UFC 207 fighters on Ronda's media blackout

So the fighters are fine with it. TJ is right about the dangers of precedent, but that's the UFC's problem.

I'd actually like to know if it was a black out due to Ronda being a coward or a PR stunt by UFC.

The media wants it to be an issue so bad because they don't have anything else to talk about and the fighters don't care. They realize Ronda is going to bring in the numbers for this card.

Dillasnake is throwin some truth on that reporter.
AnimatedScaredBluegill.gif

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-29_10-24-37.jpeg
    upload_2016-12-29_10-24-37.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 2
It's the media that are having the most issues with this. They're talking about "dead air" surrounding the fight week. Funny considering no one, including the media, can't stop talking about it.

Out of all the fighters who commented on this, Neil Magny said it best imo;

“For her to just say, ‘hey, you know what, I might need to sit this out and focus on my fight,’ I respect that 100-percent,” said Neil Magny, who fights on the undercard of UFC 207. “She built her platform to be able to do that. I’m in a position where I’m trying to get to where she’s at. So for me, the media obligations and things like that are important for me. I need to be here talking to the fans. I need to be here talking with the media. I need to be here engaging with everyone in order to build my fanbase, things like that. So I don’t see it as being disrespectful at all. I actually congratulate her for being able to do so.”

TJ is actually really smart and got sum good points when he's not talking about Dom

They should ask McGregor.

The fuck he have to do with any of this?

You think he's going to complain about getting booted from UFC200 for not wanting to do press conference? You think he's going to complain about being treated unfairly? Or complain about another fighter being given special treatment.

Get back to your special ed. class.

You think he's going to complain about getting booted from UFC200 for not wanting to do press conference? You think he's going to complain about being treated unfairly? Or complain about another fighter being given special treatment.

Nah it's just that the one time the UFC treated him badly was when he refused to do media

They should ask McGregor.
I expect him to negotiate his way out of a lot of media obligations before his next bout. He will probably do media, but back in Ireland or by Skyping Ariel, something like that. Less PC, which now are events with him.

Nah it's just that the one time the UFC treated him badly was when he refused to do media

He was punished for refusing to do what he was contracted to do. Ronda's contract says she doesn't have to do media so it's an entirely different situation.

First of all, relax. Why did this upset you so much?

Some of us are curious to find out what he thinks since he was obviously upset about what happened to him. Shit, he "retired" over it. It's a similar enough situation and it's more relevant to find out what he says compared to the fighters asked in TS's video.

Last edited:
He was punished for refusing to do what he was contracted to do. Ronda's contract says she doesn't have to do media so it's an entirely different situation.
This is a good point that I and, I think, others hadn't thought of.

Back