UFC 207 will be Joe Silva's last event. He retires after tonight.

It seems to me that the role of the matchmaker is useless in today's UFC. Fighters are picking their own opponents, fighters demanding more money than their current contract requires (not a bash) depending on opponent, constant injuries outside of the octogon that eliminate matches that should be made, and the irrelevance of the rankings at this point.

Shelby now oversees the
women's strawweight
bantamweight divisions
as well as the men's bantamweight,
featherweight,
lightweight and
welterweight divisions,
the latter two being new additions to his duties.

Meanwhile, Maynard oversees the
men's flyweight,
middleweight,
light heavyweight
heavyweight divisions

Original free verse, nice.

I'm looking forward to the changes.

Because WME knows MMA and fight promotion
They know promotion better than anyone in Zuffa, selling "talent" to Hollywood isn't easy, its certainly not easier than selling "just bleed" to hillbillies

never liked him, never liked how he always tried to grab the spotlight after the end of every fight like he was the important figure behind the victor walking up to the winner and shaking his hand like look at me yes i made this possible he just seemed like a little weasel

never liked him, never liked how he always tried to grab the spotlight after the end of every fight like he was the important figure behind the victor walking up to the winner and shaking his hand like look at me yes i made this possible he just seemed like a little weasel
I too had noticed this over the years.

Shelby now oversees the
women's strawweight
bantamweight divisions
as well as the men's bantamweight,
featherweight,
lightweight and
welterweight divisions,
the latter two being new additions to his duties.

Meanwhile, Maynard oversees the
men's flyweight,
middleweight,
light heavyweight
heavyweight divisions

Who's got the Women's Featherweight division?

He can finally go back to being king of Jordan.

jordan-king-640x392.jpg

No one will say "and it's all over" as good as Goldberg

Ugh finally. Enough with Joe Silva special, stupid rematches. Lets have some fun match ups

They know promotion better than anyone in Zuffa, selling "talent" to Hollywood isn't easy, its certainly not easier than selling "just bleed" to hillbillies

Right. Because Movies and MMA are the same thing

UFC 207 will be Ronda Rousey's last event. She retires after tonight.

Maak me woods.

I feel like if she loses it's guaranteed 100% she retires. 90% if she wins. She's mentally busted. No way she can continue on much longer.

Screen_Shot_2015-11-15_at_11.15.34_AM.0.0.png

Did Goldberg and Joe silvas contract possibly just expire at 2017 and WME simply chose not to renew or Goldberg/silva didn't renew?

Vs WME firing everyone? Maybe these are just two big names that chose to pursue something else?

Or no?

Silva chose to retire. Goldie got fired or not renewed :(

I thought the UFC had amazing matchmaking, though not Pride levels obviously. I'm afraid corporate interests will dilute cards further, to minimize expense and maximize profit.

End of an era with Silva and Goldberg going tonight

Back