U.S. Strikes Killed Scores of Russian Fighters in Syria

scoopj

ackson
@red
Reaction score
These were not Russian soldiers in the armed forces, but rather contract soldiers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-to-kill-scores-of-russian-fighters-in-syria

“More than 200 mercenaries, mostly Russians fighting on behalf of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, died in a failed attack on a base and refinery held by U.S. and U.S.-backed forces in the oil-rich Deir Ezzor region, two of the Russians said. The U.S. official put the death toll at about 100, with 200 to 300 injured.”

Does Russia downplay this like the Turkey incident where the Russian jet was shot down, or could this escalate? Where is @ripskater when you need him?

These were not Russian soldiers in the armed forces, but rather contract soldiers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-to-kill-scores-of-russian-fighters-in-syria

“More than 200 mercenaries, mostly Russians fighting on behalf of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, died in a failed attack on a base and refinery held by U.S. and U.S.-backed forces in the oil-rich Deir Ezzor region, two of the Russians said. The U.S. official put the death toll at about 100, with 200 to 300 injured.”

Does Russia downplay this like the Turkey incident where the Russian jet was shot down, or could this escalate? Where is @ripskater when you need him?

I'm not sure if Russia downplayed the Turkey incident, they retaliated with a massive bombing operation on the Turkey border where they had loyalists. There is video of it s9mewhere, it wss devastating.

I'm not sure if Russia downplayed the Turkey incident, they retaliated with a massive bombing operation on the Turkey border where they had loyalists. There is video of it s9mewhere, it wss devastating.
Link?

If they are individuals who are there for a job, a paid contractor security job, and not under the authority of the Russian government, then these casualties are not considered a loss by the Russian State or an attack on the Russian State.

Not sure what bothers me more. That we are attacking Syrian forces when we say we are there to fight terrorists, or that we have a US held refinery in Syria.

Am I the only one who see's how utterly full of shit we are?

This shit right here, is why the MSM is rightfully called fake news.

Maybe people should talk about the fact that the US is occupying parts of eastern Syria. Seems lost in the conversation.

Not sure what bothers me more. That we are attacking Syrian forces when we say we are there to fight terrorists, or that we have a US held refinery in Syria.

Am I the only one who see's how utterly full of shit we are?

This shit right here, is why the MSM is rightfully called fake news.
My takeaway from the article was that it was Russian mercenaries, alongside Syrian forces who attacked a Kurdish base and refinery. The US forces were advisors providing training to the Kurds on how to secure those facilities for themselves. The article clearly states that is was the Russians and Syrians who advanced on the Kurds and Americans, though, not the other way around. The article also heavily implies that the refinery is Kurdish, and run by Kurds, there were just advisors present, although if you have info contrary to that I’d be interested in it.

My takeaway from the article was that it was Russian mercenaries, alongside Syrian forces who attacked a Kurdish base and refinery. The US forces were advisors providing training to the Kurds on how to secure those facilities for themselves. The article clearly states that is was the Russians and Syrians who advanced on the Kurds and Americans, though, not the other way around. The article also heavily implies that the refinery is Kurdish, and run by Kurds, there were just advisors present, although if you have info contrary to that I’d be interested in it.

I'm going to be honest, I just went by the headline there, and what was in the op.

However my response to what you just informed me, is that the Syrian government is the legitimate government of Syria. Which makes the Kurds and US subject to Syrian law. Sounds to me like the US, and Kurds are terrorists breaking the laws and authority of said legal, and legitimate government.

In fact how many international laws are we in violation of by having any troops in syria?

I'm going to be honest, I just went by the headline there, and what was in the op.

However my response to what you just informed me, is that the Syrian government is the legitimate government of Syria. Which makes the Kurds and US subject to Syrian law. Sounds to me like the US, and Kurds are terrorists breaking the laws and authority of said legal, and legitimate government.
That’s a point you could argue, but the refineries are run by Kurds, with the profits going to pay Kurdish fighters, supposedly. Not sure about how valid this is, but I did some research as I was curious, and found this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voanews.com/amp/3427566.html

one of many many other versions, like usual
The Russian officials quoted in the article don’t really challenge that the mercenaries attacked the base. They just emphasize that it wasn’t the Russian military.

We could have avoided these conflicts with the Syrian govt and Russia if we hadn't elected Hillary.

Back