbose seemed to fade pretty fast once he couldn't finish Ferreira with his initial explosive flurries.

I think bamgbose may actually have better cardio than borrachina. It was a few years back but he has a TUF fight on FP where he gasses harder than anyone I've ever seen. I do lean Borrachina, but will probably only play the under if it's better than -150

I agree with all your points, I feel like people are forgetting how good Aldo actually is because of the Conor loss. Aldo is better than Max at every aspect of MMA imo and we're getting great value on him. It's an Edgar/Yair situation again, people fading the older, and more proven vet. I currently have a double with Claudia and Aldo at +140, and I'm extremely confident.

I put 7 units on aldo and 3.5 to win 3 aldo/Claudia parlay.

Great value on aldo. People in love with these dogs too much.

Very confident as well and totally agree

Aldo got right back in there after that knockout, against Frankie, and went back to doing exactly what he always did

I put 7 units on aldo and 3.5 to win 3 aldo/Claudia parlay.

Great value on aldo. People in love with these dogs too much.

Very confident as well and totally agree

Good shit son, we're gonna make good money I have a solid feeling. I'm planning on putting 3u Aldo, then depending on props, I like Aldo DEC quite a bit, I don't see him finishing Max unless he can get a TKO/Injury from leg kicks if Max doesn't check them.

Good shit son, we're gonna make good money I have a solid feeling. I'm planning on putting 3u Aldo, then depending on props, I like Aldo DEC quite a bit, I don't see him finishing Max unless he can get a TKO/Injury from leg kicks if Max doesn't check them.

Exact same thoughts, currently have 3u Aldo -130, 1u Aldo Dec +176, .5u Aldo unan dec +295. Gonna be 5u by fight time, just waiting to see if I can get -120

Exact same thoughts, currently have 3u Aldo -130, 1u Aldo Dec +176, .5u Aldo unan dec +295. Gonna be 5u by fight time, just waiting to see if I can get -120

Aldo dec is +176? Thats....pretty good.

Just because I have been seeing the Edgar>Yair ~= Aldo>Max comparisons. Max is a lot better than Yair. With that said, I do slightly favor Aldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back