U.S issues new sanctions against Iran. (Also Nuclear deal up for vote Jan 15th.)

mcveteran81

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
U.S. sanctions five Iranian entities, signals more measures.

Link Source 1 : https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...36dc3fa2842_story.html?utm_term=.528a8a2455df

Link Source 2 : http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-issues-new-sanctions-on-Iran-over-missiles-532912

The United States on Thursday placed sanctions on five subsidiaries of an Iranian industrial group that is considered key in the development and production of the country’s ballistic missiles.

The sanctions imposed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control, an arm of the Treasury Department, targeted companies that are owned or controlled by the Shahid Bakeri Industrial Group, an Iranian defense entity that already is under U.S. sanctions.

Last month, Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, showed reporters fragments from missiles that had been launched by Yemeni rebels into Saudi Arabia. One shredded fragment had the Shahid Bakeri logo on it, seeming proof that it was manufactured in Iran.

The latest sanctions were directed at Shahid Kharrazi Industries, Shahid Sanikhani Industries, Shahid Moghaddam Industries, Shahid Eslami Research Center and Shahid Shustari Industries, all linked to Shahid Bakeri. Each produces a specific component of ballistic missiles, such as guidance and control systems, motor cases or fiber materials.

The new sanctions come after a week of anti-government protests that have spread across Iran in towns and small cities that previously were considered bulwarks of government support. President Trump has tweeted his support for the protesters and criticism of the government, warning that “the world is watching.”

In addition, Trump must decide by Jan. 15 whether to recertify Iran’s compliance with the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, which he decided not to do in October. He also must decide whether to waive U.S. nuclear-related sanctions that were suspended under the landmark agreement. If he decides not to waive sanctions and to reimpose them, the United States would be violating the commitments it made and, in effect, walking away from the agreement.

------------------------------------------------

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The United States *wants* war with Iran. And we've used the same setup we always do. Good cop / Bad cop routine or Create a problem, cause a reaction, offer a solution.

Good Cop : Obama seeks diplomatic means to broker a deal with Iran (widely unpopular domestically and doomed to failure by design) and gets support for it by appealing to other nations and the U.N (Makes the US look reasonable because we're giving the *bad guys* a chance to turn around)

Bad Cop : Trump comes in after Obama, in typical setup fashion declares the Nuclear deal a catastrophe and starts up anti Iranian dialect. Points to Iran's nuclear program, accuses them of weapons development and paints them as the overall *boogey man*.

Convenient Situations used for further propaganda : Iran undergoes more civil unrest and Trump uses this opportunity to smear campaign Iran and issue more sanctions.

Next Convenient Situation Upcoming January 15th of this month : Nuclear Deal waiver for re-certification comes up. Nostradumbass future prediction says, Trump will not sign waiver further deteriorating relations, increasing hostilities and setting up further propaganda to go to war with Iran because now they are building *nuclear weapons* without approval of the United mother fucking States of Murica.

What say you Sherdog!?

Last edited:
I say

593a9ddbc4618802768b459b.jpg

Sanctions on Iran is probably one thing the psycho american government does in foreign policy that i think make sense other than handle north korea tough. if only you guys would stop doing coups and bombing everywhere else around world.

U.S. sanctions five Iranian entities, signals more measures.

Link Source 1 : https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...36dc3fa2842_story.html?utm_term=.528a8a2455df

Link Source 2 : http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-issues-new-sanctions-on-Iran-over-missiles-532912

The United States on Thursday placed sanctions on five subsidiaries of an Iranian industrial group that is considered key in the development and production of the country’s ballistic missiles.

The sanctions imposed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control, an arm of the Treasury Department, targeted companies that are owned or controlled by the Shahid Bakeri Industrial Group, an Iranian defense entity that already is under U.S. sanctions.

Last month, Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, showed reporters fragments from missiles that had been launched by Yemeni rebels into Saudi Arabia. One shredded fragment had the Shahid Bakeri logo on it, seeming proof that it was manufactured in Iran.

The latest sanctions were directed at Shahid Kharrazi Industries, Shahid Sanikhani Industries, Shahid Moghaddam Industries, Shahid Eslami Research Center and Shahid Shustari Industries, all linked to Shahid Bakeri. Each produces a specific component of ballistic missiles, such as guidance and control systems, motor cases or fiber materials.

The new sanctions come after a week of anti-government protests that have spread across Iran in towns and small cities that previously were considered bulwarks of government support. President Trump has tweeted his support for the protesters and criticism of the government, warning that “the world is watching.”

In addition, Trump must decide by Jan. 15 whether to recertify Iran’s compliance with the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, which he decided not to do in October. He also must decide whether to waive U.S. nuclear-related sanctions that were suspended under the landmark agreement. If he decides not to waive sanctions and to reimpose them, the United States would be violating the commitments it made and, in effect, walking away from the agreement.

------------------------------------------------

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The United States *wants* war with Iran. And we've used the same setup we always do. Good cop / Bad cop routine or Create a problem, cause a reaction, offer a solution.

Good Cop : Obama seeks diplomatic means to broker a deal with Iran (widely unpopular domestically and doomed to failure by design) and gets support for it by appealing to other nations and the U.N (Makes the US look reasonable because we're giving the *bad guys* a chance to turn around)

Bad Cop : Trump comes in after Obama, in typical setup fashion declares the Nuclear deal a catastrophe and starts up anti Iranian dialect. Points to Iran's nuclear program, accuses them of weapons development and paints them as the overall *boogey man*.

Convenient Situations used for further propaganda : Iran undergoes more civil unrest and Trump uses this opportunity to smear campaign Iran and issue more sanctions.

Next Convenient Situation Upcoming January 15th of this month : Nuclear Deal waiver for re-certification comes up. Nostradumbass future prediction says, Trump will not sign waiver further deteriorating relations, increasing hostilities and setting up further propaganda to go to war with Iran because now they are building *nuclear weapons* without approval of the United mother fucking States of Murica.

What say you Sherdog!?

Oh man. I hope nobody can ever provide missile fragments "seemingly proving" that we may have provided weapons to rebel groups in the Middle East. What a hypothetically embarrassing hypothetical day that would be.....

I don't buy you good cop bad cop reasoning.

The US had sanctions on Iran when they had a hardliner in office. He was replaced with a moderate/reformer. We negotiated the nuclear as a result of that.

Sanctions on Iran is probably one thing the psycho american government does in foreign policy that i think make sense other than handle north korea tough. if only you guys would stop doing coups and bombing everywhere else around world.
Yeah they work so well
Noko didn’t get nukes because of it, Ukraine didn’t Crimea river, and so on

Iraq war 3.0! Republicans gonna start ME wars every 8-10 years like clock work?

Not surprised in the least. Predicted this in the sticky thread.

You should post this info there @mcveteran81 . Most people still don’t want to admit that the war drums have started.

Yeah they work so well
Noko didn’t get nukes because of it, Ukraine didn’t Crimea river, and so on

Crimea is Russian and US is hypocrital because if it was a 'ally' of there they would say it was legit. Ukraine crisis caused by US and CIA and MI6 in first place destablize and backing people to overthrow elected government. US war mongerers a lot this is fact. NK got nukes cause china that a shit situation they got a big power protecting them but now i think they realize he needs to go Kim jung un is unstable.

I think the Good Cop-Bad Cop thing is kind of silly, but I otherwise agree. And I will say that @mcveteran81's posts on middle eastern affairs give me hope that there can be some level of intelligence and individual moral insights in the military. Truthfully, I've never met a guy irl who is proudly military who isn't a knuckle dragging ultranationalist moron when it comes to foreign affairs.

Last edited:
I think the Good Cop-Bad Cop thing is kind of silly, but I otherwise agree. And I will say that @mcveteran81's posts on middle eastern affairs give me hope that there can be some level of individual moral insights in the military. Truthfully, I've never met a guy irl who is proudly military who isn't a knuckle dragging ultranationalist moron when it comes to foreign affairs.
You don't know enough guys that served then. Or you only know a bunch of POG twats that were Marines that do the "EVERY MARINE IS A RIFLEMAN" shtick when most infantry Marines laugh at it.

EDIT:
I only say this cause every vet I know personally, including my Vietnam Vet dad had the same attitude...

"Probably shouldn't have been there. Still, better them than me and my squadmates."

You don't know enough guys that served then. Or you only know a bunch of POG twats that were Marines that do the "EVERY MARINE IS A RIFLEMAN" shtick when most infantry Marines laugh at it.
He’s actually never left his house or talked to people with an opinion like that

I think it's happening as well. Administrations come and go, but senators judges and generals remain the same, and I think their ultimate goal is to fuck up Iran's shit big-time.

They invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. With Saudi Arabia to the South and Israel to the North, Iran is now completely surrounded. From a strategic point of view the setup is already complete.

In the last few years, Saudi Military spending has gone through the roof, and Iran is the most likely target for them to use it on, aside from the terrorists in Yemen and Syria who they've already been practicing on.

I'm not sure about this good cop bad cop stuff, seems like implausible 4d chess, but I think Iran is gonna get fucked at some point. The Saudis and Israel's are gunning for them for geopolitical and religious reasons, and the West will need another oil war at some point.

20150625_Defense_GDP_Fo1.jpg

They invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. With Saudi Arabia to the South and Israel to the North, Iran is now completely surrounded. From a strategic point of view the setup is already complete.
191%20Middle%20East%20Map.jpg

"Israel... north..."

giphy.gif

EDIT:
I only say this cause every vet I know personally, including my Vietnam Vet dad had the same attitude...

"Probably shouldn't have been there. Still, better them than me and my squadmates."

No, I know plenty who have served and are humble and intelligent persons, but those generally aren't the types to outwardly project their service. Generally, when I see a military or ex-military person with a flag or fighter jet cover photo, semper fi bumper sticker, or really just any tendency to identify themselves by their service, they're world class morons when it comes to foreign affairs. For instance, I saw one on a friend's post last night defending Trump's tweets re "big button" and stoking Iran along the lines that Trump knows what he's doing but civilians are brainwashed by the MSM and don't understand the intricacies of what Trump is doing and need to be thankful to live in the GOAT country and not question the military because you don't know how bad those other countries are and how much of a joke they think we are and yada, yada, yada.

No, I know plenty who have served and are humble and intelligent persons, but those generally aren't the types to outwardly project their service. Generally, when I see a military or ex-military person with a flag or fighter jet cover photo, semper fi bumper sticker, or really just any tendency to identify themselves by their service, they're world class morons when it comes to foreign affairs. For instance, I saw one on a friend's post last night defending Trump's tweets re "big button" and stoking Iran along the lines that Trump knows what he's doing but civilians are brainwashed by the MSM and don't understand the intricacies of what Trump is doing and need to be thankful to live in the GOAT country and not question the military because you don't know how bad those other countries are and how much of a joke they think we are and yada, yada, yada.
In regards to the comments about MSM almost EVERY vet I know from lowly desk jockey on up to Rangers and such distrust the media almost completely and totally for reasonable and paranoid reasons.

My dad as an example refuses to buy into anything any media outlet says or does in regards to military/foreign policy because he views them as the reason he got spit on and called a mother rapist and baby killer when he came back from Vietnam.

In regards to the comments about MSM almost EVERY vet I know from lowly desk jockey on up to Rangers and such distrust the media almost completely and totally for reasonable and paranoid reasons.

My dad as an example refuses to buy into anything any media outlet says or does in regards to military/foreign policy because he views them as the reason he got spit on and called a mother rapist and baby killer when he came back from Vietnam.

Interesting. That's genuinely surprising to me considering how notoriously (well, relative to other western democracies) tight-lipped and unacknowledging the US has been about its own war crimes and wartime indiscretions. Most Americans don't even know of My Lai.

A lot of people liked Trump, even if they weren't Republicans, because of his anti interventionist stance. Now he appears to be a NeoCon stooge.

Americans were sick of MidEast interventionism after Iraq, including the GOP grassroots. The grassroots wanted America First, but they are getting Israel First. The Alt-Right, an early and strong supporter of Trump, were against MidEast interventionism.

NeoCons waited patiently for 8 years , for memory of their clusterfcuk in Iraq to subside, and now they are back to their old tricks.

Back