UFC 200 Aldo is the literal GOAT (GIF Heavy)

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I just rewatched Aldo vs Edgar 2. As I watched, I was thinking "who could beat this Aldo p4p?"

I'm not saying Aldo is perfect, bc usually his problems in the octagon stem from his cardio issues. A stationary Aldo is a hitable Aldo.
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_4_large.gif

giphy.gif

In this fight however, he had no issues with cardio, and arguably looked to be the fresher fighter by the end of the fight. A mobile Aldo is almost unhitable.
aldo-retreating-push-block-comp.gif

He literally controlled the whole fight and had an answer for everything Edgar threw. Also, his speed and instincts were on point as usual.
aldo-knee-comp.gif

aldo-takedown-defense-reversal.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

aldo-lands-1-2-comp.gif

This guy is a beast and can beat anyone p4p imo.

Yeah Aldo and Conor should've had that rematch, you could tell he was motivated for it.

That flying hook is so majestic.

UFC 200 Aldo beats any fighter in MMA history if they were roughly the same size.

Pound for pound most skilled fighter of all time.

Hopefully that same Aldo shows up in the Holloway rematch. If so I think he takes it.

Not really. Aldo, like everyone else, is able to manage his cardio better when he's fighting people who are either his size or smaller. When he's facing a bigger opponent, he has to move more and it drains him.

I think even a mobile Aldo can be thrown off by Holloway's feints and pressure.

Side note: That yellow octagon canvas was a great idea. Didn't like it at first, but I've come to realize it was quite memorable, and every time you see a photo or gif from that event you instantly recognize where it was from.

If they were the same size? Holloway, Conor, Dillashaw, Mighty Mouse etc would beat that ass lol

That fight is sandwiched between him getting KO'd by two different guys his size. He's an all-time great, but he's never been unbeatable. Certainly not in 2016.

Styles make fights and Frankie's style is horrible against someone like Aldo. Aldo was picked up off the canvas in the fight before and after UFC 200.

That fight is sandwiched between him getting KO'd by two different guys his size. He's an all-time great, but he's never been unbeatable. Certainly not in 2016.
You're not getting the point though.
He's the goat in this fight and this fight only.

The thing is that Frankie couldn't pressure him, therefore, he wasn't tired.
Also, the didn't throw any flurries like he did with Holloway - he was coasting most of the fight, to push the action with 1:30 left on the clock.

Holloway was pressuring all the time, throwing tons of feints that kept him busy.

Aldo is great and while not a favorite, can definitely win against Holloway.
But Holloway caused the cardio issues, not Aldo on himself.

Aldo is a beast but he EXCELS at beating up guys smaller than him, longer lankier guys will always give him problems

Back