UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched some tape on jj and Andrade.

To say that jj is Chiny would not be accurate. Karolina hit her with a hard clean overhand right that she hid behind a jab. Jj was hurt but recovered quickly. Didn't go down. Continued to fight.

Andrade is a powerhouse who relies on her brute strength to give her the advantage. I dont think she knows what a jab is. She looks for counter punches and attacks when a fighter is against the cage.

Andrade is dangerous but there's no way she's going to outpoint jj. Jj will chew her up from the outside with leg kicks and combinations.

Jj clinch game is outstanding. She handled karolina on the inside And often initiated the clinch when her back was against the cage and when karolina got inside on her. I look for her to do the same against Andrade.

Jj has a significant reach advantage and will use her leg kicks to keep Andrade in range.

Andrade is a very sloppy looping puncher but I could see her catching jj and putting it on her. She is very aggressive and looks for the kill.

Would only bet andrade nsc or itd. Still on Johanna champ, but this is a dangerous fight for her

Just watched some tape on jj and Andrade.

To say that jj is Chiny would not be accurate. Karolina hit her with a hard clean overhand right that she hid behind a jab. Jj was hurt but recovered quickly. Didn't go down. Continued to fight.

Andrade is a powerhouse who relies on her brute strength to give her the advantage. I dont think she knows what a jab is. She looks for counter punches and attacks when a fighter is against the cage.

Andrade is dangerous but there's no way she's going to outpoint jj. Jj will chew her up from the outside with leg kicks and combinations.

Jj clinch game is outstanding. She handled karolina on the inside And often initiated the clinch when her back was against the cage and when karolina got inside on her. I look for her to do the same against Andrade.

Jj has a significant reach advantage and will use her leg kicks to keep Andrade in range.

Andrade is a very sloppy looping puncher but I could see her catching jj and putting it on her. She is very aggressive and looks for the kill.

Would only bet andrade nsc or itd. Still on Johanna champ, but this is a dangerous fight for her

Yeah I agree the JJ is chinny comments are overhyped on these forums, my assessment from re-watching both fighters most recent fights is very similar

kenny and mcgregorian don't fight pls I like you both

I'm gonna stab Andrade via TKO/KO, for $1. That's how much confidence I have in that theory.

Actually no, I'll freebet.

Last edited:
Well you could drop more than just a pick if you want to spark discussion. Why do you believe Alvarez wins? How do you think he wins? If KO, what holes do you see in Poiriers defense that make the KO available? Which strike do you think Alvarez will throw to take advantage and get the KO? If sub, which one? If decision, why?

Answer one, all or none, the choice is yours.

IMO Poiriers chin is now suspect. I don't rate Michael Johnson that much and he disposed of him fairly easily. Alvarez took a beating in his last fight. But it's by a fighter on another level than 99% of others. I just see Alvarez really coming back strong and hungry. A similar win like he did to RDS to win the belt. Round 1 KO

Maybe but I doubt it, no way I lay the juice.

JJ, KK, and Andrade are the only girls I favour to beat Claudia.

I rode the KK bandwagon to her title shot but I'm confused at how you see her beating Claudia exactly. Claudia is a nightmare style matchup on paper in a 3 rounder

IMO Poiriers chin is now suspect. I don't rate Michael Johnson that much and he disposed of him fairly easily. Alvarez took a beating in his last fight. But it's by a fighter on another level than 99% of others. I just see Alvarez really coming back strong and hungry. A similar win like he did to RDS to win the belt. Round 1 KO
I think your analysis is biased. How can you not rate MJ? Sure, he's not a great well rounded fighter, he has holes in his ground game, but he's definitely talented while the fight is standing. No shame in getting KOed by him

What makes you think Alvarez comes back strong and hungry? We've seen plenty of former champions lose their next fight after losing the title (Ronda, Weidman, RDA). That logic is flawed unless you can point to a specific reason as to WHY he's motivated for this fight/to regain the title

And you also failed to mention that his previous three wins prior to RDA were split decision wins., he's not winning his fights very convincingly You wanna call DP's chin suspect but Eddie has been in a lot of wars and it seems like he gets hurts in every single fight he's in. FWIW, there's also a report that RDA collapsed during the weight cut prior to the Alvarez fight. Take what you will from that.

I think your analysis is biased. How can you not rate MJ? Sure, he's not a great well rounded fighter, he has holes in his ground game, but he's definitely talented while the fight is standing. No shame in getting KOed by him

What makes you think Alvarez comes back strong and hungry? We've seen plenty of former champions lose their next fight after losing the title (Ronda, Weidman, RDA). That logic is flawed unless you can point to a specific reason as to WHY he's motivated for this fight/to regain the title

And you also failed to mention that his previous three wins prior to RDA were split decision wins., he's not winning his fights very convincingly You wanna call DP's chin suspect but Eddie has been in a lot of wars and it seems like he gets hurts in every single fight he's in. FWIW, there's also a report that RDA collapsed during the weight cut prior to the Alvarez fight. Take what you will from that.

You make valid points.

I am no analyst. It's just my opinion. I am by no means an elite gambler but for three years now I am making a decent profit on mma, football and tennis.

Maybe I am biased? But what is for sure is I am more right than I am wrong. Time will tell. I just have a good feeling on these two fighters. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though as things can change. Always make the bet on the day......

You make valid points.

I am no analyst. It's just my opinion. I am by no means an elite gambler but for three years now I am making a decent profit on mma, football and tennis.

Maybe I am biased? But what is for sure is I am more right than I am wrong. Time will tell. I just have a good feeling on these two fighters. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though as things can change. Always make the bet on the day......

be careful admitting your flaws here mate, its not the done thing

You make valid points.

Maybe I am biased? But what is for sure is I am more right than I am wrong. Time will tell. I just have a good feeling on these two fighters.
Personally im on DP. I wouldn't be shocked to see him knock Eddie out. I'm not advocating that he's a lock or anything like that, just thought you were trying to make an argument for your preconceived opinion on the fight rather than looking at it objectively.

Think Poirier/Alvarez is real tough to pick a winner.

Alvarez not looked convincing in UFC, aside from RDA win and alot of people been saying RDA was really struggling with his weight cut or whatever.
However, Poirier lost everytime he's fought top guys (swanson, mcgregor, Chan Sung, MJ)
His best win is a MD vs Jim Miller? who is a different level to Alvarez.

Nevertheless Poirier still only 28, so will continue to improve and Alvarez is very likely on the Decline and just got starched.

50/50 fight, I keep going back and forth, Alvarez slight favourite is correct i think

I'm sure everyone busted on the that same leg that I did. My head wasn't into this card and I still haven't watched the fights yet I need to go do that. It was a premeditated decision to take the night off but I still did some last min degen plays and fucked up like -20 units. Must've been the drugs that placed these parlays.

$169.97 $640.00 $0.00 Loss 6 Team Parlay
Win 4/22/17 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1002 Cub Swanson -670*vs Artem Lobov
Win 4/22/17 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1102 Al Iaquinta -400*vs Diego Sanchez
Win 4/22/17 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1302 John Dodson -440*vs Eddie Wineland
Win 4/22/17 9:30pm UFC Fighting 1601 Sam Alvey/Thales Leites Over 2½ -205*
Loss 4/22/17 9:00pm UFC Fighting 1701 Brandon Moreno/Dustin Ortiz Over 2½ -285*
Win 4/22/17 8:30pm UFC Fighting 1802 Scott Holtzman -290*vs Michael McBride

$100.00 $376.54 $0.00 Loss 6 Team Parlay
4/22/17 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1302 John Dodson -440*vs Eddie Wineland
Loss 4/22/17 9:00pm UFC Fighting 1701 Brandon Moreno/Dustin Ortiz Over 2½ -285*

$410.00 $1,535.05 $0.00 Loss 6 Team Parlay
Loss 4/22/17 9:00pm UFC Fighting 1701 Brandon Moreno/Dustin Ortiz Over 2½ -290*

$420.00 $1,538.10 $0.00 Loss 6 Team Parlay
Win 4/22/17 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1102 Al Iaquinta -420*vs Diego Sanchez
Win 4/22/17 9:30pm UFC Fighting 1601 Sam Alvey/Thales Leites Over 2½ -210*
Loss 4/22/17 9:00pm UFC Fighting 1701 Brandon Moreno/Dustin Ortiz Over 2½ -290*

In other news I got to see Kung Fu Kenny live @ Coachella. We were fuckin LIT.

Fuck my bankroll I like to spend it -- !!
Johnny Chhom??

Not only did he collapse but he has said himself that he was out for minutes. Crazy if true.

I would love to see that

He said and i quote

Cornrow Kenny to Mcgregorian "I sincerely hope you get a terminal illness in real life"

Maybe in this pretend life he wishes me all the best?

He said and i quote

Cornrow Kenny to Mcgregorian "I sincerely hope you get a terminal illness in real life"

Maybe in this pretend life he wishes me all the best?

lol , he is insane

I was never very high on Poirier, but Alvarez chin/miles are def a concern. I am confident that a prime Alvarez handles Poirier 9/10.

I will probably pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back