PBP UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Prelims PBP (Discussion) 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT/11:30pm UK

I get that some of you don't truly like MMA. That is fine.

But that was an awesome performance by Maia to show how BJJ can wear out and finish an opponent when the artificial saves are taken away.

Great for Maia. Now give him a top 5 opponent and let him prove he can over come some that.
I like MMA, I just like some action in fights...... Maia is boring, that fight was boring

That moment you realize you're being Jiu jitsu'd

h.jpg

I think is because you guys are more familiar with Spanish, Br Portuguese is too fast paced and hard to understand
Yeah, I just figured there'd be a market for it here with expats. Seems like the UFC is cheating out somehow.

I like MMA, I just like some action in fights...... Maia is boring, that fight was boring
No. You really don't.

BJJ is about wearing your opponent out so you can sub him later.

You wish there was no opportunity to wear the opponent out. To you that grappling is boring. You want a world where it is stand up or instant subs, which do happen at times but are not the norm of grappling.

Barbarena looking better than I expected! Good leg kicks and elbows!

I didn't like how Barbarena mocked Super Sage after winning that fight, but he's gritty and pretty violent. Maybe I'm warming up to the guy.

10-10 round despite what literally EVERYONE else will claim.

No. You really don't.

BJJ is about wearing your opponent out so you can sub him later.

You wish there was no opportunity to wear the opponent out. To you that grappling is boring. You want a world where it is stand up or instant subs, which do happen at times but are not the norm of grappling.
lol at you telling me what I do and dont like, just you calm yourself down sunshine lol

I like grappling, but grappling doesnt always involve spamming of the same techniques. so jog on trying to tell me that fight was entertaining..... it certainly wasnt

The last thing I'd expect someone with the name Colby Covington to do for a living is fight in a cage.

Another sneaky leg kick by Barbarena just out of view of the camera

He even just blocked the clinch knee with a down elbow. This guy is pretty legit!

Back