UFC 198 - Curitiba - Werdum vs Miocic

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure if anyone's ever intentionally gone into werdum's guard...

Aside from Cain's panic takedown I can't remember anyone doing it.

yea.. maybe nog did a couple times in the pride fight? i forget

Even back then Nog avoided Werdum's ground game like the plague. I haven't watched it in forever but I don't think Nog tried taking Werdum down at all.

Even back then Nog avoided Werdum's ground game like the plague. I haven't watched it in forever but I don't think Nog tried taking Werdum down at all.

yea. i remember a scramble where werdum tried to take his back and i think nog escaped and stood up, i think you're right

one of my all-time favorite videos, heh. some highlights in the 2nd round of that w/the backtake attempts by werdum, remember them like they were yesterday

How great is Werdum's TDD compared to Stipe's takedowns? Stipe needs to mix up take-down/striking against Werdum, just being a striker would be predictable for Werdum. Werdum is a rare fighter who does welcome a takedown due to his strong BJJ though, at the same time Stipe needs to mix up his game so he doesn't get picked apart by Werdum standing via Muay Thai.

I'm going with Stipe TKO in round 3/4, providing Stipe uses his boxing and wrestling to keep the fight standing, use TD's to suprise Werdum and try to confuse him througout the fight. If Werdum tries to TD Stipe, I think he has the TDD to keep it standing.
IMO Stipe should keep this on the feet as much as possible. I dont see him getting picked apart by Werdums Muay Thai. I actually think Werdums striking is highly overrated except for his clinch game. This is a good matchup for Stipe in the sense that he is more of an outfighter and will be looking to outbox Werdum from a distance instead of looking to clinch like Cain did over and over again, playing into Werdums strenghts.

IMO Stipe should keep this on the feet as much as possible. I dont see him getting picked apart by Werdums Muay Thai. I actually think Werdums striking is highly overrated except for his clinch game. This is a good matchup for Stipe in the sense that he is more of an outfighter and will be looking to outbox Werdum from a distance instead of looking to clinch like Cain did over and over again, playing into Werdums strenghts.

I have very little doubt that will be stipe's gameplan. Stick and move for 25 min

I have very little doubt that will be stipe's gameplan. Stick and move for 25 min

Agree. The questions will be:

A) Can Stipe do it for 25 minutes? I lean toward no, and I think Werdum isn't totally overmatched at all even if the fight stays on the outside the majority of the time.

B) If Stipe is constantly moving away how will it look to the judges? I thought he did a good job of it vs JDS and lost the decision.

img

love tukhugov

like cummins
like lineker

(5d)

lmao. chagas opened +325 but they put it as usman. people are HAMMERING usman

he isn't fighting, people, it's a bad line

i like alves-barb U1.5 +135

alves is my guy. best guillotine in mma...

I hit the openers just didn't hop in here since other stuff going on.

Hit these

Cummins -165
Trinaldo -175
and both o1.5s

That Stipe line is mesmerizing. Werdum has been fighting 14 years, turns 39 in 2 months....

2/3 Stipe's last fights have been 5 rounders. I think his cardio will fine.
I only worry about the brain farting potential with him.

Lineker -180 $100 to win $55.56
Rogerio/Cummins o1.5 -260 + Trinaldo -190 $150 to win $164.20
Corey + Santos + Alves $140 to win $200

Thats it for now. Feel kind of square, I did this during KK/HJ fight instead of waiting til event end. Think with how much I won I would've just played Trinaldo straight and split the other 4 into 2 teamers or giant round robin.

Also worried I played o1.5 instead of Cummins straight, but still think both hit for sure.

Open the lines Euro bookies i am fucking smashing parlays on thus card!

Kind of surprised so many on Stipe. I'm just livebetting that one. No idea which way its going to go. Gonna be awesome.

Was about to say looks a heavy parlay type card !

Was going to discuss stipe as a live dog, but its been all but discussed and agree he could stick and move for 25 minutes to a decision but werdum is good in clinches and active with knees, so is stipe with clinch boxing so hard to see how it goes really.

Don't see maia having too much issue here brown is good off his back but has shown he can be controlled and no one is bigger and heavier or better at grappling, I think maia @ 38 has actually improved his cardio over 3 and 5 rounds, nailed his weight cutting process and diet and just had a major advantage in grappling and take downs, it just took tweaking and adjusting to get it working better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back