UFC 209 - Twood vs Wonderboy II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
all in on Bektic! Got to fade a man hwo willingly gets this tattoo :D

14448326_1090991507685575_4267259061814165504_n.jpg
That's up there on the list of worst tattoos in MMA

Overeem at -135 seems like a steal to me, I cap him around -170 or -180.

Hunt doesn't have as many tools as Stipe and Reem's technique had been looking cherry before that fight.

Hunt just need to touch his chin. Heck even a jab would rock him badly. Overreem decision is the play I think though.

Liking Reem DEC quite a bit here, only laying down 1u though because as HeDucking said, Hunt only needs to land one clean punch and the Reem will be dead

Reem DEC might not end up hitting but I think the odds are too good. Betting it now

That's up there on the list of worst tattoos in MMA
And the competition is quite stiff. I mean, seriously that tattoo is fucking mind-boggling, that genuinely makes me think less of him as a person. Not to mention he always looks like Jason Miller's younger brother with that goofy face.

Edit : I'm sounding like a total hater :)

And the competition is quite stiff. I mean, seriously that tattoo is fucking mind-boggling, that genuinely makes me think less of him as a person. Not to mention he always looks like Jason Miller's younger brother with that goofy face.

Edit : I'm sounding like a total hater :)
Haha it's definitely worthy of hate. If you're a friend or loved one, how can you not tell him that getting that tattoo is a bad idea

For those looking at Reem decision, FGTD is +280. Just something to think about.

I just hit Wonderboy UD at +600 and apparently it was +1240 at one point which is insane. I'm not sure if they got UD and split backwards or what but NOT Wonderboy split is -310. Sounds like great parlay fodder to me, but I'm worried it'll end up getting canceled.

so yea. i know we've talked about this fight a ton in the futures thread(s), but i love ferguson here. i'm "saving room" to bet him live, cause i think it's pretty likely khabib gets him down in the first round or two. but i think ferguson eventually gets to khabib and i think he breaks him late.

absofuckinlutely torn on twood-wonderboy. i feel like the "mystery" of wonderboy is gone for twood, so it's KINDA an advantage for him? but man, idk. i favored wonderboy last time, so this time it's a tossup to me, and it's almost priced accordingly.

i'm leaning reem because i think he knows what he needs to do to win. either taking hunt down or just staying outside, he has to protect his chin at all costs and he knows it.

I think khabib can actually do more than hold Ferguson down. Ferg is very aggressive on the ground, and to a lot of people that looks good, but you can't be aggressive vs A+ level grapplers, it will just get you passed and subbed.

After rewatching wonderboy twood with fresh eyes, damn wonderboy didn't really do much damage vs Woodley and Woodley almost killed his ass. I'm all over Woodley at + odds, and I expect him to win the 1st round again.

Blah overeem hunt. Can't trust reem= little interest prefight for me.

I think khabib can actually do more than hold Ferguson down. Ferg is very aggressive on the ground, and to a lot of people that looks good, but you can't be aggressive vs A+ level grapplers, it will just get you passed and subbed.

After rewatching wonderboy twood with fresh eyes, damn wonderboy didn't really do much damage vs Woodley and Woodley almost killed his ass. I'm all over Woodley at + odds, and I expect him to win the 1st round again.

Blah overeem hunt. Can't trust reem= little interest prefight for me.
That punch that Woodley landed (and the subsequent punches for the rest of the round) was one of the only times he landed something significant outside of shots on the ground in round 1. He was whiffing a lot in round 2, 3, and 5. The first punch that knocked WB down didn't seem like it hurt him too badly, either. The second one, as he was stalking WB against the cage after WB got back up, was the one that hurt WB

That punch that Woodley landed (and the subsequent punches for the rest of the round) was one of the only times he landed something significant outside of shots on the ground in round 1. He was whiffing a lot in round 2, 3, and 5. The first punch that knocked WB down didn't seem like it hurt him too badly, either. The second one, as he was stalking WB against the cage after WB got back up, was the one that hurt WB

I think you are nitpicking a little, he dominated round 1, which already makes me want to take the +odds. and imo he landed big gnp in round 1 that shouldn't be dismissed. Go rewatch WB walk back to his stool after the 1st.

In round 4 imo Woodley went for a strategically stupid guillotine, and next fight if he gets that close I think he gets a finish.

To me the damage he did in rounds 1 and 4 outweigh the point fighting wb did in 2 3 5. That damage may have permanently fucked up WB too, not counting on it but maybe he breaks a little easier this time...

I think you are nitpicking a little, he dominated round 1, which already makes me want to take the +odds. and imo he landed big gnp in round 1 that shouldn't be dismissed. Go rewatch WB walk back to his stool after the 1st.

In round 4 imo Woodley went for a strategically stupid guillotine, and next fight if he gets that close I think he gets a finish.

To me the damage he did in rounds 1 and 4 outweigh the point fighting wb did in 2 3 5. That damage may have permanently fucked up WB too, not counting on it but maybe he breaks a little easier this time...
I'm not gonna argue that the damage was in Woodley's favor. No one would argue against that. But his low volume in the first fight allowed WB to win rounds via point fighting

Nitpicking, sure. But look at the adjustments that WB was able to make after getting taken down in the first round (mainly, not throwing that kick). I think its more likely that we see rounds like 2, 3, and 5 as opposed to round 1, seeing as the distance was giving Woodley issues. Round 4, although extremely dominant for Woodley, is kind of hard to trust seeing as he probably missed a ton of punches prior to that. Not calling it a fluke punch or anything, I just think WB has easier adjustments to make

Can't look at MMA striking in a vacuum. GSP's striking fed off his threat of the TD and vice versa.
Especially as he had the best wrestling and the best timed double in the game at the time. Maia vs GSP would be amazing from a grappling perspective.

Only reason I wont be betting WB is that even if Woodley loses one or two rounds, he has the power and explosiveness to get a 10-8 round. Fight to go the distance might be a good play or the over maybe based on the odds.

I'm not gonna argue that the damage was in Woodley's favor. No one would argue against that. But his low volume in the first fight allowed WB to win rounds via point fighting

Nitpicking, sure. But look at the adjustments that WB was able to make after getting taken down in the first round (mainly, not throwing that kick). I think its more likely that we see rounds like 2, 3, and 5 as opposed to round 1, seeing as the distance was giving Woodley issues. Round 4, although extremely dominant for Woodley, is kind of hard to trust seeing as he probably missed a ton of punches prior to that. Not calling it a fluke punch or anything, I just think WB has easier adjustments to make

The low volume thing is hard to explain, he seems like he gets lazy sometimes, it's a problem. But I disagree about WB having easier corrections to make. It's as simple as Woodley having a little more output in round 2, don't forget WB didn't really land anything big and had to struggle to get a draw. doesn't make sense he is the fave imho.

The low volume thing is hard to explain, he seems like he gets lazy sometimes, it's a problem. But I disagree about WB having easier corrections to make. It's as simple as Woodley having a little more output in round 2, don't forget WB didn't really land anything big and had to struggle to get a draw. doesn't make sense he is the fave imho.
Not sure I agree, but you make valid points. I'm personally on WB by decision at +290. I think the chances of him winning by DEC are much more likely than him winning the fight via TKO so it's a must bet with the fight being a relatively 50/50 affair

Anyone feel like Lando's line is gonna be so inflated as hell. He has major defensive issues and Teymur could very well finish the guy. Big Lando fan but if Teymur reaches +200 or something crazy, Ill play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back