UFC 168 Preview and Predictions

DaleyChamp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Middleweight Championship Bout - Chris Weidman (10-0, 6-0 UFC) vs Anderson Silva (33-5, 16-1 UFC)

I am more confident that Silva will beat Weidman in this fight than I was before their first fight. The reason is pretty simple, the first fight showed me that Weidman does not have the relentless wrestling to take Silva down consistently for five rounds. Weidman's wrestling was starting to fail him very early in that fight up until the knockout punch that he will not land in the rematch. Weidman will probably get an early takedown again but once he starts to fade it is going go downhill for him real quick. Silva will start to stuff the takedowns, land kicks to the legs and body, and eventually stop Weidman in the third round.

Women's Bantamweight Championship Bout - Ronda Rousey (7-0, 1-0 UFC) vs Miesha Tate (13-4, 0-1 UFC)

Heavyweight Bout - Josh Barnett (33-6, 5-1 UFC) vs Travis Browne (15-1-1, 6-1-1 UFC)

Lightweight Bout - Jim Miller (22-4, 11-3 UFC) vs Fabricio Camoes (14-7-1, 1-2-1 UFC)

Featherweight Bout - Dustin Poirier (14-3, 6-2 UFC) vs Diego Brandao (18-8, 4-1 UFC)

Weidman via ground and pound or submission

Barnett via sub

ronda via sub

miller by dec

poirier by dec

Silly, ts...

Weidman RD2 TKO
Tate RD2 SUB
Barnett UD
Miller RD1 TKO
Poirier RD3 SUB

Weidman TKO
Ronda Armbar
Barnett Sub
Camoes Sub
Brandoa Dec

you really brought up something people haven't talked about much, before the knockout Weidman looked tired. He has also faded in other fights that went beyond 5 minutes.. I think this is the deciding factor. if he can't finish silva early silva has the heart and ability to dominate late.

you really brought up something people haven't talked about much, before the knockout Weidman looked tired. He has also faded in other fights that went beyond 5 minutes.. I think this is the deciding factor. if he can't finish silva early silva has the heart and ability to dominate late.

Yep the Silva haters don't want to believe it but we'll see. Weidman's gas tank is horrible and if Anderson has any common sense about him he'll bide his time until late in the third round and start to press forward...Chris WILL fade the longer it goes i have no doubts whatsoever about that...in the first fight he trained harder than ever before and yet he was blowing out his ass in the second round.

Anderson Silva will defeat Chris Weidman and become the new UFC Middleweight champion. Most of you are really obvlious and are picking Weidman based of what he did in the first fight, but keep in mind Chris is more known for his wrestling and bjj.. not his striking.

Barnett
Rousey
Miller
Poirier

will all win.

Silva via TKO
Tate Via TKO
Barnett via Sub
Miller via UD
Poirier via UD

Weidman TKO round 2
Tate RNC round 2
Barnett Arm triangle round 2
Miller UD
Poirier D'arce choke round 3

Weidman by ground and pound KO
Tate TKO
Barnett by decapitation
Miller by split decision
Poirer by unanimous decision

I dont think he gassed as much as the moment possibly causing him to adrenaline dump. He had dominated the first round against the champ but the champ made it seem closer than it was with his taunting and antics. He wiffed on the takedown and was probably starting to panic

Just a thought

Back