UFC 211 early numbers ...

Only Jones-DC can break 500k this year. If Conor, Ronda, GSP and Brock don't return and Jones fucks up again, which is all very likely, there might be entire year without 400k+ ppvs

Out of those 4, 2 are a solid bet
Either Conor with fight in MMA & make UFC millions or he will box & make UFC possibly even more millions.
Also I'd bet GSP fights.

Brock & RR = very small chance

Last edited:
I remember a few years ago under 600k views was considered trash. Now 300k is good to some of you? Just lol come on now.

Not to mention the money WME gets from tv deals all around, fight pass, merchandise, ticket sales, etc. yet every time theres a bad card in terms of views, or mediocre ppv buys we hear "ufc is dying", "wme are cucks", etc.

This is true of course with one caveat. It's all correlated. It's not like dwindling PPV sales have been offset with booming FOX ratings. If that was the case, we could presume that fans are simply choosing a different mode of delivery versus simply abandoning the sport all-together. Quite the opposite actually. The FOX ratings have been in steep decline alongside the PPV buys (The 2017 UFC on FOX shows have been the lowest rated in UFC on FOX history). Should that trend continue, the idea that the UFC will get a massive new TV deal starts to look more and more unlikely.

And it's all well and good to assume you will "go international". All businesses say the same thing as the US is a stable, saturated market, the easiest concept to sell to investors is "we're expanding into China" or whatever.

That generally is a bunch of pie in the sky. We're not talking an established global sport with a strong international fanbase like boxing. And where it is established like say Japan, there's already incumbent players with distribution partners and networks already in place.

It's going to be a lot harder for the UFC to make back that debt they put on the books than you think..

Last edited:
As sherdog would say, fans don't care about heavyweights.

Buyrates for every heavyweight title bout in the last 5 years minus the one with CM Punk has been between 150-380k. Last one over was JDS/Cain II in 2012.

Time to scrap the division. Or something.

Last edited:
I remember a few years ago under 600k views was considered trash. Now 300k is good to some of you? Just lol come on now.

I don't know if anyone is saying 300K is good now.

What some of us are saying is that the UFC's PPV revenue over the years has taking on a different meaning. PPV use to make up a large majority of the UFC's revenue. For years the UFC has been trying to increase all other revenue aspects of the business so they don't have to rely so largely on PPV buys. The TV contracts around the world is the biggest contributor factor to shifting that puzzle. If WME gets a US TV deal worth even half of what they have spoken about then largest form of revenue for the UFC will be TV contracts.

Back