UFC 209 PBP/discussion

I'll add a stupid prop RR, not as good as Timurd's, but it was only $16 and (the winning legs) paid over 1.2k and almost hit for more. Lol.

2017-03-04_21-55.jpg

So you guys really don't eat girls' asses at all?
a6a037fbfe346d0af019caadee33ba1e.jpg

Pretty good card overall,

Will need to check bets, but including Bellew tonight up about 9u. 36% increase in BR this year so far, and its only March!

Last edited:
I get where you're coming from but the scoring in mma doesn't work like that. It's round by round, if you don't win the majority of rounds than you're unlikely to win on the judges scorecards. The sport is littered with examples of fighters taking far more damage than their opponents but still getting the decision because they win more rounds (Bisping v Anderson, Bisping v Hendo 2, GSP v Hendricks etc).

If you want to bet on the guy who got soundly defeated in every area, The inferior wrestler and the guy who got dropped and nearly subbed on the off chance he manages to pull off a miracle on the scorecards feel free. It can happen. I don't think it's sound judgement. T wood is the better athlete, The better wrestler and has more effective striking for whatever reason.

Another thought on WB/Wood. Yeah it was a close fight.

BUT....imo if you are the challenger you have a little more onus on you to make a statement.

Im not saying the judges factor this in but its implied (or at least should be ).

In a close fight the existing champ should get the benefit of the doubt.

For WB as challenger you cant come in dance around for 5 rounds - do no damage and hope to squeak out a decision. Thats just not how it SHOULD work.

Challengers should be hungry come in for blood.

Fellas !
Today is my biggest day EVER !

Im gonna repost from the betting thread

Craziest fucking parlay of my life hit

Biggest dogs of My life hit !

My units are $100 btw

Won over 15k today on one motherfucking parlay !

Unreal!

Biggest winning day in my entire life has been just under 12k , today is a whole other level of win

And its mostly because of that one retard degen parlay

But, I was HEAVY into Lando when the fight was first announced, but reading the thread made me realize that normally I would be on Teymur in a similar situation

Anyway, I never gloat or cry , win or lose

But thought I would share the great news with the people who made it happen !

Damn man! So good to see somebody getting a win like this, big congrats!!! :)

I'll add a stupid prop RR, not as good as Timurd's, but it was only $16 and (the winning legs) paid over 1.2k and almost hit for more. Lol.

View attachment 206995

Nice one man. If Woodley finishes WB there (and he had him hurt) you'd have cashed way bigger it looks like. Still a nice hit, but really close to being a monster.

Another thought on WB/Wood. Yeah it was a close fight.

BUT....imo if you are the challenger you have a little more onus on you to make a statement.

Im not saying the judges factor this in but its implied (or at least should be ).

In a close fight the existing champ should get the benefit of the doubt.

For WB as challenger you cant come in dance around for 5 rounds - do no damage and hope to squeak out a decision. Thats just not how it SHOULD work.

Challengers should be hungry come in for blood.

I tend to a agree, within reason. If your style is counter striking and you're effective with it and do a little more than the other guy in enough rounds to win, you should win. BUT...if a fight is TRULY a coin toss once it's over and you're the challenger and you didn't take ANY chances you can't expect to get the benefit of the doubt. Even if you stick to your style and gameplan through most of the fight, if you're not somewhat clearly winning by rds 4-5 you have to try to be more aggressive. Doesn't mean you throw caution to the wind try to full on brawl, but you have to adjust.

If the Judges followed the rules on scoring, WB was up at least 2 points going into the last round. Woodley had to get a finish for the win. His corner told him he had to have a ko. He didn't. He needed a Lawler/Rory finish and didn't do it. That's a draw at best.

I just hope GSP goes to Welterweight and knocks his block off.

I tend to a agree, within reason. If your style is counter striking and you're effective with it and do a little more than the other guy in enough rounds to win, you should win. BUT...if a fight is TRULY a coin toss once it's over and you're the challenger and you didn't take ANY chances you can't expect to get the benefit of the doubt. Even if you stick to your style and gameplan through most of the fight, if you're not somewhat clearly winning by rds 4-5 you have to try to be more aggressive. Doesn't mean you throw caution to the wind try to full on brawl, but you have to adjust.

Word.

If we set aside the round scoring system (which is so flawed). And just consider the fight as a whole...Wood clearly should be the winner.

I understand this isnt how mma works right now but the new rules are a step in this direction.

Any lay person watching that fight would say Wood won by doing way more damage.

For the future of the sport damage needs to be the deciding factor NOT winning rounds. If the rules are setup in a way that favours point fighting then we will see a lot of boring fights.

I think it would be unjust for WB to be the champ after almost getting KO d and doing no damage.

So the ferg/kebab bets are still pending on b365

Hopefully this bitch gets rescheduled

Morales $300 to win $512
Pedro $300 to win $700
Godbeer $300 to win $570

Sanders $300
Tybyra $300 to win $570
Overeem $300 to win $515

Cooper $300
Woodley $300 to win $635

Overeem/Tybura/Godbeer $300 to win $1863
Overeem+Hunt O1,5/Vannata/tybura/godbeer $300 to win $3000
Tybura/Godbeer/pedro $180 to win $1521
Sanders/Cooper/Morales $300 to win $1900
Woodley/Tybura/Cooper $300

David Teymur $510 to win $2000 (hedge)
Woodley+Kelly $300 to win $1750

Thompson $420 (hedge)

PROFIT $5630 (MY BIGGEST NIGHT EVER)
Profit this year $4,700+$5630= $10,330

HATERZ GONNA HATE.
THEY DON'T CALL YOU THE GREATEST MMA BETTOR EVER THEY CALL YOU OFFICER_BROWN.
The-A-Team.jpg

Morales $300 to win $512
Pedro $300 to win $700
Godbeer $300 to win $570

Sanders $300
Tybyra $300 to win $570
Overeem $300 to win $515

Cooper $300
Woodley $300 to win $635

Thompson $420 (hedge)

HATERZ GONNA HATE
The-A-Team.jpg

100u year and its only 3 months into the year. <{pray-uh}>

Bookies getting raped.

Morales $300 to win $512
Pedro $300 to win $700
Godbeer $300 to win $570

Sanders $300
Tybyra $300 to win $570
Overeem $300 to win $515

Cooper $300
Woodley $300 to win $635

Thompson $420 (hedge)

HATERZ GONNA HATE
The-A-Team.jpg
How did you get crazy dog odds on literally everyone though? When was Reem or Godbeer ever +150 or whatever that translates to?

this was a weird card for me because i was so hesitant to bet despite leaning towards most of the dogs. had most of my money tied up in ferguson bets so couldn't livebet as much as i normally do. ended up making about 2 units on this card which is disappointing considering the amount of dogs that came though. should have been less gunshy and redeposited. c'est la vie.

congrats to all the winners. seems like most be people here had really good nights.

I don't know how much discussion has gone on about the WB/Wood fight, but scoring wise I had it for Thompson or a draw. I can see the case for either. Don't agree with R2 being given to Woodley, they both did nothing, but WB was the more aggressive and in control fighter in my opinion.

Not the worst decision I've ever seen. Would have rather seen the draw so we could all have a good chuckle.

Back