Ufc 107 BJ vs Johnny hendricks

gymme

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Call me a crazy delusional man but I think the BJ that fought Diego would and could beat Johnny hendricks of today... It'd be a close crazy brutal fight but I see BJ getting a submission

Idk I'm why so attracted to this fight but I think BJ could give Johnny fits especially that version of BJ ...

Now I know nowadays Johnny would steamroll him after the first round but ufc 107 BJ was on another planet compared to BJ of recent ..

It'd be a Great fight IMO

And while I'm at it what about thiago alves vs condit ? That's a great fight too or Condit vs lawler!god I love welterweight all of a sudden

Unless he's fighting Matt Hughes, BJ had no business being in the cage with welter weights.

Call me a crazy delusional man but I think the BJ that fought Diego would and could beat Johnny hendricks of today... It'd be a close crazy brutal fight but I see BJ getting a submission

Idk I'm why so attracted to this fight but I think BJ could give Johnny fits especially that version of BJ ...

Now I know nowadays Johnny would steamroll him after the first round but ufc 107 BJ was on another planet compared to BJ of recent ..

It'd be a Great fight IMO

And while I'm at it what about thiago alves vs condit ? That's a great fight too or Condit vs lawler!god I love welterweight all of a sudden

You are a crazy delusional man. The strength and power advantage a 194lb Big Rig would have over 173lb (if that) BJ would be astronomical. Do you remember what GSP did to BJ after he learned to wrestle? I don't see how Big Rig wouldn't do the same exact thing.

BJ is a hell of a fighter, and I consider myself a fan.. but he was small for 170... that is painfully evident... and Hendricks is a big WW, and strong as an ox... While GSP is a great athlete, Penn's biggest problem was he wasn't strong enough @ 170... GSP's conditioning was also on another world, but BJ tried a number of times to utilize his BJJ, and simply wasn't big and strong enough to do it... Hendricks, in my opinion, from a raw strength standpoint, is on another level... Penn would have eaten a lot of elbows on the ground, trying to control hands, and arms... in my opinion, Penn is the best 155'er so far, and he wasn't big for the division either... but in today's 170, he looks like a Garden Gnome...

I think its so silly when people say "Fighter X when he fought Fighter Y would beat Fighter Z". Did it ever occur to you that BJ looked so good against Diego Sanchez because its Diego Sanchez and not Johny Hendricks?

They would be close to two divisions apart come fight night

When BJ fought at WW, he'd just show up close to, or less than, weight.
Meanwhile, true WW come into the cage at about 190.
Not good.

He actually did a great job against Fitch for two rounds.
Amazing ability, but sorry, shouldn't be fighting at WW.

He should have just stayed at 155. Maybe he would have become champ again.
I could see him giving Benson a lot of trouble.

I dunno about that but I think a UFC 107 BJ vs. a today Shane Carwin would be a good fight.

I think its so silly when people say "Fighter X when he fought Fighter Y would beat Fighter Z". Did it ever occur to you that BJ looked so good against Diego Sanchez because its Diego Sanchez and not Johny Hendricks?

Algebra lessons make my head hurt

why does everyone think 107 BJ was unstoppable? He looked in relatively good form, but beating up on a punching bag perfectly suited for his style in Diego is what made him look so good IMO.

The fact that he has won titles at 155 and 170 is phenomenal considering he is a natural 45er... Joe Rogan called it back at UFC 107 that he could fight at 145...

I have basically disregarded his fights against Diaz and Mcdonald because in the year 2014 a man that naturally weighs 168 lbs should not be fighting men that naturally weigh 190+

Beating Hughes twice and winning two rounds against Fitch are remarkable feats for a FW/LW and just make anything he has done at 155 and will do at 145 even more impressive...

Hendricks round 1 KO. Honestly, Penn may not make it past 2 minutes.

Didn't Johny fight on 107? Maybe it was 101. Something with BJ though.

Anyway, UFC 107? Hell no. UFC 46? Yup.

Back