UFC 163: Jose Aldo vs Chan 'Korean Zombie' Sung Jung PBP (Discussion)

A very big LOL to the people calling Jose Aldo "unprofessional" for kicking Zombie's injured shoulder.
First of all, why did he injury his shoulder? because of he was fighting. against who? Jose Aldo.
Now, even if Jose Aldo did not had a participation on the cause of the shoulder injury, if the Korean Zombie didn't want to continue fighting, if he wanted to preserve himself, and have a faster recovery, he could have very well called the referee claiming that he was injured and couldn't continue fighting. Since he didn't do that, no one can't put the blame on Jose Aldo for doing his job. And do you really think that any fighter would stop hitting on weak spots of the opponent so he will not be hurt too much? :icon_lol:

This is why MMA will never be taken seriously or viewed as a professional sport. Also this is why fans will be forever stereotyped as drunk, blood thirsty, societal deviant, hillbillies.

A very big LOL to the people calling Jose Aldo "unprofessional" for kicking Zombie's injured shoulder.
First of all, why did he injury his shoulder? because of he was fighting. against who? Jose Aldo.
Now, even if Jose Aldo did not had a participation on the cause of the shoulder injury, if the Korean Zombie didn't want to continue fighting, if he wanted to preserve himself, and have a faster recovery, he could have very well called the referee claiming that he was injured and couldn't continue fighting. Since he didn't do that, no one can't put the blame on Jose Aldo for doing his job. And do you really think that any fighter would stop hitting on weak spots of the opponent so he will not be hurt too much? :icon_lol:

exactly.

it really makes me laugh when people pretend that this is badminton or something.

the two guys go in there with the intention of knocking the other guy unconscious thus, they go in there with the intention to cause permanent brain damage or at least turn a blind eye to that ramification when separating their opponent from their senses.

kicks to a body injury sounds tame when compared to brain damage caused by concussions, at least on a small scale, every time a fighter suffers a punch to the head or KO.

people will magnify anything to cause drama.

yeah he did, but it isn't likely that KZ could finish a young, veteran like that.

wtf u talking about? KZ had aldo hurt at one point. also Aldo was too gassed to put kz out in those 4th and 5th round if anyone it was kz who looked to be closer to getting the ko

This is why MMA will never be taken seriously or viewed as a professional sport. Also this is why fans will be forever stereotyped as drunk, blood thirsty, societal deviant, hillbillies.

This.

I could understand a newcomer doing this, but the champion? All he had to do was point to KZ's shoulder and say wtf ref? Are you that money hungry that you are willing to ruin someone's career?

This.

I could understand a newcomer doing this, but the champion? All he had to do was point to KZ's shoulder and say wtf ref? Are you that money hungry that you are willing to ruin someone's career?

and the ref would have asked kz if he wanted to keep fight. kz would have said yes.
or the ref would have stopped the fight

so basically kz would have kept fighting and lost the fight or lost the fight.
aldo did nothing wrong. when a guy gets leg kicked and is limping around the other fighter jumps on it.
when a guy gets on tilt. the other fighter jumps on it.
when a fighter gets a broken rib. the other fighter jumps on it.
why?
because they are fukking fighting.

aldo was in the clear.

exactly.

it really makes me laugh when people pretend that this is badminton or something.

the two guys go in there with the intention of knocking the other guy unconscious thus, they go in there with the intention to cause permanent brain damage or at least turn a blind eye to that ramification when separating their opponent from their senses.

kicks to a body injury sounds tame when compared to brain damage caused by concussions, at least on a small scale, every time a fighter suffers a punch to the head or KO.

people will magnify anything to cause drama.

I find it funny you are supporting Aldo's decision to continously kick KZ separated shoulder, yet the person in your AV is a model for self control in the heat of the moment and does not inflict any unwarranted damage. I.e. Jacare, Babalu.

He had one arm, he coulda kicked him in the head for all I care. Still better than aiming directly at the shoulder.

He had one arm, he coulda kicked him in the head for all I care. Still better than aiming directly at the shoulder.

Exactly. Who knows how much damage Aldo did by doing that. Career ending? Who knows, but Aldo definitely increased the chances of that. Is it within the rules? Yes. Is it morally right? No.

I agree it's kind of shitty to attack an injury. He could've damaged a nerve with that shit and ended Jung's career.

The Zombie may have lost and I hope his injury is not too severe, but he fought with heart and has nothing to be ashamed of.

Well he sure stood in front of Aldo but he was very tentative, naturally.

Nobody said he had anything to be ashamed of, just saying, he never rocked Aldo lol

I find it funny you are supporting Aldo's decision to continously kick KZ separated shoulder, yet the person in your AV is a model for self control in the heat of the moment and does not inflict any unwarranted damage. I.e. Jacare, Babalu.

and that is one of the reasons why I love Gegard - he is a fair fighter and recognizes when the opponent is out and doesn't deal any unnecessary brain damage.

but I'm not going to pretend that he doesn't go in there with the intention of brutally KOing people; Sobral for example.

Exactly. Who knows how much damage Aldo did by doing that. Career ending? Who knows, but Aldo definitely increased the chances of that. Is it within the rules? Yes. Is it morally right? No.

Morally right? lmfao. This has nothing to do with morals. Who are you to dictate to him, his morals.

I find it funny that MMA fans hold their scruples so high, MMA fans.
This is THE most brutal, popular, sanctioned sport on the planet.

I'm not saying I would do the same, because I wouldn't but it's a fight.

If there were any doubters before, Zombie has truly cemented his status as a Saint of the Just Bleed God.

How is this any different than a fighter targeting a cut, or a swollen eye, or broken ribs, or a bruised leg? A fighter should be more concerned about his own well-being than the well-being of his opponent. That's why there's a ref.

Well he sure stood in front of Aldo but he was very tentative, naturally.

Nobody said he had anything to be ashamed of, just saying, he never rocked Aldo lol

I am just a big fan of Zombies and mentioned the nothing to be ashamed of to those people bashing him in other threads about how Zombie would have won if he fought harder. Aldo is a top three P4P and no Zombie never did rock Aldo because those hard kicks tend to discourage most that Aldo throws.

Back