PBP UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Prelims PBP (Discussion) 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT/11:30pm UK

Bam Bam is turning into a GOAT underdog

.i thought he was gettin' jobbed, pleasantly surprised, a great fight....well, very good.

lol at you telling me what I do and dont like, just you calm yourself down sunshine lol

I like grappling, but grappling doesnt always involve spamming of the same techniques. so jog on trying to tell me that fight was entertaining..... it certainly wasnt
Ya, nothing wrong with that.

If a guy bitches about Movies, there is nothing wrong with saying he does not like movies. Even if he says he does while ignoring his bitching.

BJJ is part OF MMA and a big way to get the submission is to wear your opponent with non stop grappling to seek the sub. Unlike someone like prime BJ Penn who would wear you out with strikes and then get the sub. Many do not like seeing a fighter worn out with grappling. They find it boring (thus don't like a key element of MMA) and i get it. But lets not pretend you like all the elements of MMA. Had Maia spent most of 3 rounds exhausting Brown with body shots and boxing I doubt you would complain. But a fighter like Maia using grappling to exhaust and expose his opponent is somehow boring. But only if you do not appreciate the brilliance and technical strength of what Maia did.

Ya, nothing wrong with that.

If a guy bitches about Movies, there is nothing wrong with saying he does not like movies. Even if he says he does while ignoring his bitching.

BJJ is part OF MMA and a big way to get the submission is to wear your opponent with non stop grappling to seek the sub. Unlike someone like prime BJ Penn who would wear you out with strikes and then get the sub. Many do not like seeing a fighter worn out with grappling. They find it boring (thus don't like a key element of MMA) and i get it. But lets not pretend you like all the elements of MMA. Had Maia spent most of 3 rounds exhausting Brown with body shots and boxing I doubt you would complain. But a fighter like Maia using grappling to exhaust and expose his opponent is somehow boring. But only if you do not appreciate the brilliance and technical strength of what Maia did.
giphy.gif

And you are not alone.

there are a lot of people who cannot, in any way, appreciate a technical fight where wearing the opponent out is a part of the plan. I don't say that facetiously. Some fans need a more one dimensional fight. Despite the fact that stamina is arguably one of the most important parts of a fight some do not want to see it used as a weapon.

Back