UFC 208 - Holm vs De Randamie - Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this kid, future top 5, if the weight isn't an issue. The fights are out there. He completely styled on miah, auto takedowns and did I think 3 literal cartwheels during the fight.
Any chance you can post a link? I couldn't find the Miah fight or any of his other recent ones besides vs Nakamura

Actually brooks is pretty easy to get after watching tape. At this point ironically the question is... Who the hell is mccall

heh. i hear that.

i feel so shitty about my capping game lately, basically been in a terrible slump since the held decision.. having trouble making the effort with new guys.

im prob gonna be on Jacare rd 1. I don't think he's gonna have issues taking it to the floor and when he does, it's only a matter of time before he ends it. Just hope he goes for that takedown fast and doesn't waste time striking

psure jacare knows that his titleshot window is likely gonna be open once, and that's it. he can't afford a misstep here, so i trust he'll make the process short and sweet with ol'tim. meaning get it to the floor asap, and from there he'll likely lock up a armtriangle very fast.

Belal dec (+100 ml and -145 for the over, I swear this shit better be at least +3xx) is the big one, and Reis dec is the one i'm curious about and likely hit if its not in the low +1xx

I am curious why you and eveyrone is on Belal? I kinda favour Randy Brown. It is of course a close fight but Randy seems to be more dangerous and I have been impressed lately. Belal just a better technical boxer? enlighten me.

heh. i hear that.

i feel so shitty about my capping game lately, basically been in a terrible slump since the held decision.. having trouble making the effort with new guys.

Just got to get back to basics like anything else. The answer for me, is almost always watching more tape. But I find it relaxing, and usually put it on one monitor while I do a second task on the other monitor.

I am curious why you and eveyrone is on Belal? I kinda favour Randy Brown. It is of course a close fight but Randy seems to be more dangerous and I have been impressed lately. Belal just a better technical boxer? enlighten me.
Not very impressed by Brown. He doesn't have a great understanding of how to use his range yet so I see Belal being able to close space and box without much trouble. Also think Belal is the better wrestler. All around he's just the more complete fighter where as Brown is clearly still green. Pretty shocked Belal is the dog. I think Brown can make it a tough fight in the clinch, maybe be more physical there, but ffs Erick Montano was getting the better of him in that spot. Other than that possibility and Belal being KOd bad so recently, I'm pretty confident in Belal and think his decision line at anything above +200 is a great play

Not very impressed by Brown. He doesn't have a great understanding of how to use his range yet so I see Belal being able to close space and box without much trouble. Also think Belal is the better wrestler. All around he's just the more complete fighter where as Brown is clearly still green. Pretty shocked Belal is the dog. I think Brown can make it a tough fight in the clinch, maybe be more physical there, but ffs Erick Montano was getting the better of him in that spot. Other than that possibility and Belal being KOd bad so recently, I'm pretty confident in Belal and think his decision line at anything above +200 is a great play
don't forget the over -145. That might be the best play on the fight right now

I was high on Belal but after the last couple losses he took I kinda got pissed off betting on him. Yeah I think you are right though. Belal can be a decision machine and I really really don't see Belal getting the finish.

Yeah I love that line too. Pretty hard to see a finish here. Brown has problems with his range but he seems pretty good at tying up when guys do get on the inside. I can't imagine either guy catching a sub on the other. Biggest concern I guess is recently KOd chin of Belal. Will def be on the over too

Yeah I dig this. I was already on it but I added more. This could be my most confident play on the card . Jeez thx for reminder on this.

Justin Willis trains out of AKA......and he managed to survive uninjured

Super confidence increase

You guys are giving Belal way too much credit and I think you will be disappointed. Not saying it's a bad bet but Randy is not a complacent type of fighter he is dangerous in many positions. He will eat Belal on the feet if it stays there. Maybe Muhammad will get him down but that's his only path to victory and it's no guarantee. New York is home turf for Brown, he asked for this date and I expect he will show up on point.

You guys are giving Belal way too much credit and I think you will be disappointed. Not saying it's a bad bet but Randy is not a complacent type of fighter he is dangerous in many positions. He will eat Belal on the feet if it stays there. Maybe Muhammad will get him down but that's his only path to victory and it's no guarantee. New York is home turf for Brown, he asked for this date and I expect he will show up on point.
Randy's striking is always a talking point for announcers and/or media, but we've seen him do literally nothing on the feet so far.

Some other Justin willis vids here:

Cliff notes
-has shown and mentioned some cardio concerns in the past fights
-Red flag-mentions he can destroy anyone in front of him for 3-4 minutes

Course training at aka shows him working on conditioning and cardio, its an unknown if his gas tank is good. All his fights went r2 max against low end guys. One fight decision @ r2, another fight showed 2 minute rounds, looks like he could be a big hw with a small gas tank.

Marcins ufc last 2 fights if anyones interested
https://www.ufc.tv/video/timothy-johnson-vs-marcin-tybura-ufc-fight-night
https://www.ufc.tv/video/marcin-tybura-vs-viktor-pesta-ufc-fight-night-92-rodriguez-vs-caceres

Marcin seemed to do ok with the clinch and grappling game of timothy johnson but tim did not shoot for a take down. Marcin we know has gone 3 rounds and moves good in r2 and r3, I reckon he has the cardio advantage if he can get beyond r1. R1 Justin, rest Marcin are my first vibes.

Other random stuff of YT

Holm training vid:

-showing some top mount and gnp from top position
-footwork, movement and leg kicks

3 minute break down vid on holly vs GDR

GT training vid

-showed him mixing in boxing with take down attempts

Spider training vid

-training defence off his back (wearing oxygen mask?)
-looks like he is cutting angles with footwork and head movement and prepared to strike more
against the cage.

Confidence increase anderson. Looks like he is entering the matrix again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back