UFC 203: CM Punk vs Mickey Gall PBP (Discussion)

I put money down on CM for old times sake even though all the signs and omens were clear that this was a disaster waiting to happen. The whole thing was so wrong, so repugnant that my bookie took pity on the deluded moron waving money in his face and offered me 7-1 on CM lasting the opening round. I put $300 down. Fuck.

He lasted almost half a round against a BJJ brown belt. That's actually exceptional considering his lack of experience.

Dont kid yourself. punk gets to roll with Askern an Pettis brothers. He sucks balls.

If UFC is going to do Freak Show fights, then Mcgregor should fight Ryan Lochte, JJ Watts, Miz or Randy Orton next.

If UFC is going to do Freak Show fights, then Mcgregor should fight Ryan Lochte, JJ Watts, Miz or Randy Orton next.
Now we're talking. Quit trying to disguise it and just go full bore Circus mode.

CKiRvVeUcAEjTdI.jpg

dana_white_clown.jpeg

Screen_shot_2012-01-29_at_5.34.33_PM.png

CM Punk could've said "give me somebody else" considering how Gall wasn't a freaking rookie. The guy was training boxing and Jiu-Jitsu when he was a much younger kid. Looking back it was UFC's mistake to let them fight. Shoudld have gave Punk guy with a similar background.

But CM Punk didn't quit and accepted
Punk decided to fight in the UFC. The best MMA organization in the world. If he wanted an easier fight he should have gone to a smaller league. IMO, if you are so arrogant and entitled, that you wanna make your pro debut in the UFC, you deserve to fight a UFC caliber fighter. I wouldn't have even let him fight a handpicked opponent like Gall.

Last edited:
Not a fan of CM punk....or his UFC dream...

But.....

Why do people / Joe Rogan keep saying " he should have been fighting on the local circuit/ lower level MMA first!"

Wouldn't he be fighting guys like Mickey Gall anyways?
He would still be fighting younger guys who probably have little more experience.

Added.....Condit just lost to a much more high level BJJ player (looked like, a white belt vs brown belt) vs Mia??.....does that mean Condit doesn't belong?

Punk just needs to pick his fights carefully for the love of the sport( of course not in the UFC IMO)...

Everything about this sh*t show was akward and embarrassing from the start. His Don Flemenco-esque UFC promo photo, the cringeworthy face-off when Gall was announced, the silly "evolution" commercials, and finally, the contest itself, which went as everyone (barring Punk) expected. His post-mauling inspirational mic work was the icing on the cake.
Never been a fan of this guy. Wears everything on his sleeve, has a terrible rep for being a prick to his fans and reporters, and has mental illness levels of delusion regarding his capabilities. All we really learned was he's a lot better at being a pretender. As a pro-wrestler, dude taped up his hands and wrote an "X" on them, did the Wanderlei hand roll during intros, used the Pride FC logo as his own, etc. Pretty clear he loved being portrayed as a legit martial artist, without having to deal with the risks (actual competition, intentional attempts to harm, etc.). Hopefully he was choked into reality, but his threats of future fights doesn't indicate that. His wife is really hot, tho. So there's that.

Punk decided to fight in the UFC. The best MMA organization in the world. If he wanted an easier fight he should have gone to a smaller league. IMO, if you are so arrogant and entitled, that you wanna make your pro debut in the UFC, you deserve to fight a UFC caliber fighter. I wouldn't have even let him fight a handpicked opponent like Gall.
It's not like the UFC can't just do a better job of hand picking jobbers though. Strikeforce was a fairly high level organization and they found some godawful jabronis for Herschel Walker to fight against. These organizations can pick whoever they want to fight.

CM Punk could've said "give me somebody else" considering how Gall wasn't a freaking rookie. The guy was training boxing and Jiu-Jitsu when he was a much younger kid. Looking back it was UFC's mistake to let them fight. Shoudld have gave Punk guy with a similar background.

No, the mistake was not insisting Punk get some ammy experience before stepping into the big cage if they didn't want exactly what happened to happen.
MMA - anything can happen - except in this situation. Exactly one thing was going to happen and that's why it was a farce.

It's not like the UFC can't just do a better job of hand picking jobbers though. Strikeforce was a fairly high level organization and they found some godawful jabronis for Herschel Walker to fight against. These organizations can pick whoever they want to fight.
So you are saying that the UFC should have brought in another midlife-crisis-MMA rookie to fight Punk?

Honestly, that's the kind of fight Punk should have had... but it shouldn't have been in the UFC, obviously.

He wanted to fight in the lower leagues, it was Dana that wanted him, not the other way around, people need to start listening then they won't come out and get embarrassed.

If Dana wanted to hand you a 6 figure deal to have your debut with a hand picked opponent you wouldn't say no, so why the hell should Punk?

I think Punk vs Shamrock would have been better. Gall is too young and hungry. He reminds me of Kendall Grove.

Remember when Kimbo fought Seth (a TUF washout from UFC) he got KTFO.

The guy Mickey beat in his debut would have been a better option for CM Punk.

Fight was stopped to early!!!!!

CM Punk was coming back damn it!

No pin no win.

He wanted to fight in the lower leagues, it was Dana that wanted him, not the other way around, people need to start listening then they won't come out and get embarrassed.

If Dana wanted to hand you a 6 figure deal to have your debut with a hand picked opponent you wouldn't say no, so why the hell should Punk?
That doesn't appear to be the common narrative. Do you have a source for that?

Back