UFC 163: Jose Aldo vs Chan 'Korean Zombie' Sung Jung PBP (Discussion)

Very odd to see Aldo get a finish and then very tepid support from the fans.

Were they upset by his wall-n-stall tactics or just disappointed by the unfortunate nature of the TKO? I don't want to say that they turned on Aldo, but they certainly didn't seem happy

It sucked because both fighters were tentative, then as soon as one started to open up he got injured.

Of course Aldo's foot injury had something to do with the way he fought, but still, two of the most exciting fighters in the sport fought for over three rounds and nothing really happened.

lol at aldo jumping out of the octagon after the fight like he did something amazing. he's a cheat

He won a title fight after outpointing and out grappling his opponent for 3 and half rounds before finishing him...what's not to celebrate? Cuz he dislocated the guys arm with a legal strike? Not to mention with a broken foot. Ya idk why he would ever celebrate that.

Learn what LNP is! Boring grappling does not equal LNP. LNP gets thrown out way to often by people who have no fucking clue what it is

aldo took him down after KZ was hitting him and HELD HIM. with no attempt to pass, or use GNP.. he just waited for the round to end.

that is LnP

LOL at you trying to discredit Edgar. Hahahah.

Edgar>Maynard
Edgar>BJ
Edgar>Benson (in many people's eyes)

Lol. Maynard beat the dogshit out of Edgar. Edgar survived with a lot of help from the Referees. Don't be a total clueless. You were doing well up until Maynard/Edgar.

yeah, cuz Maynard BJ and benson are the nest Lws in the division right now... come on. BJ was old.. it took him 3 fights to beat Maynard, and Benson beat him twice..
you really think Frankie could beat TJ Grant, Pettis, Khabib, Edson Barbosa, or Gil Melendez?

Also Frankie was a dude known for being a natural lightweight.. when he was champ he only fought 3 dudes..

you can continue being an Aldo fan.. nothing wrong with that.. Im not, however

Maynard>Guida>Pettis

Maynard is a solid fighter and a terrific win, as you can see by the quality of his opponents, above.

Yes I think he could beat all of them. Edgar is a great fighter that is criminally underrated by haters around here.

you sound like a little girl.. get over it bud
I'm not your bud and I'm not under it. It was less than I expect from such a so called elite P4P fighter.
And your little girl comment simply means you don't have an intelligent retort.

Lol. Maynard beat the dogshit out of Edgar. Edgar survived with a lot of help from the Referees. Don't be a total clueless. You were doing well up until Maynard/Edgar.

Yeah, the referee sure saved Edgar here.

If you look really closely you can see Edgar shouting "save me Rosenthal, save me, SAVE ME!!!"

11.gif

It's not his place to stop the fight. You should know that if you call yourself an mma fan. It's only a dislocated shoulder--grow the fuck up. If KZ wanted the fight stopped he could have called for the fight to be stopped. Putting the weight on Aldo's shoulders, to stop the fight is just retarded.
When did I say he should have stopped the fight. C'mon, people let go of chokes, stop GnP when their opponent is incapable of continuing and get lauded for it. The opposite is true in this case, imo.

Maynard>Guida>Pettis

Maynard is a solid fighter and a terrific win, as you can see by the quality of his opponents, above.

Yes I think he could beat all of them. Edgar is a great fighter that is criminally underrated by haters around here.

the fact that you used MMAth just probes your flawed logic..

Mighty Mouse > Kid Yamamoto > Caol Uno > Ivan Menjivar > Joe Lauzon > Jens Pulver > Bj Penn > Diego Sanchez > Martin Kampmann > Carlos Condit > Jake Ellenberger > Jake Shields > Dan Henderson > Fedor Emelianenko

relax

he got him down in round 5, hooray.

Huh? I was just pointing out that the guy you were responding to said "in the later rounds" and you were countering with an injury caused in the earlier part of the fight.

The point is, Aldo WAS being increasingly cautious as the Hominick fight progressed, and this is not the first time that we've seen Aldo slow down in the later rounds. One time can be an off night, but if it happens again and again, it's a pattern.

Beats Hominick's head into a watermelon.
Beats Florian who did everything he could to NOT fight Aldo.
KO's Mendes with one knee.
Beats Edgar who many thought was coming off a win over Benson in a convincing decision.
Stops Zombie after winning 3 rounds.

Yeah he looks dreadful.

lol stops Zombie... beats Hominick's head into a watermelon... beats a guy that doesn't want to fight him... lol

the fact that you used MMAth just probes your flawed logic..

Mighty Mouse > Kid Yamamoto > Caol Uno > Ivan Menjivar > Joe Lauzon > Jens Pulver > Bj Penn > Diego Sanchez > Martin Kampmann > Carlos Condit > Jake Ellenberger > Jake Shields > Dan Henderson > Fedor Emelianenko
True; but

Maynard>Edgar=Maynard=Edgar>Maynard

So there.....

It isn't MMAmath.

I'm demonstrating how Maynard is a good win given his wins and the quality of his opponents.

Try to read next time before making a stupid point.

Many didn't see it that way and he "lost" them to the same guy in CLOSE fights.

Edgar is at least a top 2 at LW before he moved down to FW.

You look ridiculous discrediting him.

You're beginning to sound ridiculous in defending Edgar. Look man, there is video of all this shit now. Edgar is what he is. Accept that.

Many didn't see it that way and he "lost" them to the same guy in CLOSE fights.

Edgar is at least a top 2 at LW before he moved down to FW.

You look ridiculous discrediting him.
Well, I guess you're saying I look ridiculous settles it?? lol. How did I discredit Edgar? Did he not lose the last two LW fights?
You're the one that said he was better THAN THE ENTIRE LW DIVISION...gtfo.

Back