UFC 169: Barao vs. Faber II POST-FIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE DISCUSSION

Does anybody has a link to the unedited Post presser?, in the UFC one is heavily cut up.

Anyone noticed how Dana cut off every Alistair-question? Freezing atmosphere. Check the last minutes after the press-conference , Overeem trying to reach Dana, Dana not willing to have any eye-contact.

Something is wrong or Dana just doesn't like Alistair

He never liked Ali, Lorenzo made the deal.
Ali played it safe and calls out a guy who is retired (stupid) call out guys who are ranked above you is the way to go.

He never liked Ali, Lorenzo made the deal.
Ali played it safe and calls out a guy who is retired (stupid) call out guys who are ranked above you is the way to go.

I am absolutely sure it has nothing to do with Ali's calling out Lesnar comment, it's something else.

Admitedly he looked better in the first couple of minutes . . . But as soon as he got rocked it was all but over. Early stoppage IMO, but stilll, it was going to only end with one hand being lifted. For sure.

so what you are trying to say is that "in the end only one hand would have been lifted " you don't say?...do you have a course we can all sign up for ? I figure you can just pay us to attend because we really don't need someone telling us things we already know :p

Yeah I already saw that but I meant more like Dana's attitude towards Alistair in general. It's something he does not like

Look at GSP, always a company man, white destroyed him several times.
Maybe Dana needs to lay of the doctors pills or Alistair don't want a paycut and goes to Glory.

I said it elsewhere but Urijah was very classy in defeat. He's a good guy. Barao looked incredible.

Frank Mir didn't look great but i think he should get another shot. I think going the distance earned it.

Aldo looked great imo even if some think he's boring.

The Able VS Varner fight was fun and the Lee VS Raging Al fight was fun.

The rest was blah and this card broke the record for the most decisions.

^This^

Able VS Varner was outstanding.

What was Faber to do in that position? He was completely blocking every shot and if he moved he would have been hit with clean shots. Usually in situations like that we see the guy on top move to another position after realizing that his strikes aren't effective.

He is meant to move and try and do something. Instead he stayed still and just thought he woul eat punches while he regained his senses. I have no doubt Faber knows he shouldn't stay still but he was rocked and couldn't think of anything else to do.

You stop moving, the fight gets stopped, he stopped moving so it got stopped. Simple.

That's at least two consecutive events w/o post fight Dana media scrum. What's going on?

That's at least two consecutive events w/o post fight Dana media scrum. What's going on?

Lorenzo is doing damage control for all the dumb stuff Dana has been saying. He took his scrum privileges away.

DanaSond.gif

Lorenzo is doing damage control for all the dumb stuff Dana has been saying. He took his scrum privileges away.

DanaSond.gif

Hope so. Dana should go to a rehab-clinic or a mental institution because something is wrong with his fucked up brains he is ruining Zuffa's credibility.

I also wish the faber fight conintued, not taking anything away from Barao i think he looked awesome. Aldo looked really good too even though it went the distance i think he showed hes a much superior fighter compared to lamas he checked nearly all the leg kicks and when he landed he was quick and powerful. Overeem shouldve finished Mir, honestly mir looked like crap what the hell was up with his stand up lol he was so slow and his ground game wasnt active at all. Varner vs Able was insane !! the rest couldnt care much about

Look at GSP, always a company man, white destroyed him several times.
Maybe Dana needs to lay of the doctors pills or Alistair don't want a paycut and goes to Glory.

Its like Dana doesn't want to build up fighter because they might leave or want more money, but it also means they don't get the following they would otherwise.

Seems short sighted.

Back