PBP UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz Prelims PBP (Discussion) 3:40pm PT/ 6:40pm ET/ 11:40pm UK

even with Pride rules I'm not sure he would have lost the fight, he had first and two, so if you judge the fight as a whole he still has it, now if you mean that refs should be amnesic and score the fight based on what they remember of the last seconds of the it, yeah Voelker won by a large margin

This, since when did Pride score takedowns so highly?

I really like Ricci - but he's out of his element here. Fletcher has been overlooked...

KNEE-HEAD.gif

Nice one, batsui. Tamura really screwed the pooch diving into that kick/knee.

Guys, Fletcher vs Ricci is main card.

They have their own PBP threads for the main card fights.

guys don't forget this thread is over. We now have thread for each individual main card fight. They're stickied at the top of the forums.

even with Pride rules I'm not sure he would have lost the fight, he had first and two, so if you judge the fight as a whole he still has it, now if you mean that judges should be amnesic and score the fight based on what they remember of the last seconds of it, yeah Voelker won by a large margin

voelker wins in PRIDE because he won the 3rd by a large margin, while the other 2 rounds were relatively close, especially the 2nd.

voelker wins in PRIDE because he won the 3rd by a large margin, while the other 2 rounds were relatively close, especially the 2nd.

mm sorry but roudn 1 was a stand up clinic by cote, just like the 3rd was a wrestling clinic by Voelker but even in the third cote was able to pull guard and work that BJJ a bit, while Voelker was useless in the first, gaining ground back in the 2nd but I would still give the edge to cote, so to me TJ de Santis scoring was logic 10-9 10-9 9-10 to Cote

mm sorry but roudn 1 was a stand up clinic by cote, just like the 3rd was a wrestling clinic by Voelker but even in the third cote was able to pull guard and work that BJJ a bit, while Voelker was useless in the first, gaining ground back in the 2nd but I would still give the edge to cote, so to me TJ de Santis scoring was logic 10-9 10-9 9-10 to Cote

TJ actually scored the first round for voelker.

standup clinic? i disagree, cote was getting the better of the standup but it was still a close round. R1 and 2 were close, but i gave a very slight edge to cote, R3 was all voelker.

Funny how people were saying that Cote was going to "probably get robbed of the round" after round 1. Then when they gave it to him and Voelker finished strong it suddenly is a robbery against Voelker.

I don't see anyone saying it was a robbery. A lot of people see what they're watching though. They see Cote winning two relatively close rounds on the round by round system then get dominated in round 3. This scoring system doesn't always indicate the fight as a whole. The stupid round by round system is why people insist Edgar beat Aldo.

Back