UFC 182: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier PBP (Discussion)

I thought he retired from the NFL sorry about that I had seen photos of him training at Jacksons.
The training is completely possible & probably happened.
Arthur is about 70-80lbs over 265 though. The other brother, Chandler, would be the one, a mixture of his two brothers, 6'5" and in the 260-270lb range. But I don't know if Chandler ever wrestled. Would be odd if he didn't, two older brothers did and he didn't, wrestling is usually pretty common through brothers, if the older brothers wrestle the younger do, too.

Like others have said, the wall and stall definitely should have been broken up a couple of times.

Cormier said he was gunna tug away at Jones belt for the first 2 rounds & then Jon would wilt. Pretty ironic

Also DC looked mentally down in his corner. Very bizarre & out of character.

DC fan for life though

Neither guy wilted nor broke, it was fatigue. Wasn't suprised at all, his body got lit up, so many hard knees, that will knock the wind out of you.

I would never pay an idiot to be my corner to just say "DO YOU WANT THIS??"

Cormier should have been going for doubles or singles switching off to doubles, trying to hit single lifts or a high crotch on a guy 5-6 inches taller than you is really a tough finish in wrestling and even harder in mma (because of the additional defense the opponent can use). I really thought Cormier would mix up his takedown offense, either he has fallen into the rut of just taking one shot or he really should have had that knee surgery.

Nope. He learned that despite Jones looking rangy as hell, he actually has a lot of leverage with his arms that makes trying to get him down both energy intensive and fruitless. He experienced what every other wrestler has experienced when fighting him...physics.

I kind of agree, but will point out there are exceptions.
MIKE TYSON

Mike Tyson has his flaws, but he's pretty open and honest. You know who he is. That is not Jon Jones.

If Cormier can give it 5 rounds at his first 3 rounds pace he has a CHANCE of beating Jones, but he lost everything he had in the last 2 rounds. Great fight but Jones is great, and only going to get better. P4P 1 best.

As soon as DC started describing the problems he had cutting weight as the Olympics I knew thered be trouble

Mike Tyson has his flaws, but he's pretty open and honest. You know who he is. That is not Jon Jones.

You mean.. now, right?

His ego could very well be bigger than Jones in his days.

As soon as DC started describing the problems he had cutting weight as the Olympics I knew thered be trouble

Even at heavyweight DC slowed down so it was to be expected that he would at LHW. He hoped that he could get a take down and top position. Nonetheless this fight cost both fighters a ton of energy. Not strange one would gass.

gnySDUw.gif

omg what a privilague to watch tha fight. i am so lucky. so glad tio see great ufc event. ufc is so great.

omg what a privilague to watch tha fight. i am so lucky. so glad tio see great ufc event. ufc is so great.

so much better than boxing IMO. you ever watch Mayweather dance around for 12 rounds for $100M payday??????

That was a tremendous fight, war of attrition and a battle,loved it!!

Yes I agree
The amount of wall and stall they allow is appalling. There is a definite difference between pinning your opponent to the fence and working strikes and takedown attempts compared to just working to hold them against the fence eating up time. Apparently, mma referees are about the only people involved in mma that are not aware of this strategy.

You mean.. now, right?

His ego could very well be bigger than Jones in his days.

Sure, he had an ego, and he was quite frankly a freaky individual, but you knew who he was. Jon Jones has recently admitted that he is fake. He said it himself. And that is why people don't like him (mostly).

Nope. He learned that despite Jones looking rangy as hell, he actually has a lot of leverage with his arms that makes trying to get him down both energy intensive and fruitless. He experienced what every other wrestler has experienced when fighting him...physics.
Uh, no finishing with a switch off to a double is an easier finish than a single leg shot and single leg finish; anyone that knows something about wrestling knows this.
Everyone knows Jones is rangy...
Leverage doesn't come from arms it comes from height, and as I posted trying to finish a single or HC on a guy 5-6" taller than you is very difficult, usually to be successful you have to either hit and finish quick or get the leg up high, neither of which Cormier attempted.
Physics, your knowledge of that is as low as your reading comprehension considering your rebuttal was basically what I posted except you added the dumb.

Back