UFC 162: Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman PBP (Discussion)

why do people think this was rigged? silva brings in a shit ton of revenue and he was considered to be the GOAT, why the fuck would he just agree to lose a fight at the end of his career and throw that all away?

it's one thing for a champion to throw a fight, it's another for a guy who is widely considered the GOAT to do it. no amount of money dana could have thrown at him would make him take a dive at this point in his career.

No one dives via a brutal TKO.. if he wanted to dive an fake something he would've let Weidman sub him and tap and stay healthy.

It's ridiculouss to say and think this was fixed.

Remember that time I argued with Silva huggers who said all the pros picking Weidman were crazy and Vegas had the odds all wrong, so I won $50?

I do.

kkVUv3x.jpg

this is reminiscent of when bigfoot KO'd overeem but on a much bigger level!

Silvas hard to figure out, I hope he's just upset he lost it sucks to see him out of the picture all of the sudden saying he's not going for the belt when we thought he was having another 10 fights

No one dives via a brutal TKO.. if he wanted to dive an fake something he would've let Weidman sub him and tap and stay healthy.

It's ridiculouss to say and think this was fixed.

I dont think that at all but man a lot of people have been saying that

To be fair to all people saying Siva would win, it's not like they were horribly wrong. The fact that Anderson was able to be in a position to start clowning Weidman proves Anderson was getting the better of him. It's just that this time, he got caught for his clowning. Props to Widman, but still.

I don't know what to think of this fight...I picked Weidman to win, but I don't know what was going through Silva's head...I don't mind the showboating, to me it looked like it was working...Weidman wasn't really pressuring for takedowns and was throwing looping punches at him...Silva was dodging them, but wasn't countering at all...just an overall weird fight

To be fair to all people saying Siva would win, it's not like they were horribly wrong. The fact that Anderson was able to be in a position to start clowning Weidman proves Anderson was getting the better of him. It's just that this time, he got caught for his clowning. Props to Widman, but still.

in no point in that fight was anderson getting the better of weidman

I see it playing out that way as well. It would've been nice if Anderson took him seriously. Weidman is a legit fighter, but I don't see him defending the belt 10+ times.

Get ready for Chris Weidmans Red Wedding.

that punch didn't even hit him clean, what the hell?
It hit him right on the chin while he had his hands down and was clowning around. Was it the most powerful punch in the world? Hell no, but it's the shots that you don't see coming that hurt you the most.

Back