UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what anyone says, Jeremy has HUGE power at FW. The type of power where he doesn't even need to land flush to wobble guys.

That said, I'll readily admit Frankie at times trusts his chin a bit too much maybe. He'd gotten away from that after the two horrible first rounds with Maynard where he almost got finished but seems like recently he's more willing to stay in the pocket and throw down (did it vs Mendes and landed first obviously, then did it again a bit vs Stephens).

So yeah, there's realistic concern with that vs a young dynamic striker like Yair. No question.

True, I just expected Edgar to have such a distinct speed advantage that he would make Jeremy look like he was stuck in mud on the feet and that would open up his take downs. Although he got the decision, that fight was much closer than I anticipated, which makes me think Edgar could very well be on the decline. Yair is an amazing athlete and is only going to get better. Not making a large bet at all, but happy with 1u at +180.

i wanna say people's overconfidence is going to bite them in the ass again. but i have to remind myself:

wpid-6072c3f98f422cbfe116f89220478223.jpg

Really like this card. It's two months away right?

Taking maia at close to evens, to bad I didn't ad more to mas when he was +170, massive freeroll

And I bought Maia at 1.5 thinking his line would go worse XD.

Great card.

I like Yair, Jorge and JDS here.

Some easy picks too like Joanna, Alvares and Cejudo.

Last edited:
Masvidal got outgrappled and finished by Chisea of all people
Yeah and last time he faced a grappler was Benson and he lost that one. Since then they fed him only old past their prime strikers. Pearson, Cerrone, Ellenberger. Thought he beat Larkin but Larkin is a striker also. Maia is a terrible matchup for him.

Yeah and last time he faced a grappler was Benson and he lost that one. Since then they fed him only old past their prime strikers. Pearson, Cerrone, Ellenberger. Thought he beat Larkin but Larkin is a striker also. Maia is a terrible matchup for him.
Highly disagree, Maia is a great match up for him. The UFC hate Maia and they want him to take an L

Masvidal is the worst match up for Maia at 170. Masvidal is in his prime right now, looks great at 170, uncrowned champ IMO. People love to doubt Masvidal, but look how that turned out last time.

Maia's current win streak is made up of guys that were good stylistic match ups for him.

So many reasons to love Masvidal in this match up, IDK why anyone would like Maia honestly, he's a DNB.

Last edited:

Umm guys, I'm on Maia here too but you're remembering that fight wrong. Masvidal got dropped with a punch in the first round, but recovered and he ended up dominating the grappling in the second. He finished Chiesa with a d'arce just as the round was about to end.

Chiesa is a super underrated grappler and strong as hell for his weight class but yeah, not even close to Maia level.

Guys as tp6 said mas subd chisea

Actually pretty impressive honestly. Chiesa's grappling is no joke (ask Dariush). That said, it really doesn't change the fact he can't play the grappling game with Maia. Completely different level of grappling.

JJ is usually always a lock for me but her chin might be going the way of Robbie Lawler..ie: gets rocked in the previous 2 fights (dropped by a jab and dazed with an elbow against Claudia, KK stunning her in the 4th round) and finished in the 3rd. Andrade might be her Woodley.

Andrade has that obvious weakness of throwing ugly haymakers from the hip, but they're hard and she'll land at some point. I don't know if JJ's chin is good enough to allow herself the time to heat up in her typical jab/volume fashion over 5 rounds.

Definitely won't bet the house on either side of this fight but I'll keep an eye on Andrade TKO for a few bucks...

Maia at 1.80?! Thats 3U.

JJ is usually always a lock for me but her chin might be going the way of Robbie Lawler..ie: gets rocked in the previous 2 fights (dropped by a jab and dazed with an elbow against Claudia, KK stunning her in the 4th round) and finished in the 3rd. Andrade might be her Woodley.

Andrade has that obvious weakness of throwing ugly haymakers from the hip, but they're hard and she'll land at some point. I don't know if JJ's chin is good enough to allow herself the time to heat up in her typical jab/volume fashion over 5 rounds.

Definitely won't bet the house on either side of this fight but I'll keep an eye on Andrade TKO for a few bucks...
this is an easy o2.5 bet as far as I'm concerned. I like JJ to win but I'm taking the over instead of the ML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back