UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas | Page 55

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shancock9 Yellow Belt

Shancock9
    lawmills making people sweat haha

2. MMA Gambling Expert #1

MMA Gambling Expert
    You'll be back this event my friend, don't doubt yourself, winning is the only option, thats the mentality you have to have. Either recapture what made you a success or reinvent yourself, that is my advice.

King_Brown likes this.
  3. Mcgregorian Green Belt

Mcgregorian
    Has anybody watched tape on Dmitry Poberzhets? Any info?

4. Kowboy Karl Brown Belt

Kowboy Karl
    One thing that really stands out to me in Maia masvidal is that Jorge imo will be tiny compared to maia. That's really gonna suck for Jorge if he gets taken down. He's been on a tear lately but he's historically had poor fight iq and is known to take rounds off. By comparison Maia is known for a horrible gas tank when he grapples for a round but can't get a finish. I think the smart money is on Maia given its three rounds. These odds skew too much towards fighters coming off ko wins lately. I really don't think there's been a fighter on Jorge career who's had any sort of real ground game outside of Chiesa and chiesa was able to get masvidal down in the first minute with a single against the fence, Maia bread and butter. It's most likely a pass and just enjoy the fight no bet for me though but gun to my head it's Maia. IMG_8114.JPG IMG_8113.JPG IMG_8112.PNG

5. MMA Gambling Expert #1

MMA Gambling Expert
    He's not fighting, they got a replacement for Sherman, some bum.

Mcgregorian likes this.
  6. FightOdds.io White Belt

FightOdds.io
    I was initially under the same assumption re: JDS, probably cuz he looked so bad vs. Overeem. But stylistically I thought that was such a difficult fight for him. Overeem is so long and fought very long by threatening with kicks. IMO the Overeem TKO didn't actually knockout JDS out cold. He was moving backward and got caught with a hook that dropped him. I thought JDS recovered well but I do understand the stoppage. I also vaguely remember Rothwell landing some big shots on JDS and his chin holding up. I'm still under the impression that JDS hasn't regressed, but we'll see after this fight!

Yea I've been capping fights for a long time. I run a couple websites fightodds.io and fightfeeds.io (shameless plug, sorry guys) so I follow the sport pretty heavily. I know pretty much everyone uses BestFightOdds, BUT if there is something you wish BestFightOdds had, I'm open to building it. DM me, don't want to get off topic.

7. FightOdds.io White Belt

FightOdds.io
    Thanks, I may have to open another betting account for a line lol. The last time I did that someone on this thread pointed out Maia Sub +900 at bovada for the Maia/Condit fight. Don't remember who it was but thanks!

8. MMA Gambling Expert #1

MMA Gambling Expert
    The other videos on this channel are also hilarious

9. rille31 Brown Belt

rille31
    I like it, maybe add some more bookies like betsafe and bethard and make the font a bit smaller so it all fits on the page

10. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Sham5916910
    Antigulov Joachim thoughts? I just watched Antigulov's last six. Joachim next but i am fairly familiar with him had him big against Bojan.

11. ElChapoInHisPrime Green Belt

ElChapoInHisPrime
    WAKE UP. SERGIO PETTIS HAS ARRIVED.

I really don't know what is causing this. I really don't know where this narrative started or why people are letting this slide. But there's this narrative that Sergio Pettis is simply a lesser version of his brother.

Wrong.

There is this assumption that Sergio Pettis is going to lose easily to Henry Cejudo.

Wrong.

Sergio Pettis is a special fighter. At 23 years of age, his potential is downright scary and his fight to fight improvments are evidence of this. He is FAR more fundementally sound than his brother ever was. His striking is among the very best at 125 pounds. He will have a galaxy-level gap in the striking department vs Henry Cejudo. His movement and technique is unbelievably crisp continues to improve by leaps and bounds with each fight.

Is it because he was knocked out by Ryan Benoit in 2015? A fight he was absolutely outclassing him and got caught by a hail mary hook? Well, I guess we've decided to just ignore the fact that he has learned to be far more elusive and defensively responsible on the feet. Even then, he looked to be a major problem to anyone at 125. He was 21. He is far better now.

His jiu jitsu is also tremendous and he is lethal off his back. His takedown defense is indeed a question but it is rare to see a flyweight fight won by lay and pray and I'm sure takedown defense has been a huge emphasis for Pettis in this camp. I'm certain we will see Sergio Pettis's best takedown defense on display next saturday.

I will absolutely not be shocked if Sergio lights up Cejudo on the feet and stops him. Again, he has a MASSIVE advantage on the feet. Massive.

Sergio Pettis will defeat Henry Cejudo and will make it look very easy.

Film study recommendations:

vs Ryan Benoit (2015) Again, lost via a hail mary hook but he absolutely outclassed Benoit here. Watch this to see how elite his technique is, and be mindful of the fact that he learned from a major mistake.

vs Chris Cariaso (2015) At 22 years of age, outclassed a former title challenger. As good as he looked in the Benoit fight, he looked like a totally different fighter here. Drops Cariaso in the first with a beautiful, McGregor-esque counter left. Amazing performance.

vs John Moraga (2017) his most recent performance. Again, outclassed a long time veteran. Aside from eating one too many shots early on, lit him up on the feet throughout and controlled him basically anywhere the fight went.

All aboard the Sergio Pettis bandwagon. Future UFC flyweight champion.

12. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Sham5916910
    R1 with Moraga was even until last 20 secs. Two judges gave Moraga r2 and r3 if Moraga didn't go for a heelhook he could have been laid on and lost the round. This was against a washed up Moraga. He beat a retiring Cariaso and lost r3. He brain farts every fight i've never seen such poor fight IQ. He has also had the easiest eight opponents in his UFC run that anyone could ask for.

Orion and jrleclerc88 like this.
  13. MMA Gambling Expert #1

MMA Gambling Expert
    100% agree with this, Sergio is a money maker, Cejudo is being overrated, Sergio will give him an L

#Respect #EliteBettor

14. MMA Gambling Expert #1

MMA Gambling Expert
    All I know is that Antigulov will open as the favourite, I think Joachim is underrated.

15. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Sham5916910
    Yep im hoping for the impressive debut / dagestan hype train at the books.

MMA Gambling Expert likes this.
  16. iGnP Red Belt

iGnP
    So much hyperbole in one post

17. ElChapoInHisPrime Green Belt

ElChapoInHisPrime
    I'll account bet both of you.

18. iGnP Red Belt

iGnP
    I don't want your green belt account. Give me even money and we can talk a real wager

19. MMA Gambling Expert #1

MMA Gambling Expert
    I actaully think its the best post ITT, edgy play, solid breakdown, good points. No doubt Sergio is being underrated.

20. iGnP Red Belt

iGnP
    Right but the hyperbole isn't necessary. I'd assume he's putting his entire BR on Pettis w how that post sounds. I highly doubt that's the case too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.